Pass on Hunt and insert Jesse Williams at 34. He's a projected high 2nd rounder last I've seen.
A "future" RB is a concern, but with Gore, Hunter, and James around I wouldn't waste a top-3-rounder on RB this year. Try to find a steal in the later rounds, or turn to the 2014 draft if Gore indeed slows down or retires. (I've seen some people listed Lattimore in their mocks in round 4 or 5; you seem to be reaching for him, but I could be talked into him as a high-upside "redshirt" type).
Reid and Williams is making more and more sense. Two high-impact players at positions of need.
There are 592 users in the forums
Mr.Crab Mock Draft Rnd. 1-4
Mar 11, 2013 at 4:17 PM
- LieutKaffee
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,988
Mar 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM
- MrCrab49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 608
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Pass on Hunt and insert Jesse Williams at 34. He's a projected high 2nd rounder last I've seen.
A "future" RB is a concern, but with Gore, Hunter, and James around I wouldn't waste a top-3-rounder on RB this year. Try to find a steal in the later rounds, or turn to the 2014 draft if Gore indeed slows down or retires. (I've seen some people listed Lattimore in their mocks in round 4 or 5; you seem to be reaching for him, but I could be talked into him as a high-upside "redshirt" type).
Reid and Williams is making more and more sense. Two high-impact players at positions of need.
I really want the 49ers to focus on D on 1st and 2nd picks as potential starters. The reason for wanting to pick RB early in the 3rd is because 49ers is apower run team. Hunter and james isn't big enough to take the pounding in case Gore gets hurt. 49ers need another big back.
Mar 11, 2013 at 6:28 PM
- tatdwolf49
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,206
Hate hunt wasted pick on a old rookie that will take 3+ yrz to develope N please not a 3rd yr of a high round RB our defense needs youth N starters in a yr with brown N whitener Smith contactz all up...
Apr 28, 2013 at 12:56 AM
- MrCrab49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 608
I'm glad no Hunt. But man, what happened to Jesse Williams? He dropped off so far. But I'll take Quintil Dial.