LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

What CB would you pick at #31?

What CB would you pick at #31?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Banks
Who ever will turn there head and make a play on the ball
I'd like to see the Niners cut Rogers, sign a new veteran FA CB and draft Banks. I think he'll be better value. It also takes the pressure off of a rookie CB and gives whoever is drafted more time to develop.
Rhodes is an absolute baller
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Jonathan Banks or David Amerson, cause Desmond Trufant most likely won't be there.

I've watched a couple of games on Amerson. The Clemson game he was heads Deandre Hopkins. He got burned for a 60yrd td. He almost got burned again because hr doesn't turn his head in coverage. If he doesn't locate the ball before he makes a plays he going to get a PI. If some of the throw were better he would've gave up a lot more. I simply don't see it. Maybe it was just a bad game. I would welcome some good footage to prove me wrong because at this point I cringe when I see this guy mocked.

No your right, he was also burned badly by Cordarelle Patterson, but I agree with your assessment. He kinda does have bad hips for a CB, but he diagnoses routes well and will go up in the air to get the ball, something none of our current CB's do. At worst we could get a ball hawking FS. 13 picks at least warrants the 31st pick IMO.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Banks has the size that Harbaalke craves.
Originally posted by SFrush:
or you can add talent in both areas. It doesn't have to be one or the other when you have 5 picks in the top 100.

Exactly. I say go where BPA and need matches up. Best case scenario, it will be at defensive line. If the value isn't there, go CB/S, although there are some intiguing prospects at WR. Either way, I think if we keep our first five picks, we end up with a DE, NT, CB, S, and WR, not necessarily in that order.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Exactly. I say go where BPA and need matches up. Best case scenario, it will be at defensive line. If the value isn't there, go CB/S, although there are some intiguing prospects at WR. Either way, I think if we keep our first five picks, we end up with a DE, NT, CB, S, and WR, not necessarily in that order.

Yep trade up another one into top 100 and go 2 D-Line 2 DB and 2 WR. And BPA at each pick. Has to be the best option for Baalke
D Line and Safety.
In 2011 a lot of our sacks we're coverage sacks. We need better DBs.

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Honey Badger in the 3rd round.

4th gets a strong maybe from me.

not that I really want Revis, but if we were to get Revis, I wouldnt mind having the Honey Badger.
No need for Revis..Those draft picks are too precious and we need that money to lock up our own guys after this upcoming season..Draft wise i wouldnt mind taking J. Banks.or D. Trufant w/ 1 of our first 2 picks and J. Poyer or L. Ryan w/ our 61st pick...truth is we need to draft a corner early to develop into a starter because T. Brown's contract is up after this season and C. Rogers plays declining is likely be cut this season or next if this continues. What we Really need is more Pass Rushers that can rush and collapse the pocket from the interior spots since we usually only Rush 4 and drop 7 in passing situations.
Originally posted by SFrush:
I'll ride with Banks. I like the size and his ball skills are better than the other two.

Homo?

If we trade up for Trufant that will be nice but if that is not a possibility than Banks or Taylor from Boise would be solid.
I think they take the best "big" DL on the board...if both RJF and Sopoaga leave, they'll need to backfill those positions. I'm hoping for Sylvester Williams, who's got great size and quickness and can play inside and out. A number of good CB's avail early in 2nd rd...would love to get Rhodes. We really need some size in the secondary.
Share 49ersWebzone