There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Another day another mock. Come at me

Resign: RJF and Walker

Let Go: Sop, Goldson, Ted Ginn

FA: Richard Seymour, Cary Williams

1 - Jonathan Hankins NT - He's quick, he's powerful, he's big. Collapses pockets, brilliant against the run which we struggled on last season, also can require double teams which free's up the rest of the line. Huge upgrade on Sop

2a - Zachary Ertz TE - Redzone, Redzone Redzone. With Ertz we'd have the biggest mismatch of Tight Ends in football. Nobody would be able to deal with us on offense, Davis, Ertz and Walker. I'd keep Walker because he's useful as he's a utility man can play as receiver, fullback, tight end etc. If the salary cap is maxed then by all means he'd have to be cut him but these three could be our goldmine

2b - Da'Rick Rodgers WR - Tall wide receiver, who will do well with YAC. Tough to bring down and has a huge upside. Would be a 1st rounder if not for off field problems but we're willing to take a gamble as we have already got a TE and we're aiming for a 2nd receiver later on.

3a - Baccari Rambo FS (predicting that Phillip Thomas has already gone)
Ok, yes I would prefer Thomas and I would prefer if Goldson stayed but s**t happens. Rambo is a solid enough FS with huge upside, as long as our D-Line and pass rush steps up the secondary should perform much better.

3b Trade for 3rd next year and 4th this year
Don't need this one, lets get an extra pick next year, add a 7th rounder and see if we can manage a 2 to a short term thinking team.

4a - William Gholston DE
I think at this point he'll be best player available. He doesn't need to be an immediate starter but can come in on certain plays and Tomsula could probably make this guy an absolute beast in the NFL.

4b - Ace Saunders WR
Saunders is a a very fast small deep threat who'll gain plenty of space in the backfield. His acceleration is phenomenal. This is kind of a nice little present for Kap.
Also plays as a punt returner so we've replaced Ginn as well.

4c - Marcus Lattimore - RB
If he recovers well enough from his injury then he's Gores replacement for the next 6/7 years. Upside is tremendous as is with most before him. He'll be on IR for a year so he can get a lot of work done in the classroom.

5 - Cornelius Washington - DE
Very good choice for depth on D-Line. He's got 34" arms and is very good at extending blockers. Long term project ideally and if Gholston doesn't make it we have drafted a backup that could.

5b - Dustin Hopkins - K
Akers was atrocious, this is best kicker on the board.

6a - Nickel Robey - CB
Physical corner that adds to depth to much needed secondary. However he short at 5'7 he makes up for it in hard hits. Can help out on Special teams and get that back to where it should be.

6b - Earl Wolffe - SS
Solid safety, another who hits very hard and is a physical specimen. Again more depth to the secondary and special teams player.

7a - Rashard Hall - FS
Good tackler but again add to special teams and get that improved as best we can.

7b - Traded as part of 3a

7c - Travis Long OLB
Could end up on PS otherwise I'm happy trading this pick as well for next year

I mean just think about our Offense setup and trying to defend against it. Crabtree, Davis, Ertz and Rogers with Gore and Kap in the running game. Then just put Sanders in for the extra deep threat if and when needed. It's freakin scary.
[ Edited by smithc28 on Mar 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM ]
Solid draft, i like seymour. I would rather have sean smith then williams . Also give me robert woods over rogers. But very good ideas here.
F*** Cary Williams
Originally posted by Travisty13:
F*** Cary Williams

This
F*** Cary Williams

This.....don't want that f**king cockroach on this team.
I could get behind this draft, but would take Robert Alford over Rambo if he were to fall to that spot. would probably be gone though, then i would take a S later.

I still think CB and S are two of the biggest needs.

NT, S, CB, WR...Those are the 4 huge needs and places where the team can ugrade almost immediately IMO.
A lot of safeties but I like the Hankins and Gholston picks.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
F*** Cary Williams

This.....don't want that f**king cockroach on this team.

I support this pickup, only so he can be regularly beaten by fans around the town.

Also, Ace is not a deep threat.
I rather take a CB with our 2nd pick instead of a TE. Especially if walker is resigned
LOVE this draft at the top. A few changes.

use the 3rd round pick on lattimore. He will be gone by the 4th round, re shirt him and boom he is gores heir apparent.

You need to use a 4th round pick on a swing tackle, someone to back up both LT and RT and to develop.

NO WAY you re sign Delanie Walker AND draft ERTZ at #34.
Love the mock but I would of used the 3rd you traded on a CB.
I didn't realize we need to add Hankins because we "struggled in the run" Wow.

And no to Ertz. He is basically a possesion reciever. He is an awful blocker. Pitiful actually. No thanks.

As for trading picks for next year...we have a 3, maybe 2 from KC and a 7 from Car for Colin Jones. Throw in two or three comp picks, probably at least a 3 for Goldson and a 4th for Walker and then some when all our free agents bolt and we wont be needing anymore picks for next year either!
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

And no to Ertz. He is basically a possesion reciever. He is an awful blocker. Pitiful actually. No thanks.

As for trading picks for next year...we have a 3, maybe 2 from KC and a 7 from Car for Colin Jones. Throw in two or three comp picks, probably at least a 3 for Goldson and a 4th for Walker and then some when all our free agents bolt and we wont be needing anymore picks for next year either!
In our losses against Minnesota, NYG, STL and Seattle they had over 30 rushing attempts and over 100 yards. 2 of those teams are in our division and 2 of those teams are a threat against us in the playoffs. We aren't the dominant run defense we were 2 years ago.

Also the first 3 losses our D was healthy. I like Hankins, he's immovable when he's fresh and focused.
[ Edited by FunkNinerFlex on Mar 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

We did struggle in areas against the run, especially against physical downhill runners. We got exploited in several games big runners going downhill on us. It was not the same run D performance as 2011/12.

NT is probably the number one possition of need. Its hard to aquire a guy that can make a huge differance right away at NT in the later rounds.

The problem i have with Hankins in this draft, is he is not going to be there when we pick IMO.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
We did struggle in areas against the run, especially against physical downhill runners. We got exploited in several games big runners going downhill on us. It was not the same run D performance as 2011/12.

NT is probably the number one possition of need. Its hard to aquire a guy that can make a huge differance right away at NT in the later rounds.

The problem i have with Hankins in this draft, is he is not going to be there when we pick IMO.

I have seen more and more mocks where Hankins slips, but I agree that he shouldn't. I value him much more than Jesse Williams and Margus Hunt for instance. Hankins at 31 would completely make my draft.