LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 396 users in the forums

Pre-Free Agency Mock Draft

1.31 Jonathan Banks,CB, Miss st

6'2" 185 lbs 36" vertical 4.5 40

We start at the secondary were we pick a Big, Physical corner. He can mold into a Shutdown corner. He had a stronger Jr year.

2.34 Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama

6'3" 323 lbs 4.9 40
Next we pick my favorite DT in the draft and he can start right away. He has been playing grown man football in the SEC.

2.61 Da' Rick Rogers,WR, Tennessee

6'3" 217 lbs 4.5 40 40" vertical

I made this change because I do see that the comments about Hunter is true. Also Rogers is a better receiver just not as fast. He can be our deep threat to help Crabtree out.

3.74 Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida st

6'4" 280 lbs 4.75 40

Now back to the defense. I don't feel we need to find the Justin Smith replacement for 2 years so we pick a good DE that can mold into a better DE. He also has good speed for a guy his size.

3.93 Travis Kelce,TE,Cincy

6'5" 255 lbs 4.65 40 35" vertical

This is a pick just in case we don't resign Walker. He is big and has good hands he could be inserted to a two tight end set.

4.125 T.J. McDonald,FS,USC

6'3" 219 lbs 4.6 40 40" vertical

At free safety we pick my favorite Safety in the draft T.J. McDonald. He is big and he plays very physical. In college he was infamous for his hits.

5.150 Dustin Hopkins,K, Florida St.

5.157 Robert Lester,SS, Alabama

6'1" 220 lbs 4.6 40 34" vertical
At SS we pick another Alabama kid who is much better than what he is given credit for. He does cover better and doesn't allow much catches while he is on the field.

6.170 Reid Fragel,OT,Ohio St.

6'8" 308 lbs 5.10 40 30" vertical
We need to add depth to ROT and i feel this guy just like Alex Boone is a over looked O-linemen.

6.189 A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa st.

6'1" 250 lbs 4.66 40
Depth needed at ILB because im sure we will lose Grant to free agency. So we need a good overseen ILB and this guy would fit in and play great in special teams.

7.211 Marquess Wilson,Wr, Wash st.

6'3" 195 lbs 4.5 40 35" vertical
Wilson is a Big, Physical, and has good hands. I do not feel he will fall past the fifth but he is ranked this low so why not pick him up.

7.223 Michael Buchanan, DE/OLB, Illinois

6'5" 255 lbs 4.8 40 33" vertical

He is a tall big OLB he has good speed and would add depth to the team and be competition to make it onto the final roster.
[ Edited by rafachivas12 on Mar 2, 2013 at 8:21 PM ]
That's a really good mock. Great job.
if we sign richard seymour or jenkins, id be totally down for this draft. Id perfer xavier rhodes over banks but if hes gone yeah.. Solid!
[ Edited by OtisDriftwood on Mar 2, 2013 at 6:07 PM ]
I like the Jesse Williams pick. I really hope we get him and get to develop him into a DE/NT . We need that versatility and hes a very raw player. Hes only been playing for a couple of years. He came from aussie and was a rugby player. I really carradine. I don't agree with him being DE because hes a brutal edge rusher. You want to isolate this guy on the tackle and let him go to work. I'm glad you draft a center instead of trusting Kilgore can go do the job. Plus you can never havr enough linemen. I don't like the fact you draft to SS. Lester and McDonald are awful cover.guys IMO. Buchanan will not make it to the 7th rd either. Dudes ranked top 5 OLB by mayock and ive been scouting him for months. Good mock sir.
[ Edited by eonblue on Mar 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM ]
Carradine will be a 1st rounder if teams like what they see medically. He apparently will be ready for his pro day.
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Carradine will be a 1st rounder if teams like what they see medically. He apparently will be ready for his pro day.

Yea i know he is a high talent then what i have him but if he doesn't prove himself at his pro day it could be good for the 49ers.
[ Edited by rafachivas12 on Mar 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM ]
Carradine is a borderline first rounder right now.

TJ McDonald is not a FS at the next level, his coverage skills are weak, plays stiff, yes he can hit, but so can Whitner and people want to get rid of him.

I'm not a believer in Hunter, too much of a body catcher, minimal threat to get yards after the catch, goes down like a sack of potatoes when he's hit.
nice mock. Not sure TJ will be there that late. But you never know
Can you add Height / Weight stats to your guys on this list?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Carradine is a borderline first rounder right now.

TJ McDonald is not a FS at the next level, his coverage skills are weak, plays stiff, yes he can hit, but so can Whitner and people want to get rid of him.

I'm not a believer in Hunter, too much of a body catcher, minimal threat to get yards after the catch, goes down like a sack of potatoes when he's hit.

I agree on Hunter. He's an awful body catcher. You simply can't.trust someone like that to high point and make a play. From all the tape I watched.he was great after.the catch though.

We don't need another hard hitting safety either. I would think Whitners coverage blunders would show people we need a ball hawking deep fielder.
[ Edited by eonblue on Mar 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM ]

Wow, this is the best mock draft I've seen anywhere on this forum. Great job!

I would prefer Da'Rick Rogers (WR) in place of Justin Hunter. Hunter is faster, but not very physical... and a little raw. Rogers is a better all around WR that is more NFL ready.

I'd also prefer Desmond Trufant over Banks.... but I'd be happy with either in the 1st. Great mock!
[ Edited by blm7754 on Mar 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM ]
Also...I can't believe I missed this.

Why the heck would anyone take Braxston Cave?

This guy should be an undrafted free agent realistically, he was terrible during the season, awful in the offseason....awful at the Combine....anyone selecting Cave I'm thinking is just pulling random names out of Lindy's Draft Guide.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 2, 2013 at 8:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Also...I can't believe I missed this.

Why the heck would anyone take Braxston Cave?

This guy should be an undrafted free agent realistically, he was terrible during the season, awful in the offseason....awful at the Combine....anyone selecting Cave I'm thinking is just pulling random names out of Lindy's Draft Guide.

Yea be the one to critique a mock draft and point out the bad when your mock draft isn't good at all.
Originally posted by rafachivas12:
Yea be the one to critique a mock draft and point out the bad when your mock draft isn't good at all.

Cave is an awful player, not sure if you just picked a center at random because you thought it was a need, but he's been steadily going downhill from last season into the offseason.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Love the tj pick. My favorite safety. Make him as and gold son FRS. Good tandem
Share 49ersWebzone