7. Fifth round: Own pick
8. Fifth round: From Indianapolis in trade-back during 2012 draft
9. Sixth round: Own pick
10. Sixth round: From Miami in trade-back during 2012 draft
11. Seventh round: Own pick
12. Seventh round: From Cincinnati for Taylor Mays
13. Seventh round: Likely compensatory selection
14. Seventh round: Likely compensatory selection

I know we won't hold onto all of those picks during the draft, so I will do my best with trades.

Key Free Agent losses and released:

Dashon Goldson, Ted Ginn Jr., Randy Moss, Isaac Sopoaga, Delanie Walker, David Akers, Parys Haralson

Key Free Agent signings:

Antoine Cason, Terrance Knighton, Ricky Jean-Francois (Remains key back up on all D-line positions)

**Traded 74th pick and 93rd pick in the draft to move back into the 2nd round at 44th pick (Carolina)**
**Traded 2 6th rounds and 7th round pick to get back into 5th round with Buffalo**

2013 Mock Draft

1st round - Jonathan Banks - CB Mississippi St. - 6'2" 190 pounds
2nd round - Kawann Short ----- From Kansas City -- NT/DE Purdue - 6'3" 300 pounds
2nd round - Phillip Thomas ---- From Carolina --- S Fresno St. - 6'0" 208 pounds
2nd round - Quiton Patton --- WR Louisiana Tech - 6'0" 205 pounds
3rd round - Kyle Long ----- Comp pick --- OT Oregon - 6'7" 311 pounds
4th round - Chase Thomas - OLB Standford - 6'4" 250 pounds
5th round - Dustin Hopkins - From Buffalo - K Florida St. - 6'2" 190 pounds
5th round - Jared Smith - DE New Hampshire - 6'3" 292
5th round - Joseph Fauria - TE UCLA - 6'7" 255 pounds
7th round - Colby Cameron - From Cincy - QB Louisiana Tech - 6'2" 212 pounds
7th round - Conner Vernon - WR Duke - 6'2" 200 pounds
7th round - Mike James - RB Miami - 5'11" 222 pounds
Nice draft I'd like x.Rhodes more then banks N luv tha fauria pick dude is a TD machine just think we'll have to grab him in tha 4th round. N finely someone like me who thinks Hopkins will have to be gotten earlier then tha 7th round lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Nice draft I'd like x.Rhodes more then banks N luv tha fauria pick dude is a TD machine just think we'll have to grab him in tha 4th round. N finely someone like me who thinks Hopkins will have to be gotten earlier then tha 7th round lol

I think Rhodes goes in the 20's of the 1st round, he looked good at the Combine which puts me in real doubt that he will fall to the 31st pick.
nice mock Kolohe. a DL rotation of Justin, Ray, Knighton, RJF, Short would be nice.
Yea we can only hope lol I have Logan Ryan as my 2nd favorite CB ..
Had to read up on your FAs but they sound like nice bargain fits. I hope the 49ers take that approach rather than going after big names.

Not sure why so many people get rid of Delanie in their mocks. No team is going to pay someone with his hands to be a #1 TE or even a #2 TE if the role requires much pass catching. He was more than enough value on our team to justify another contract.

I wouldn't even mind if we draft a tall TE as you suggest and just stop thinking of Walker as a TE on our depth chart. He's an H back and core STer.
repeat
[ Edited by LieutKaffee on Mar 6, 2013 at 1:29 AM ]
Good mock draft, like your second round pick,Quiton Patton, hell of a productive WR in college.

But I think the 49ers will draft heavy on DL, and use their first couple of picks to focus on that area of need.

First Round Pick (31) Margus Hunt, SMU, 3-4/DE
Second Round Pick (34) Jesse Williams, Alabama, 3-4/NT
(61) Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech, WR
Third Round Pick (74) Shawn Williams, George, S
(93) Tyrann Mathieu, LSU, CB
Fourth Round Pick (125) Quanterus Smith, WKU, 3-4/OLB
Fifth Round Pick (150) Montori Hughes, Tennessee-Martin, DT
(157) Levine Toilolo, Stanford, TE
Sixth Round Pick (170) Calib Sturgis, Florida, PK
(189) Matt Schott, Arizona, QB
Originally posted by KimChee49er:
Good mock draft, like your second round pick,Quiton Patton, hell of a productive WR in college.

But I think the 49ers will draft heavy on DL, and use their first couple of picks to focus on that area of need.

First Round Pick (31) Margus Hunt, SMU, 3-4/DE
Second Round Pick (34) Jesse Williams, Alabama, 3-4/NT
(61) Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech, WR
Third Round Pick (74) Shawn Williams, George, S
(93) Tyrann Mathieu, LSU, CB
Fourth Round Pick (125) Quanterus Smith, WKU, 3-4/OLB
Fifth Round Pick (150) Montori Hughes, Tennessee-Martin, DT
(157) Levine Toilolo, Stanford, TE
Sixth Round Pick (170) Calib Sturgis, Florida, PK
(189) Matt Schott, Arizona, QB

Plz no not a draft like this hunts overrated N old mathieu a head case N a shrimp ...
I know it's impossible to predict but this mock seems very realistic. My only addition would be Hunt or Williams early on.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I know it's impossible to predict but this mock seems very realistic. My only addition would be Hunt or Williams early on.

Why are ppl so high on hunt he'll be a 26 yr old rookie N in 5-6 yrz we'll have to replace him that's if he works out
Positives- I love the trades to get more picks in the top 60 picks.

Love the kyle Long pick.

Happy that someone thinks like me, need a kicker get the best one early on, so many people have the niners picking one in the 6th or 7th.

Negatives
1. You have the Niners retaining all of their CB's (including Rogers) which I think will happen. Yet you burn the 31st pick on a cb?? In my humble opinion safety or a 3-4 DE would do better. I am storngly in the camp that a good pass rush helps all db's.

2. You have the team getting a FA DL, re signing RJF and picking Kawann Short at pick 34. It appears they are all the same player??? Isaac Sopoaga is still working out at the Niners facility, I sincerely believe he will sign for a bargain amount. Sopoaga/Williams will be the NT for 2013. They only see the field 35% of snaps anyways. You need a tall explosive 3-4 DL, not someone like Short. Datone Jones, Margus Hunt would be much better options to be cowboys heir apparent.

5. Call me a fool, but I think Harbaugh breaks and finally drafts a stanford player. Levine Tolio over Fauria.
I would be really upset with this draft...

because I would ruin a nice pair of boxers s**tting myself joyously.
We need this Draft to be a 1986esque type of draft where we come out of it with atleast 5 Future Starters and 6 Quality Depth Players. No more of this Project type players. They need to draft players that they know can most likely make the Roster.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Why are ppl so high on hunt he'll be a 26 yr old rookie N in 5-6 yrz we'll have to replace him that's if he works out

He is like Calais Cambell, a tall beast that can block kicks. He blocked 17 kics in college, one short of a NCAA record. They call him the eastern block. Did you watch him at the combine and interviews?? He knows you need to practice to be the best (he was a world class discus thrower, which is explosion similar to DL.

The day b4 the combine drills, he went to Lucas oil stadium and asked a security guard if he could practice on the field to get used to the turf. the security guard let him and he practiced all of his drills. GM's and coaches love that.

When he was being interviewed the commentators where gushing over his film, he instead was humble and pointed out what he needs to improve upon.

We got Cowboy when he was 28?? Getting hunt at 26 years old is no big deal. Plus he does not have the years of football wear and tear from playing as a yought.
Share 49ersWebzone