There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

my ideal mock offseason

Looks really good to me IF these prospects fell to where you have them.
Josh Johnson could not make the team last year why would he want to come back and why would they want him back. If they do sign him why would they draft a 4th QB. ether Josh Johnson or the Drafted player would be let go because they would not want to have 4QB.
LOL!!

The most unrealistic draft I've read.This beyong dreaming.

I understand the disclaimer about players falling, and doubtless some may, but every single early round player at the very limit, or beyond, of his drop? Come on!!

EJ Mauel is being talked in some circles as a borderline 1st rounder, and this mock projects him in the 6th?! Just an example of what I'm saying.

Nice try.
Good mock, ej wont fall that far he should go day two or at the latest 3rd round. But i like the guys you got. I expect austinto be gone before our pick but maybe keenan allen falls to us which would be even better imo.
Sign Ed Reed or Charles Woodson? - Are you kidding me? With such a deep pool of safeties in this draft I cannot see us paying high dollar for essentially a one year rental. There are a number of safeties in this draft who can come in and start in my mind.

Cut Manningham? -

Draft Tavon Austin in the 1st - You cannot be serious !! Granted, we need a #2, but we don't need to address that in the first round. We have bigger needs along the D-line, CB, and FS. Aside from the QB and RB, this draft is deep with talent at all positions. I say we get Da'Rick Rogers at the top of the 3rd to address our WR needs.

It's my belief that Johnathan Banks won't get out of the 1st.

I prefer Bacarri Rambo over Phillip Thomas.

Doubt very seriously Brandon Williams get out of the 2nd.
Marcus Lattimor? Not really understanding the logic of this pick at all, especially a RB this high in the draft considering who's on our roster. Cut a productive Manningham due to injuries, but draft Marcus Lattimor, who suffered a graphic knee injury, thus has far more injury concerns than Manningham? "groom him to be Gores replacement" I damn near fell out of my chair when I read that! You must don't like Kendall Hunter, because I was sure that he possessed a firm choke-hold on that title. As far as I'm concerned "Gores replacement" is already on the roster.

I don't see any reason why we draft a QB in this draft. We can pick up Josh Johnson in FA and we'd have a very good young QB corp (C. Kaep, Tolzien, Johnson). Also, mark my words, as time draw nearer to the draft these QB's are gonna rise on draft boards. I have EJ Manuel rated as the 3rd best QB in this draft behind Geno Smith (1) and Tyler Wilson, with Matt Barkley a close 4th. QB's are the most valuable commodity in the NFL. Geno Smith is going in the 1st. I don't see Wilson, Manuel, Barkley, or even Mike Glennon getting out of the mid 3rd.

I honestly think that Tyrann Maththieu will go late 2nd/early 3rd. He is just too talented for a CB starved team to pass on, especially given this pass-happy league. Besides, I don't think he's 49er material.

Hopkins, Harrison, and Washington are all perfect picks I have us drafting them in the 6th and 7th, respectfully.

My thoughts? Give it more thought. Just not realistic.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Mar 10, 2013 at 12:01 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Sign Ed Reed or Charles Woodson? - Are you kidding me? With such a deep pool of safeties in this draft I cannot see us paying high dollar for essentially a one year rental. There are a number of safeties in this draft who can come in and start in my mind.

Cut Manningham? -

Draft Tavon Austin in the 1st - You cannot be serious !! Granted, we need a #2, but we don't need to address that in the first round. We have bigger needs along the D-line, CB, and FS. Aside from the QB and RB, this draft is deep with talent at all positions. I say we get Da'Rick Rogers at the top of the 3rd to address our WR needs.

It's my belief that Johnathan Banks won't get out of the 1st.

I prefer Bacarri Rambo over Phillip Thomas.

Doubt very seriously Brandon Williams get out of the 2nd.
Marcus Lattimor? Not really understanding the logic of this pick at all, especially a RB this high in the draft considering who's on our roster. Cut a productive Manningham due to injuries, but draft Marcus Lattimor, who suffered a graphic knee injury, thus has far more injury concerns than Manningham? "groom him to be Gores replacement" I damn near fell out of my chair when I read that! You must don't like Kendall Hunter, because I was sure that he possessed a firm choke-hold on that title. As far as I'm concerned "Gores replacement" is already on the roster.

I don't see any reason why we draft a QB in this draft. We can pick up Josh Johnson in FA and we'd have a very good young QB corp (C. Kaep, Tolzien, Johnson). Also, mark my words, as time draw nearer to the draft these QB's are gonna rise on draft boards. I have EJ Manuel rated as the 3rd best QB in this draft behind Geno Smith (1) and Tyler Wilson, with Matt Barkley a close 4th. QB's are the most valuable commodity in the NFL. Geno Smith is going in the 1st. I don't see Wilson, Manuel, Barkley, or even Mike Glennon getting out of the mid 3rd.

I honestly think that Tyrann Maththieu will go late 2nd/early 3rd. He is just too talented for a CB starved team to pass on, especially given this pass-happy league. Besides, I don't think he's 49er material.

Hopkins, Harrison, and Washington are all perfect picks I have us drafting them in the 6th and 7th, respectfully.

My thoughts? Give it more thought. Just not realistic.

This isn't my mock, but I think I understand a bit of the logic behind signing Reed or Woodson. They would come a little cheaper than Goldson and would help us out in our Super Bowl run. I am not against playing a rookie or a cheaper veteran FA at FS, especially if we get our pass rush together. I like Mario Manningham, but I think cutting him and doing an injury settlement is to create cap space. I'd prefer to restructure his deal and reduce his cap figure for 2013. He did well with us, can be a solid number 3, and is a proven clutch player.

You could argue that WR is just a big as a need as safety, corner, or defensive line and it is one of the few positions where a guy could come in and be a starter. With that said, there are others I prefer, but if none are available, Tavon Austin is a good pick.

I see no problem in drafting a QB. Last year, Johnson couldn't make it on our roster as a #3. Why bring him back at a higher price than what a rookie QB would be?

I like Marcus Lattimore a lot, but I agree that Hunter probably is capable of carrying the load. We do need a big back and probably can go the UDFA route or wait until the 7th round to pick up a player.