LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

John Boyett S Oregon

Since it looks like Goldson might not be coming back I thought this guy would be a good 2nd safety to target in the draft maybe in round 6 or 7. I'm guessing they will address it early on in the draft and in Free Agency. But they are still a little thin at the position. Since he missed his senior year with injury he will most likely fly under the radar but might be a nice developmental project for down the road. If nothing else he might be a special teams demon. Also a local guy from Napa

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1554958-2013-nfl-draft-why-safety-john-boyett-provides-great-value-in-the-later-rounds
  • bors
  • Veteran
He was defiantly the brawn in the o defense.would be solid for specialty teams as well. Dude wants to play.
He quietly had a nice career at Oregon and was the starting FS until he got hurt. I coach high school football and when we went up there for camp in the summer, the Oregon staff raved about how smart he was and a great leader. Very heads up.....could be that Baalke steal in the draft
It would depend on his health, he had a great career at U of O. Hope he is ready to go.
Barrows with a nice article about Boyett

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/04/49ers-among-teams-to-watch-safety-john-boyetts-day-in-the-sun.html
I like Boyett alot. Wouldnt mind him becoming a niner.
He is a little small? Maybe an UDFA for special teams?
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Not an udfa
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by English:

Not an udfa

He comes into play around rounds 3-5 if I had to guess, and aside from height I dont think he's that small... he benched more than most lineman at 225. While benching isnt everything for a safety, since he couldnt run he made the most of his opportunity to show how dedicated he is via the bench.
According to the Napa Register he ran a 4.57 at his pro day.

He's white.

DON'T WANT
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
He's white.

DON'T WANT

Originally posted by longg67:
According to the Napa Register he ran a 4.57 at his pro day.

Yea 5 months off of two knee surgeries! I know people using a cane 6 months after one knee surgery. He's got a chip on his shoulder, he's driven and he's talented.
Share 49ersWebzone