There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ideal wet dream for our draft (updated)

Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
That would work. Like the early emphasis on the d line. I would go another route at QB. Marqueis Gray or Jordan Rodgers would be my preference.
Gray would make a better WR imo. And Rodgers is trash. Klein is trash too though.

yeah well im expecting Josh Johnson to be our #2 QB next year. So Klein would be PS
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
gonna wait to see what we do in free agency with our own guys first.

i know I cant wait, love our team <3
Moss isn't returning so you assumed wrong on your mock. And only a 6th round WR. May want to add a WR earlier. We are pretty thin at WR.
Need a safety bad
Originally posted by smithc28:
Nobody else thinking using our first pick on a backup for Justin Smith is a bit of waste.

Would rather we picked someone who is an immediate upgrade on the position e.g WR or TE

No. Nobody is thinking that. J Smith has needed a solid backup and future replacement for awhile now. This team needs at least 2, probably 3 younger, high quality D Linemen right now...and had they drafted for DL depth in last year's draft, they probably would have won the SB this year.

As much as I think Baalke is a terrific GM, two of the biggest Niner weaknesses of 2011 were the lack of a legitimate red zone threat (came back to bite them this year) and lack of depth on the D-line, forcing the starters to play virtually every snap, wearing them down by the end of the season, and thereby weakening the late season pass rush (and as a result, the entire defense).

Memo to Niners this year...shore up those weaknesses!
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
No. Nobody is thinking that. J Smith has needed a solid backup and future replacement for awhile now. This team needs at least 2, probably 3 younger, high quality D Linemen right now...and had they drafted for DL depth in last year's draft, they probably would have won the SB this year.

As much as I think Baalke is a terrific GM, two of the biggest Niner weaknesses of 2011 were the lack of a legitimate red zone threat (came back to bite them this year) and lack of depth on the D-line, forcing the starters to play virtually every snap, wearing them down by the end of the season, and thereby weakening the late season pass rush (and as a result, the entire defense).

Memo to Niners this year...shore up those weaknesses!

Wow are you serious right now?

Where are these 2-3 quality dlinemen you speak of?

I'd like to see you name 3 prospects that will be available 31,34, and 63 that WONT get pushed off the line and will generate pressure.

This team needs ONE developmental prospect and ONE veteran that can come in and take snaps off of Mcdonald and Smiths hands. The team DOESNT need a log jam of young DE. The pass rush is NOT going to improve because you throw in some rookies to rotate. Its going to suffer. Olines are going to single block the rookie, double team the rush, and after the QB has all day to throw for a TD were going to scrap that bright idea.

This team absolutely did not lose the Super Bowl because they didn't draft DL depth. They had a month to rest and prepare. If fatigue from lack of rotation was going to show it would've been at the end of 3rd BUT we were losing by 21 by the end of the 1st qtr.

We need OFFENSIVE production in the form of a WR or TE. The team needs production not a rookie that is going to take 2-3 years to develop. Do you honestly think Harbuagh is going to put in a rookie DE? 3-4 dlinemen are one the most demanding positions in football and Harbaugh is a perfectionist. Not going to happen. I'm all for drafting rotation and grooming prospects but we need PRODUCTION right now while the window is wide open. We need more targets for Kaep plan and simple.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Moss isn't returning so you assumed wrong on your mock. And only a 6th round WR. May want to add a WR earlier. We are pretty thin at WR.

relax broseph, Zach Ertz is a huge target at 6'6 and would give us many options for passing the ball.
31: Jesse Williams, NT
34: Jonathan Cyprien, S
61: Robert Alford, CB
3rd: Aaron Dobson, WR
3rd: Nick Kasa, TE
4th: Brian Schwenke, C
4th: Cornellius Carradine, DE
5th: Stansly Maponga, OLB
6th: Brad Sorensen, QB
6th: Brian Winters, OG
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
31: Jesse Williams, NT
34: Jonathan Cyprien, S
61: Robert Alford, CB
3rd: Aaron Dobson, WR
3rd: Nick Kasa, TE
4th: Brian Schwenke, C
4th: Cornellius Carradine, DE
5th: Stansly Maponga, OLB
6th: Brad Sorensen, QB
6th: Brian Winters, OG
i do not know anything about college football but i do know we need a kicker and maybe another pass rusher. in your mock. can any of those guys you picked return punts?
Originally posted by cciowa:
i do not know anything about college football but i do know we need a kicker and maybe another pass rusher. in your mock. can any of those guys you picked return punts?

Robert Alford.

Just threw something together for fun
I think this is ideal if Goldson stays, if he walks, then I think or I know a safety should be had with pick 31 or 34. I love Ertz, but safety and 3-4 DL need to be had at picks 31 and 34.

Levine Toliolo, Sims, other TE's who can be had in rounds 4 or beyond.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Robert Alford.

Just threw something together for fun
please do not misunderstand me,, I was not being critical because i know nothing about college football (hell i thought we should have drafted ricki stanzi and mavin mcnutt of iowa ). i was just thinking it would be a good idea to slip a kicker in there somewhere and maybe another defensive lineman. i am glad one of those guys can do punts. I think that is a real need this year as we are ok in kick returns with hunter and james. i am amazed at how people like you can do these mock drafts. takes alot of research
Safety has become a huge priority (sadly) because we are losing Goldson.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
i know it may be illogical but after what i saw this year, i would not mind seeing whitner take a hike
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
i know it may be illogical but after what i saw this year, i would not mind seeing whitner take a hike

I would rather lose Whitner and free up some more cap room. Keep Goldson and add a rookie.