LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Alex Okafor, OLB

He's 6'4 weighs 265 has 33 1/2in arm with 10in hands. His stock has taken a slight fall as he was projected mid 1st round and is now projected mid 2nd. He didn't perform at the combine because he wanted to fully heal from an injury but he will do all the drills at his pro day. There has been speculation that last year Baalke wanted to pick up Bruce Irvin and have a rotation of pass rushers so maybe his eye is on one this year too.

Pay attention to how much Okafor plays standing up. The nickle formation is essentially the same as our nickle formation. I have no doubt he could produce in his first year on passing downs. We could cut Haralson, save money, and get more production from his spot. A guy that can rush the passer like Okafor can put a team over the top much like Aldon did this year.

Hes #80 for Texas he's playing SS DE
[ Edited by eonblue on Mar 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM ]
do it!
Okafor may be a bit of a one trick pony. Definitely has talent as a pass rusher. But there are doubts about his ability to seal the corner, and stop the run. Also, his ability in coverage is suspect because Texas used him primarily as a set-wide pass rushing DE on the left side of their line.

Against Ole Miss, Okafor performs better latter in the game as Texas' lead forces Ole Miss to abandon the run. Here is some footage that shows both his strengths and weaknesses.

[ Edited by mebemused on Mar 2, 2013 at 11:51 PM ]
Originally posted by mebemused:
Okafor may be a bit of a one trick pony. Definitely has talent as a pass rusher. But there are doubts about his ability to seal the corner, and stop the run. Also, his ability in coverage is suspect because Texas used him primarily as a set-wide pass rushing DE on the left side of their line.

Against Ole Miss, Okafor performs better latter in the game as Texas' lead forces Ole Miss to abandon the run. Here is some footage that shows both his strengths and weaknesses.

Wow that was a really good video. Idk though his movement looks very fluid when he drops into coverage. He looks better than Aldon did at Missouri.
Pass rush situations in the tradition of Haley and Dean?
I'm a Texas alum so I've watched him his whole college career. 5 star kid coming out of high school and was very consistent at Texas. I feel like he always progressed each year and has the potential to be a solid contributor. He plays the run well and they even had him at DT I believe his junior year for a little bit due to the lack of depth at DT. So we know he's versatile too but I'm not sure how he'd fit in a 3-4.
Share 49ersWebzone