There are 597 users in the forums
Pre-Free Agency Mock Draft
Mar 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM
- SFrush
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,422
That's a really good mock. Great job.
Mar 2, 2013 at 6:06 PM
- OtisDriftwood
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,146
if we sign richard seymour or jenkins, id be totally down for this draft. Id perfer xavier rhodes over banks but if hes gone yeah.. Solid!
[ Edited by OtisDriftwood on Mar 2, 2013 at 6:07 PM ]
Mar 2, 2013 at 6:16 PM
- eonblue
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,852
I like the Jesse Williams pick. I really hope we get him and get to develop him into a DE/NT . We need that versatility and hes a very raw player. Hes only been playing for a couple of years. He came from aussie and was a rugby player. I really carradine. I don't agree with him being DE because hes a brutal edge rusher. You want to isolate this guy on the tackle and let him go to work. I'm glad you draft a center instead of trusting Kilgore can go do the job. Plus you can never havr enough linemen. I don't like the fact you draft to SS. Lester and McDonald are awful cover.guys IMO. Buchanan will not make it to the 7th rd either. Dudes ranked top 5 OLB by mayock and ive been scouting him for months. Good mock sir.
[ Edited by eonblue on Mar 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM ]
Mar 2, 2013 at 6:23 PM
- 49ersGiants7
- Veteran
- Posts: 862
Carradine will be a 1st rounder if teams like what they see medically. He apparently will be ready for his pro day.
Mar 2, 2013 at 6:43 PM
- rafachivas12
- Veteran
- Posts: 64
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Carradine will be a 1st rounder if teams like what they see medically. He apparently will be ready for his pro day.
Yea i know he is a high talent then what i have him but if he doesn't prove himself at his pro day it could be good for the 49ers.
[ Edited by rafachivas12 on Mar 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM ]
Mar 2, 2013 at 6:46 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,394
Carradine is a borderline first rounder right now.
TJ McDonald is not a FS at the next level, his coverage skills are weak, plays stiff, yes he can hit, but so can Whitner and people want to get rid of him.
I'm not a believer in Hunter, too much of a body catcher, minimal threat to get yards after the catch, goes down like a sack of potatoes when he's hit.
TJ McDonald is not a FS at the next level, his coverage skills are weak, plays stiff, yes he can hit, but so can Whitner and people want to get rid of him.
I'm not a believer in Hunter, too much of a body catcher, minimal threat to get yards after the catch, goes down like a sack of potatoes when he's hit.
Mar 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM
- suckafree17
- Veteran
- Posts: 475
nice mock. Not sure TJ will be there that late. But you never know
Mar 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM
- HearstFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,718
Can you add Height / Weight stats to your guys on this list?
Mar 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM
- eonblue
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,852
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:Carradine is a borderline first rounder right now.
TJ McDonald is not a FS at the next level, his coverage skills are weak, plays stiff, yes he can hit, but so can Whitner and people want to get rid of him.
I'm not a believer in Hunter, too much of a body catcher, minimal threat to get yards after the catch, goes down like a sack of potatoes when he's hit.
I agree on Hunter. He's an awful body catcher. You simply can't.trust someone like that to high point and make a play. From all the tape I watched.he was great after.the catch though.
We don't need another hard hitting safety either. I would think Whitners coverage blunders would show people we need a ball hawking deep fielder.
[ Edited by eonblue on Mar 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM ]
Mar 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM
- blm7754
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,785
Wow, this is the best mock draft I've seen anywhere on this forum. Great job!
I would prefer Da'Rick Rogers (WR) in place of Justin Hunter. Hunter is faster, but not very physical... and a little raw. Rogers is a better all around WR that is more NFL ready.
I'd also prefer Desmond Trufant over Banks.... but I'd be happy with either in the 1st. Great mock!
I would prefer Da'Rick Rogers (WR) in place of Justin Hunter. Hunter is faster, but not very physical... and a little raw. Rogers is a better all around WR that is more NFL ready.
I'd also prefer Desmond Trufant over Banks.... but I'd be happy with either in the 1st. Great mock!
[ Edited by blm7754 on Mar 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM ]
Mar 2, 2013 at 8:12 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,394
Also...I can't believe I missed this.
Why the heck would anyone take Braxston Cave?
This guy should be an undrafted free agent realistically, he was terrible during the season, awful in the offseason....awful at the Combine....anyone selecting Cave I'm thinking is just pulling random names out of Lindy's Draft Guide.
Why the heck would anyone take Braxston Cave?
This guy should be an undrafted free agent realistically, he was terrible during the season, awful in the offseason....awful at the Combine....anyone selecting Cave I'm thinking is just pulling random names out of Lindy's Draft Guide.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 2, 2013 at 8:14 PM ]
Mar 2, 2013 at 8:18 PM
- rafachivas12
- Veteran
- Posts: 64
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Also...I can't believe I missed this.
Why the heck would anyone take Braxston Cave?
This guy should be an undrafted free agent realistically, he was terrible during the season, awful in the offseason....awful at the Combine....anyone selecting Cave I'm thinking is just pulling random names out of Lindy's Draft Guide.
Yea be the one to critique a mock draft and point out the bad when your mock draft isn't good at all.
Mar 2, 2013 at 8:45 PM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,394
Originally posted by rafachivas12:
Yea be the one to critique a mock draft and point out the bad when your mock draft isn't good at all.
Cave is an awful player, not sure if you just picked a center at random because you thought it was a need, but he's been steadily going downhill from last season into the offseason.
Mar 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM
- fan49
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,293
Love the tj pick. My favorite safety. Make him as and gold son FRS. Good tandem