LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Kiper's 3/11 Mock, notes

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah...no. Safety trumps the need for a #4 or #5 cornerback. At this point, after the 49ers tendered Brock, I wouldn't be shocked to not see them draft a cornerback until the 4th round or later.

You have Brown, Culliver, Rogers, Cox, Brock. Where does another CB fit?

Meanwhile if Goldson leaves, the 49ers have Whitner, Robinson and Spillman. Its clearly which is the higher priority.

I think Goldson is gone. Don't see the 49ers paying him the money he'll get on the open market 5yrs/$40 mil.. The 49ers are going spend a higher pick to draft a safety or a corner and move Culliver to FS. Unless the sign a FA. Personally I am hoping for Sean Smith. Not feeling the Reed hype, he is getting injury prone in his old age... lost a step too.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I think we draft CB at 34 Rogers is old N after this yr will have 1 yr left on his contact N brown is a free agent next yr so we need to get someone N at 34 we can get a top CB I like trufant good skills N speedy

The operative phrase here is "next year." The 49ers won't have Goldson THIS year. They need a safety more than a cornerback. Arguably 2 safeties since they realistically need to replace Whitner as well.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Don't know if I'm allowed to post INsider links here.

He mocks Datone Jones to us. He's one of the handful of picks I'm hoping for, so I'm on board.

Interesting note is that he has 5 WRs and a TE in the first round; I don't think I've seen that many pass catchers in most mocks. Order: Patterson, Austin, Eifert, Hunter, Allen, Hopkins. I know many in here think the 49ers will/should target one of the top 8-ish WRs, as I've seen many mocks hoping Austin or Allen would fall to #31 or that Hopkins or Hunter would be available in the late 2nd. If the draft falls this way, I wonder if the 49ers would respond to the run on WR by snagging Da'Rick at #34.

mocks are not Kipers strong suit, so don't give up hope.
Would be happy with Jones as our pick
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I think we draft CB at 34 Rogers is old N after this yr will have 1 yr left on his contact N brown is a free agent next yr so we need to get someone N at 34 we can get a top CB I like trufant good skills N speedy

The operative phrase here is "next year." The 49ers won't have Goldson THIS year. They need a safety more than a cornerback. Arguably 2 safeties since they realistically need to replace Whitner as well.

CBs need time to develop tho not taking a top end CB now would be very dumb to our defense in tha coming yrs ....
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think we should move up this year as much as possible and trade some picks for more in 2014 draft.. Then we should concentrate on defense as much as possible cause those big boys (OL) from Seattle are now getting closer to their peak while our front 3 or 4 (DL) are aging.

This is what happened to the early 90s w/ both Dallas and Green Bay.. They took care of their OL and watch our front 4 get old.. Even with the non stop motors (Roberts-Holt-f*gan) players that we had, we just couldn't handle them anymore..

I say DL-DL- and more DL!!!
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Jessie Williams, Datone Jones, and best CB avaialble pleeezzz!!!!!!

Yeah...no. Safety trumps the need for a #4 or #5 cornerback. At this point, after the 49ers tendered Brock, I wouldn't be shocked to not see them draft a cornerback until the 4th round or later.

You have Brown, Culliver, Rogers, Cox, Brock. Where does another CB fit?

Meanwhile if Goldson leaves, the 49ers have Whitner, Robinson and Spillman. Its clearly which is the higher priority.

Batta bing
Share 49ersWebzone