There are 252 users in the forums

one way to make up for the loss of delanie walker

Originally posted by 5timechamps:
Celek is a pretty decent te.

This....Better hands than Walker, nice red zone target as well. He's going to be a decent TE, probably one of the reasons the front office didn't overpay for Delanie.
Less two te sets.. More 3 WR sets with Boldin running alot of short/mid range routes
Tavon Austin would fill multiple needs and create hell on defenses. PR/KR, deep threat, slot receiver etc. Teams would fear our offense more then our defense with him added to our roster!
If we could somehow maneuver around the draft (and we can) and get Austin, D. Jones and Elam/Cyprien my boxers would be sticky. Elam to me is the Tavon Austin of defensive prospects in this draft, he's on the smaller side but an absolute playmaker!
Originally posted by 49ers808:
If we could somehow maneuver around the draft (and we can) and get Austin, D. Jones and Elam/Cyprien my boxers would be sticky. Elam to me is the Tavon Austin of defensive prospects in this draft, he's on the smaller side but an absolute playmaker!

I assure you it will not be possible to get three projected first rounders (and Austin is projected as a mid-first).
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I assure you it will not be possible to get three projected first rounders (and Austin is projected as a mid-first).

I assure you that not all four of the players I listed will go in the first. I know it's highly unlikely that's why I said somehow. Our pick at 34 is close to a first, we could trade both our thirds and our second to move way up in the second. So yes it is possible but yes highly unlikely
Austin is my draft crush. I would go mental if we got him although we would probably have to move up to do so.

D-Line and Secondary can be filled with our 2nd and 3rd round picks. But Crabtree, Boldin and Austin with VD, Gore and Kap playing like last year would be the most explosive offense in the NFL
Originally posted by smithc28:
Austin is my draft crush. I would go mental if we got him although we would probably have to move up to do so.

D-Line and Secondary can be filled with our 2nd and 3rd round picks. But Crabtree, Boldin and Austin with VD, Gore and Kap playing like last year would be the most explosive offense in the NFL

Austin is a very intriguing player, but I really don't think we can afford to use our 1st rounder on a WR this year. Austin is even worse because it would be our 1st rounder and trading up.

We just brought in Boldin and we used a 1st rounder on a WR last year. I think it takes at least one more season to declare him a bust. In the meantime, we desperately need reinforcements on the DL and secondary.
Please no more Munchkins - I don't care how fast - this is the NFL and there are a lot of fast guys.

DLine, DLine and a BIG, Strong, Fast WR who can catch the ball.
Originally posted by bigwads:
I'm wondering if our signing of Dorsey means we don't take a DL in the draft with our first two picks...meaning we are in the Eifert hunt now.

I think TE if definitely a need now. not a emergency but still we need 2 good TEs to run roman's offense and im not sold on celek

I wouldn't replace a big receiver like Walker with a smallish WR...instead, I'd draft Marcus Davis, big WR from VA Tech. At 6-4, 230+ and 4.45 X 40 speed, he could be a beast...his hands are better than Walker's, but didn't have the QB play w/Hokies he'd have with Kap.
I hope we dont take Ertz, he looks like a bum on tape.
Originally posted by domingo:
Chris Harper.

Thinking outside the box. I like it.
Originally posted by 49ers4life242:
Eifert

Would you trade up for Eifert? If so, how much do you give up?

Too many good players at positions of need for me to take a TE in the first round. Third or fourth round TEs are pretty good.

As for Austin--he is a James but at WR. They need quickness on the edge but they also need size. Can Austin return punts in the NFL?
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
Boldin can do what Walker did

You sir got me to laugh. He will do way more than what 4 walkers do. Dude will do way more than walker... Anyways, we will draft his replacement
Share 49ersWebzone