There are 888 users in the forums
Jamie Collins pass rush OLB at #61 or #74?
- 1 2
Mar 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM
- LieutKaffee
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,988
Hey, I put rush OLB in the late 2nd/early 3rd in my mock. Like the scouting report. Could be a great option.
Mar 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM
- rodgerscomehome
- Veteran
- Posts: 23
Love his measurables but I'm concerned about his lack of instincts. Seems to possess all the athletic ability but he has an inconsistent motor and doesn't fly all over the field like a player with his size and speed should. That being said, to have that much production despite being on one of the worst teams in college football speaks a lot to his natural ability. Certainly an intriguing talent but he has to prove that he can play more to his full capabilities and not be a liability in coverage.
Mar 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM
- LieutKaffee
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,988
Originally posted by rodgerscomehome:
Love his measurables but I'm concerned about his lack of instincts. Seems to possess all the athletic ability but he has an inconsistent motor and doesn't fly all over the field like a player with his size and speed should. That being said, to have that much production despite being on one of the worst teams in college football speaks a lot to his natural ability. Certainly an intriguing talent but he has to prove that he can play more to his full capabilities and not be a liability in coverage.
Liability in coverage might be fine on our team. A Bruce Irvin type would make a nice rotational pass rusher for us.
Mar 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM
- maxsmart
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,798
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:Originally posted by rodgerscomehome:Love his measurables but I'm concerned about his lack of instincts. Seems to possess all the athletic ability but he has an inconsistent motor and doesn't fly all over the field like a player with his size and speed should. That being said, to have that much production despite being on one of the worst teams in college football speaks a lot to his natural ability. Certainly an intriguing talent but he has to prove that he can play more to his full capabilities and not be a liability in coverage.
Liability in coverage might be fine on our team. A Bruce Irvin type would make a nice rotational pass rusher for us.
Was a defensive back, so likely would be decent in coverage.
Mar 7, 2013 at 12:15 AM
- KimChee49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 6
This player is a (stud) athlete. If Baalke uses 31 pick of the first round on Jamie Collins, I would be very please with the decision.
Mar 7, 2013 at 1:51 AM
- maxsmart
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,798
Originally posted by KimChee49er:This player is a (stud) athlete. If Baalke uses 31 pick of the first round on Jamie Collins, I would be very please with the decision.
You're joking? Why pick him at #31 when could probably get him at #61
Mar 7, 2013 at 8:10 AM
- LumpiaJeff
- Veteran
- Posts: 51,513
Originally posted by KimChee49er:
This player is a (stud) athlete. If Baalke uses 31 pick of the first round on Jamie Collins, I would be very please with the decision.
ummm in the 1st?
the guy is considered a 3rd rounder
Mar 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM
- buck
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,137
Originally posted by rodgerscomehome:
Love his measurables but I'm concerned about his lack of instincts. Seems to possess all the athletic ability but he has an inconsistent motor and doesn't fly all over the field like a player with his size and speed should. That being said, to have that much production despite being on one of the worst teams in college football speaks a lot to his natural ability. Certainly an intriguing talent but he has to prove that he can play more to his full capabilities and not be a liability in coverage.
He led Southern Miss in tackles, tackles for loss, and sacks.
He had 10 sacks, 20 tackles for a loss, 5 passes broken up, 4 forced fumbles, 1 blocked kick, and 92 tackles.
In 52 games, he had 21 sacks, 45 tackles for a loss, 10 quarterback hurries, 3 interceptions, 15 passes broken up, 7 forced fumbles, and 2 blocks.
Not sure how he does all that without flying to the ball.
I would be happy, if we take him in the second.
[ Edited by buck on Mar 7, 2013 at 8:46 AM ]
Mar 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM
- Thechad49
- Veteran
- Posts: 165
I love Collins! one of my favorite prospects in this draft! i wouldn't mind taking him with the 34th pick..I think he's better then Bruce Irvin ..an we were very high on taking Irvin last year with our first rounder..so it's a possibility!
Mar 7, 2013 at 9:02 AM
- blm7754
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,785
Sounds like a good pick at 74. I wouldn't use anything higher on a guy that will always be a backup for us.
I think 31 & 34 will be a DL and a CB. 61 will be a WR. OLB at 74... maybe a TE at 93. That'd be a good draft IMO.
I think 31 & 34 will be a DL and a CB. 61 will be a WR. OLB at 74... maybe a TE at 93. That'd be a good draft IMO.
Mar 7, 2013 at 9:08 AM
- LasVegasWally
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,886
GOOD call blm7754!
Pick # 74 is about right on a quality back-up.
Pick # 74 is about right on a quality back-up.
Mar 7, 2013 at 10:07 AM
- VA49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,863
I suspect we will load up on DBs and D linemena and wideouts early. There will be lots of options at these picks and no matter how much we preach "best available" need will have a heavier say in this years draft.
Mar 7, 2013 at 10:15 AM
- Ninerjohn
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,445
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by KimChee49er:
This player is a (stud) athlete. If Baalke uses 31 pick of the first round on Jamie Collins, I would be very please with the decision.
ummm in the 1st?
the guy is considered a 3rd rounder
I think he likely has moved up to the 2nd rd now. But, I agree that he would be a reach in the first.
Mar 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM
- LumpiaJeff
- Veteran
- Posts: 51,513
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by KimChee49er:
This player is a (stud) athlete. If Baalke uses 31 pick of the first round on Jamie Collins, I would be very please with the decision.
ummm in the 1st?
the guy is considered a 3rd rounder
I think he likely has moved up to the 2nd rd now. But, I agree that he would be a reach in the first.
i just think there's so much talent/value in the 2nd round when it comes to the secondary. a lot of safeties and corners could be coming off the board in the 2nd, which might push guys like Collins to the 3rd
- 1 2