Parys Haralson- 2.87 mil
Alex Smith via trade 9.75 mil cap reliefe
Total savings- 15.67 mil

Resign
Dashon Goldson FS

Issac Sopoaga NT

Tavares Gooden ILB

Free agentcy

Sean smith CB- Big, Physical. Plays man to man well. Niners tend to play man a lot and allow our safties to play down hill and help over the top. Smith is a good fit in my opinion. He may want more money than he's worth. But if we can land him for 3 years 16-18 mil. We'll be okay.

Josh Johnson QB- Knows Harbaugh well. San Diego qb and was cut last year to retain Tolzien. With Smith gone, he's a band-aid that wont cost us very much and can play a similar style to Kaepernick.

Baalke has yet to make the big splash in FA, and I find it hard to believe he will this year unless it was for a guy like D. Bowe or M. Wallace. Again, highly doubt he would make that kind of move, but you never know.

Draft

31st- Kawann Short DT, Purdue - The 6-foot-3, 310-pounder is strong and athletic. Purdue does an excellent job of producing quality NFL defensive linemen, and he appears to be the next in line. Short totaled 43 tackles, 15.5 tackles for a loss, seven sacks, four passes broken up, four blocked kicks and a forced fumble this season

34th- Zack Ertz TE, Stanford - Ertz (6-5, 249) had a strong senior season, leading the Cardinal with 69 receptions for 898 yards and six touchdowns. His production would have been better if there had been more consistency from his quarterbacks. Ertz improved his blocking this year and is becoming a well-rounded tight end. He backed up Coby Fleener in 2011, but still hauled in 27 receptions for 346 yards and four touchdowns.

61st- Phillip Thomas S, Fresno State - Thomas (6-0, 210) played well at the Senior Bowl and further helped his draft standing. Thomas led the nation this year with eight interceptions. Three of his picks came against Colorado, two of which he returned for touchdowns. Thomas also recorded 82 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, four passes broken up and four forced fumbles in 2012.

74th-Da'Rick Rogers WR, Tennessee State - Rogers was booted out of Tennessee just before the 2012 season started for failed drug tests. He transfered to Tennessee Tech and began playing immediately. Rogers recorded 61 receptions for 893 yards and 10 touchdowns this year. He had 18 receptions for 303 yards and two touchdowns against Southeast Missouri State. Rogers is a quick and physical wide receiver who has a lot of upside. The 6-foot-3, 208-pounder is fearless going across the middle. Rogers is extremely tough and routinely makes difficult catches while taking hard hits. Not only does he have strong hands, but his superb body control allows him to make acrobatic catches.

93th- Sio Moore OLB, Connecticut - Sio Moore stands at 6'1", 240 lbs. His Combine 40 Time was 4.65. Moore played 42 games and started 24. He amassed 274 Tackles, 44 TFL's, 16 Sacks, 18 Pass Breakups, 4 Interceptions, 4 Forced Fumbles and 4 Fumbles Recovered.

4thA-comp. Monte Ball RB, Wisconson - Wisconsin struggled early in 2012, but Ball heated up against a weak Big Ten conference. The senior ended up with 1,830 yards (5.1 yard average) and 22 touchdowns on the ground. He also caught 10 passes for 72 yards.

4thB- own. Conor Vernon WR, Duke- 6'1'', 200 lbs. Tough, productive WR. Uses body well and had 7 carrer games with 10 or more catches.

5thA-Indy. Dustin Hopkins K, Florida State. 119 points last year including a 55 yard game winner vs. Clemson

5thB- own. Trade out for 2014 pick

6thA- Miami. Trade out for 2014 pick

7thA- comp. Best player avalible

7thB-Cinn. Trade out for 2014 pick

7thC-comp Best player avalible

7thD-own. Trade out for 2014 pick

With all the trades this year, including Alex's, we would net 4 picks next year from our own and one mid-round from Alex. That would total a 3-5 round pick for Alex and 4 late round picks for a grand total of 11, which includes our 7 we'll already have. Next year, more so than this year we'll need to have picks for depth due to the fact that we'll have 14 expirering contrants and we'll have to nail down Iupati, A. Davis, Kaep, Aldon, Cowboy etc.
I think more D-Line help is in order this off-season. Other than that I like it. I think Sean Smith gets paid beyond what our front office would be willing pay and we spend less on a free agent receiver and keeping Delanie Walker. This allows us to take a TE later in the draft (I still think we need another) and go DLine or CB at the spot you have us taking Ertz. I could even see going defense instead of a WR where you have Rogers. I like your picks though, they fit and fill some needs, seems realistic.
I love picks #31 (Short), #34 (Ertz), #74 (Rogers) #4B (Vernon), and #5A (Hopkins).

I don't think we need another RB, so I would suggest swapping Monte Ball for another D-linemen. Also, swap Sio Moore for a guy like CB Darius Slay (if available).
[ Edited by PTulini on Feb 28, 2013 at 8:22 PM ]
Need more emphasis on the D-Line.
31. Datone Jones, DE
34. Desmond Trufant, CB
61. Margus Hunt, DE
74. Justin Hunter of Da'Rick Rogers, WR
93. Phillip Thomas, S

This is assuming we stay at where we are on those picks, though I hope we'll package some and move up in the first round to pick an immediate-impact player, and then package away our later picks for draft picks next year.
Originally posted by 49ersss:
31. Datone Jones, DE
34. Desmond Trufant, CB
61. Margus Hunt, DE
93. Phillip Thomas, S

This is assuming we stay at where we are on those picks, though I hope we'll package some and move up in the first round to pick an immediate-impact player, and then package away our later picks for draft picks next year.

No way Thomas lasts to 93. he will likely be gone by 61, where OP has us takeing him.
Take out the WR from Duke and add in some DLine help (maybe Montori Hughes or Bennie Logan could last til 93?)
31. Datone Jones, DE
34. Desmond Trufant, CB
61. Margus Hunt, DE
93. Phillip Thomas, S

THIS!
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
31. Datone Jones, DE
34. Desmond Trufant, CB
61. Margus Hunt, DE
93. Phillip Thomas, S

No way Thomas lasts to 93. he will likely be gone by 61, where OP has us takeing him.

Agreed. Thomas is a real talent. With Tukufaku, Dobbs, Ian Williams and drafting Short from Prudue gives us 7 DLineman. We could draft more but depending on Flemming and Johnson at OLB, we may need depth there more if we do infact cut Haralson. The Duke WR is a stud.
31. Datone Jones, DE
34. Desmond Trufant, CB
61. Margus Hunt, DE
93. Phillip Thomas, S

Jones is a nice talent. But i'm not in love with him like many are on Webzone. I like Margus Hunt at 61 if he is still there.
Like ur free agency moves as well as all your picks up to 3rd round. Not feeling Montee Ball pick
Originally posted by kronik:
Like ur free agency moves as well as all your picks up to 3rd round. Not feeling Montee Ball pick

More of a value pick. He'd be the fourth back, inactive on game day. Nice contengency if an injury like Hunter's last year occurs.
Originally posted by suckafree17:
Originally posted by kronik:

More of a value pick. He'd be the fourth back, inactive on game day. Nice contengency if an injury like Hunter's last year occurs.

Ball will be a great pro. I'm not sure he lasts until the 4th....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Nice job, sucka. Like the Da'Rick and Ertz picks the best.
Is Da'Rick available that late? He is one of those guys I cant get a pulse one. Seems like this is the lowest I have seen him drafted.