LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

After much trolling: the 1st ESWYoung08 Mock Draft

Re-sign: Goldson, Grant, Sopoaga
Cut: Haralson, Akers, and Manningham (Players not worth their pay for this year)...Goodwin/Whitner depending on training camp.
Traded: Alex Smith

If we keep our picks this is who I'd like to draft at each spot with their NFL scouting grade:
1.Jesse Williams NT (85.5)- Reminds me of Sopoaga 2011, could prove good in rotation
2a. DJ Swearinger SS (81.4)- You may be thinking reach, but I'm thinking Dashon Goldson and DJ Swearinger creating the scariest backfield in recent times. He can compete with Whitner in camp, also he comes from a major conference unlike Cyprien, and will likely be around unlike Elam.
2b. DaRick Rogers WR (74.4)- A faster version of Anquan Boldin...
3a. Brian Schwenke C (71)- Young versatile center who can battle with Goodwin or provide depth.
3b. Marcus Lattimore RB (74.9)- Gore's replacement and with a year of rehab could dominate upon return.
3c. Bennie Logan DT (78.7)- Replace RJF, if we get this comp pick he would provide amazing depth to keep our D Line fresh.
4. Matt Scott QB (55.4)- Backup QB with experience in Option Offense.
5a. Dion Sims TE (67)- Lineman size, Tight end hands
5b. Dustin Hopkins K (69.5)- Replacement for Akers
6a. Marquess Wilson WR (67.3)- WR depth
6a. Roderick Sweeting CB (65.2)- Corner depth
7b. Marcus Davis WR (63.8)- Physical freak worth a flier
7b. Eric Herman OT (51)- O Line Depth
7th round- BPA/Use in trades.

Let me know what you guys think!
Pretty good. I'd be happy with that.
Me likey. I really hope we get lattimore. If he gets fully healthy, he could be Adrian Peterson good!
Not a bad mock
not a bad offseason, I would like it a lot. Except Manningham, we keep him, we have no depth at WR if Moss isn't back. And he can be worthy when healthy.
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
Re-sign: Goldson, Grant, Sopoaga
Cut: Haralson, Akers, and Manningham (Players not worth their pay for this year)...Goodwin/Whitner depending on training camp.
Traded: Alex Smith

If we keep our picks this is who I'd like to draft at each spot with their NFL scouting grade:
1.Jesse Williams NT (85.5)- Reminds me of Sopoaga 2011, could prove good in rotation
2a. DJ Swearinger SS (81.4)- You may be thinking reach, but I'm thinking Dashon Goldson and DJ Swearinger creating the scariest backfield in recent times. He can compete with Whitner in camp, also he comes from a major conference unlike Cyprien, and will likely be around unlike Elam.
2b. DaRick Rogers WR (74.4)- A faster version of Anquan Boldin...
3a. Brian Schwenke C (71)- Young versatile center who can battle with Goodwin or provide depth.
3b. Marcus Lattimore RB (74.9)- Gore's replacement and with a year of rehab could dominate upon return.
3c. Bennie Logan DT (78.7)- Replace RJF, if we get this comp pick he would provide amazing depth to keep our D Line fresh.
4. Matt Scott QB (55.4)- Backup QB with experience in Option Offense.
5a. Dion Sims TE (67)- Lineman size, Tight end hands
5b. Dustin Hopkins K (69.5)- Replacement for Akers
6a. Marquess Wilson WR (67.3)- WR depth
6a. Roderick Sweeting CB (65.2)- Corner depth
7b. Marcus Davis WR (63.8)- Physical freak worth a flier
7b. Eric Herman OT (51)- O Line Depth
7th round- BPA/Use in trades.

Let me know what you guys think!

This draft doesn't cover the depth at the OLB position that's already weak with Haralson being cut. Do you believe that Fleming and Johnson can step in and fill this position, or do you think the Niners address the position in free agency?
[ Edited by AZ_9ers on Mar 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM ]
DaRick @ pick 61 I'm thinking that is pretty high for that cat???
Originally posted by FastEddyD:

Not at all. He's got 1st round talent but had some character concerns. I still think his range is late 2nd to mid 3rd.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by FastEddyD:

Not at all. He's got 1st round talent but had some character concerns. I still think his range is late 2nd to mid 3rd.

I agree with phoenix. he is perfect for taking on Sherman or browner
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

This. If we can't beat that secondary were going to have problems.

Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

This. If we can't beat that secondary were going to have problems.

niners receiver have struggled vs seahawks corners physical coverage==rogers is physically strong and could counter that
A nice mock, the top three could see substantial playing time.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like your DaRick pick. Rest looks good.
I like you mock but I think we definitely have to take a CB earlier than the 6th round
I like this mock a lot.

The only thing I take issue with is the Lattimore-AD comparison. Lattimore and Peterson don't really have similar styles. Lattimore is strictly a between-the-tackles back with great vision and one-cut ability. Peterson is far more explosive with way more of a home-run dimension.

Lattimore, even with the injuries, is a little overhyped in my opinion. Averaged under 5 ypc at South Carolina for his career. Eddie Lacy, for comparison's sake, averaged about 7 for his career. Obviously a lot of that has to do with their respective offensive lines, but I just don't see much big play ability from Lattimore.

All that said, I think Lattimore will be a very solid NFL back, despite the injuries, and I'm down to take him in the late 3rd. I just don't think he's the game changing player that people think he is at the next level.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Mar 3, 2013 at 6:08 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone