LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 313 users in the forums

D-Money's 3 of (a kind) 5 mock draft and offseason- prior to FA!!!

Notable Returns:

Parys Haralson with remaining contract

Manningham with current contract

Goodwin with current contract

Soap- 2 years 3.5 million

Gone:

Dashon Goldson- this time he will get paid in FA

Akers- just go

Walker- he will get paid in FA

RJF- what can I say teams love FA that just played in the SB

Moss- Retire

Ginn- Peace

Notable FAs:

None- I think we wait for more players to be cut or released and go that route again as we should get three more comp picks next year in the same rounds if we don't sign any FAs and with all the picks and talent on this team we don't need to.

Resigns-

Anthony Davis 4 years 38 million 16million signing bonus added to his current contract

Michael Crabtree 6 years 63million 22million signing bonus added to his current contract

Restructure-

Justin Smith add one more year, new deal becomes 2 year 19 million

Cuts- Carlos Rogers, if he doesn't restructure he will be let go as he did not play up to his contract and will probably only be worse next year.

Trade Alex Smith to KC for #34 overall and a 2nd in 2014 if A.S plays more than 85% of team snaps, if not it becomes a 3rd in 2014.

Trade #31, 4th, and our 6th to Indy for #24 overall

Trade #63, 5th(Indy), and both 7ths to Wash for #51 overall

Trade #93 to Houston for a 2nd in 2014

Ideal draft is to emulate Bill Walsh before winning back to back super bowls. Well Walsh traded down, and we already have all the picks without the draft day trades.- Fix the secondary, add a #2 receiver, a pass rusher and other starters to plug in. (DL,K)

1st-#24- Xavier Rhodes-CB, FSU

My favorite corner in the draft. A bigger physical corner with the speed and skills to be a shut down corner. Teams constantly shied away from his side of the field. He is very physical at the line and constantly harassing the wr's on their routes. Him and Culliver make two very good corners for us in the future.

2nd-#34- Jonthan Cyprien S, FIU

This kid should be called balls out!! Cause he is awesome, reminds me a lot of Goldson the way he attacks the line of scrimmage. He is always around the ball and lays the big hit. His hands and coverage also looks solid. He is an immediate starter on our defense, and has pro bowl potential.

2nd-#51- Jesse Williams DL, Ala

In his case the stats do lie. He was the cornerstone of that Alabama defense and their d-line. Every time I watch his tape, I see Justin Smith more and more. A guy who takes on blockers and is a force against the run. Him and Justin Smith will have fun in the weight room. And on the field he will only get better, as he only recently started playing football.He needs to develop more pass rush moves, and we have a great D-Line coach capable of that. He will be the starting nose by the end of the year and can take over for J. Smith when he retires.

3rd- #74 Aaron Dobson WR, Marshall

The most underrated wide receiver in this draft. He reminds me a little of T.O with better hands but not as gifted. He is a bigger and stronger receiver with the ability to make players miss after the catch. He can also make the circus catch as evident by the one of the best receptions I've ever seen in football. He probably played with one of the worst qb's in college football as well. Crabtree (Manningham?, Jenkins?) and Dobson give us plenty of options to use our wideouts throughout the game.

3rd#93-Traded to the Texans for a 2nd next year

3rd#(comp) - TJ McDonald S, USC

I know our coaches like our safeties to be interchangeable and he can play both spots just like Cyprein IMHO. He is of course Tim's son. Yes, I do believe he will fall this far as other safeties have passed him on the board. And yes I do think we get a comp at the end of the third and not the fourth. He will be Hitners replacement next year. He also provides major depth if something were to happen to one of our current safeties.

5th- Quanterous Smith- DE/OLB WKentucky

Lock this pick up. Im sure Harbaugh will take this guy because of his roots to this school. He is also a hell of a pass rusher. He is a classic tweener but the one thing he can do is use his hands to get off the OT and onto the qb.

6th#(Miami)- Dustin Hopkins K FSU- Yes the all time leading scorer in ACC history. This kid has a tremendous leg and this draft would not be complete if he was not on our team. I know I have a couple FSU players but their defense and special teams was superb this year. Hopkins will be a great kicker for us and the need for the position to be filled couldn't be higher.

7th#(comp) JC Tretter OG, Cornell

The niners have been linked to him, as they have many prospects, but there are only few guys this late they have been in contact with. He will get a look in camp. Besides that I don't know much about him.

7th#(comp) Johnny Adams, CB MSU

Don't really know what happened to this kid this year, but he has the size we like at corner and could definitely be worth a look this late in the draft.
Worst Mock Draft Ive seen
I actually like this mock a lot. Your Jesse Williams is the next Justin Smith made me laugh but I do think he has the potential to be a.great NT. Your not resigning Walker yet your picking another safety with the 3rd round pick. That's where the bread and butter is for TE. It would be much better to draft a position of need then to double up on a position. Mcdonald looks like a LB too. We need coverage skills in a safety not a tackler that get caught in play action to much.
Luv tha Rhodes pick he's my favorite CB also not high on cyprien I hate players that show well great workout N jump up way to many rounds ...I've been looking at FS/SS N I tell u its hard to really pick one that doesn't have as many bad hits as he does good things still doin my own mock N ain't found one I luv
Agree with most of your handling of the current roster and the Cyprien, Williams, Q. Smith and Hopkins picks.

I don't think Rhodes will make it past the Bucs at pick #13, especially if they pass on a trade for Revis or sign another free agent. If Goldson goes in free agency and Rogers is cut, I think we need better coverage players than McDonald and a 7th round CB to help our secondary.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Worst Mock Draft Ive seen

You suck

Originally posted by eonblue:
I actually like this mock a lot. Your Jesse Williams is the next Justin Smith made me laugh but I do think he has the potential to be a.great NT. Your not resigning Walker yet your picking another safety with the 3rd round pick. That's where the bread and butter is for TE. It would be much better to draft a position of need then to double up on a position. Mcdonald looks like a LB too. We need coverage skills in a safety not a tackler that get caught in play action to much.

Agree with the TE pick. I just couldn't fit the right one in. I guess I could've got one in the third but decided to trade that pick for 2nd next year.

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Luv tha Rhodes pick he's my favorite CB also not high on cyprien I hate players that show well great workout N jump up way to many rounds ...I've been looking at FS/SS N I tell u its hard to really pick one that doesn't have as many bad hits as he does good things still doin my own mock N ain't found one I luv

Thanks man, but Cyrien is legit and the senior bowl proved that to me watch some of his tape against some of the higher competition he played against, and you should be impressed.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Agree with most of your handling of the current roster and the Cyprien, Williams, Q. Smith and Hopkins picks.

I don't think Rhodes will make it past the Bucs at pick #13, especially if they pass on a trade for Revis or sign another free agent. If Goldson goes in free agency and Rogers is cut, I think we need better coverage players than McDonald and a 7th round CB to help our secondary.

Thanks Brock, I see Tampa there but I think they take Trufant because of his bloodlines and his solid showing during the combine and senior bowl. I believe a defensive backfield of Culliver, Brown, And Rhodes being the top three corners as good enough. Also the depth and quality of safeties in Whitner, McDonald. Cyprien, and Spillman being plenty good. At least it helps with the loss of Goldson as he really is the best safety on the market.
Many good things in your draft. Rhodes could gain some momentum and move up. The secondary would be covered and the DL also. Most of the mocks I've seen on the Zone are quite good, that tells you that it's a pretty good draft from 15 - 50. Could Baalke make a move into the upper reaches of the draft?

with being able to trade for revis or sign sean smith or chris gamble, I doubt they pass on one to draft a CB at 13. One of the three will happen.
Adding Rhodes to Cully, Brown and Rogers and then having Adams in there would be alright for the secondary. Adams used to be the number 1 Cb of the class but got plagued by injuries and other players blew up. Could be this years C.Hayward. We could still get a decent CB w/o trading up tho. I heard McDonald isnt that great in covarage as well, but i think he could be a nice back up. Ideally, I see us signing a FS and TJMac being the back up FS. If we're trading up to 24, its for Vaccaro or Reid tho since its looking like Goldson is gone.
[ Edited by martysofresh on Mar 10, 2013 at 10:01 PM ]
Not sure if Indy would want to trade out
Good mock, I like most of the players you picked. The one thing I would change is the McDonald pick. I like him, but since you pick Cyprien in 2nd I think we should use that for a different position, TE or OL.
[ Edited by niners9 on Mar 11, 2013 at 8:54 AM ]

Originally posted by martysofresh:

with being able to trade for revis or sign sean smith or chris gamble, I doubt they pass on one to draft a CB at 13. One of the three will happen.
Adding Rhodes to Cully, Brown and Rogers and then having Adams in there would be alright for the secondary. Adams used to be the number 1 Cb of the class but got plagued by injuries and other players blew up. Could be this years C.Hayward. We could still get a decent CB w/o trading up tho. I heard McDonald isnt that great in covarage as well, but i think he could be a nice back up. Ideally, I see us signing a FS and TJMac being the back up FS. If we're trading up to 24, its for Vaccaro or Reid tho since its looking like Goldson is gone.

I wouldn't assume that Tampa only needs one CB. They were the best defense against the run and still finished #31 in total defense. They were that bad. Just saying.......
I really think that many on the WZ are hypnotized by the Super Bowl loss. Six defensive players vs. 2 offensive and 1 kicker?
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I really think that many on the WZ are hypnotized by the Super Bowl loss. Six defensive players vs. 2 offensive and 1 kicker?

It wasn't just the SB. Atlanta exposed our secondary as well.
I like this group of players and the idea of drafting heavily in one area always appeals to me. Three DBs in the first 3 rounds may seem a bit much but the secondary has been our Achilles heel for a few years now. Donatell and Fangio have managed to get the most out of our current players, but now is the time to jump up and fix the defensive backfield for years to come.

They have the picks, the secondary is strong in this draft...and Jesse Williams with the second pick would help the line. If they can pick up a couple of FAs (WR, DL) then the world will be rosy!
What a waste of draft picks mock....

The value in this draft is in pick 10-100. It is a very flat draft. Trading up is crazy, teams are begging to trade down because the talent is very much the same across the board.

Two safeties

No one to rush the passer

No TE to replace walker

No developmental qb

Cutting a player in Rogers who will cost us lots of dead money, and then using three draft picks to trade up to grab a cb.... let that sink in. That 4th rounder is so valuable, Toliolo, Schwenke, lots of starting talent can be had at the bottome of round 4.
Share 49ersWebzone