There are 203 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is there a "Delanie Walker" in this years draft?

Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
I personally like Michael Williams TE Alabama. 6'5" 269. He fits our style to a T, with none of the character concerns of Dion Sims my second favorite.

Might as well put an offensive lineman out there. Williams is slow as hell. Feet of concrete doesn't even begin to describe him. He'd be a nice target in the red-zone but with him you lose the quickness that Delanie Walker had. He's not a guy who's going to gain separation from NFL linebackers, let alone defensive backs.
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Reed from the Florida Gators?

I really like Reed. He offers the most upside as he is an excellent route runner and has soft hands. This dimension of his game is something Walkers lacked. He has the speed to play Hback. He needs to spend a year learning the art of blocking and getting stronger. I think hes the most intriguing prospect by far.
I kind of want to look at Chris Harper WR from Kansas State, big physical WR and good hands.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Might as well put an offensive lineman out there. Williams is slow as hell. Feet of concrete doesn't even begin to describe him. He'd be a nice target in the red-zone but with him you lose the quickness that Delanie Walker had. He's not a guy who's going to gain separation from NFL linebackers, let alone defensive backs.

Walkers speed made him a versatile run blocker and FB. Williams is way to slow to fit this mold.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Might as well put an offensive lineman out there. Williams is slow as hell. Feet of concrete doesn't even begin to describe him. He'd be a nice target in the red-zone but with him you lose the quickness that Delanie Walker had. He's not a guy who's going to gain separation from NFL linebackers, let alone defensive backs.

Walkers speed made him a versatile run blocker and FB. Williams is way to slow to fit this mold.
Jordan Reed, TE, Florida
I would rather find a "Percy Harvin" type player.
Originally posted by eonblue:
I really like Reed. He offers the most upside as he is an excellent route runner and has soft hands. This dimension of his game is something Walkers lacked. He has the speed to play Hback. He needs to spend a year learning the art of blocking and getting stronger. I think hes the most intriguing prospect by far.

I think Kelce has the best combination of out-of-the-box blocking ability and receiving ability. If the character issues are not substantial, then he has a chance to make a huge initial impact and be an instant contributor.
Originally posted by gbniner:
I would rather find a "Percy Harvin" type player.

But who was Gire????
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Reed from the Florida Gators?

Yep, one of my favorites.

Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Yep, one of my favorites.



Can't block, has been described as basically a slower, oversized wide receiver. Not even considered to be the same prospect that Aaron Hernandez was.
The Niners use a lot of two TE sets, so I expect the team to either pick up a veteran TE in free agency or use a draft choice in a pretty decent TE draft class. Keep an eye on New Mexico's Lucas Reed as a solid late round TE, with a good size and speed combination.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Can't block, has been described as basically a slower, oversized wide receiver. Not even considered to be the same prospect that Aaron Hernandez was.

He's not Aaron Hernandez. He's Jordan Reed. Just because they're both TEs that went to Florida doesn't mean they have to be compared and it certainly doesn't mean that one is bad because he's not the "same" as the other. He ran a 4.71 which is by no means slow. Saying things like "cant block" simply isn't true and it makes me think you haven't watched any film. He's a decent blocker but he get thrown around by stronger defenders. He needs a weight room and the coach who turned DW around. He has tremendous upside because he can exploit matchup, hes crafty up the middle, he actually catchs the ball, and he has the footwork to lineup at FB.

Good blocking. Good routes. Great YAC.
[ Edited by eonblue on Mar 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I kind of want to look at Chris Harper WR from Kansas State, big physical WR and good hands.


This is who I have been wondering about. He is listed as a receiver, but I think he has similar skills to Walker and can be used in a lot of the same ways.
9ers may need to draft a H-back and a TE. I would like to seem them use two later picks on a tall TE and Walker type.