LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

Jesse Williams runs a 4.78 40.

Him and Dorsey are better than Soap and RJF.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

+1

Soap was a holdover from previous regimes and RJF was an over achiever. They benefited from playing with Cowboy, Mac, and Aldon. Dorsey and Williams would be major upgrades over these fools.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

+1
I am friends with his cousin from Australia through work (a big broncos fan) and he is fixated on Jesse to come to Denver. I told him if he comes to SF he better hook me up! I would love to have Jesse on the 49ers front line.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by eonblue:
Pretty fast for a big man.
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/03/watch_former_alabama_dl_jesse.html

Only DT/NT I would draft in the 1st I hope he is there

I highly doubt we take him now that we signed Dorsey. Both are not much for rushing the passer. I still think one of our first two picks could be a pass rushing 5-technique to mold behind Justin and Mac, such as Datone Jones or Kawann Short.

See but if we take a 5-technique over a NT, then we don't really have anyone to play NT....I know people keep saying Dorsey can, but he's not a true NT at all. I really, really want Datone Jones but I think a guy who can play NT is more likely.
Im all for going after the guys that play against the best of the best competition when drafting for the trenches, and Jesse Williams was right in the middle of the best. No question the anchor on his defense, you can argue that he set the tempo week in and week out for his teammates to excel. With the coaching staff to max his potential, he could make a Wilfork-type impact for an NFL defense, and be the dominant wall to force teams into a one-dimensional offense.

I loved it 2011 when teams knew they couldnt run the ball on us. It was truly a huge factor in our 13-3 record.

In Baalke we trust.
Wind aided...doesn't count! :0

4.9 for a guy that big is just fine with me!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Take Jesse Williams at nose. Rotate Glenn Dorsey with Justin Smith and Ray McDonald. Grab a rookie DE (5-tech) to join the rotation as well.

YUP!
Jones and Williams?
Doubt he will be on the board at 31. Maybe at 21.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Doubt he will be on the board at 31. Maybe at 21.

Chicago sitting at 20 is a logical trading partner. Chicago has only five picks in the entire draft.

There are different configurations but a trade with Chicago is doable.

We could trade them our 1st, a 3rd, and a 5th.
Another option, would be to trade them our two seconds.

I do not like the second option very much
I still think he's a 2nd rounder
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I still think he's a 2nd rounder

I hope that you are right.

If we could get at #34, I would be very pleased.
Originally posted by mkary12:
See but if we take a 5-technique over a NT, then we don't really have anyone to play NT....I know people keep saying Dorsey can, but he's not a true NT at all. I really, really want Datone Jones but I think a guy who can play NT is more likely.

Why not both. If Datone Jones is there at 31....you take him. Its likely that Jesse Williams would be there at 34. Add those two and you don't have to add anymore defensive line players other than taking a flyer on someone with potential late in the draft.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Would not be surprise if we use the KC 2nd round pick on Jessie Williams and allow him to sit and learn from Justin Smith for 2 years.. the motor and attitude is there, it's just now staying healthy and focus..
Share 49ersWebzone