Originally posted by 9erred:
Positives- I love the trades to get more picks in the top 60 picks.
Love the kyle Long pick.
Happy that someone thinks like me, need a kicker get the best one early on, so many people have the niners picking one in the 6th or 7th.
1. You have the Niners retaining all of their CB's (including Rogers) which I think will happen. Yet you burn the 31st pick on a cb?? In my humble opinion safety or a 3-4 DE would do better. I am storngly in the camp that a good pass rush helps all db's.
2. You have the team getting a FA DL, re signing RJF and picking Kawann Short at pick 34. It appears they are all the same player??? Isaac Sopoaga is still working out at the Niners facility, I sincerely believe he will sign for a bargain amount. Sopoaga/Williams will be the NT for 2013. They only see the field 35% of snaps anyways. You need a tall explosive 3-4 DL, not someone like Short. Datone Jones, Margus Hunt would be much better options to be cowboys heir apparent.
5. Call me a fool, but I think Harbaugh breaks and finally drafts a stanford player. Levine Tolio over Fauria.
1. Yes it would seem that way, but anything can happen during the Preseason, for instance Rogers may not make the final cut, Perrish Cox is no guaranteed to make the final cut or Tramaine Brock. I think no one is safe especially with the addition of Cason and Banks.
2. Knighton will start in place of Sopoaga while Short rotates in, we play a lot of one-gap so Short should fit in nicely. Short also has pass-rush moves so he would also fit in on Nickel situations. RJF will remain in his previous role.
5. Harbaugh finally did draft a Standford player, see 4th round pick Chase Thomas.
Thanks for the comments everyone. I thought I would take more of a beating then before.