There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

should we copy cat

heading into the draft and free agency should we copy the seacox and and go bigger and physical in our secondary , after looking at the playoffs , are main problems were bigger receiver , and looking at the draft we need to get a nose tackle , sop is not a true nose we should look a casey hampton and draft a true nose tackle , and with the cb we should target David Amerson*, CB, N.C. State ,Xavier Rhodes*, CB, Florida State Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
Any of those guys except "Johnthan"

dude can't even spell his name right.
Agree
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Any of those guys except "Johnthan"

dude can't even spell his name right.

His mom or dad, or both, are the ones that can't spell.
There's good things and bad things about big cornerbacks and small cornerbacks.

Big cornerbacks like Richard Sherman have no problem playing against the big, physical "Terrell Owens mold." But how does he do against quick, smallish receivers like Cruz, Welker, and Amendola?

And then the reverse... There's the quick, short, speedy cornerbacks who have awesome change of direction skills. They can keep up with the speedy guys deep, and the agile guys on short routes. But how do they do against the likes of big guys like Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson?

It's tough to tell. Yeah, let's say you want to get a big cornerback, but what happens if he's not available at the time you *can* draft a cornerback? I just think that they should get the best cornerback they can at whatever pick they can get a cornerback. Obviously in free agency though, you can pick and choose what kind of defensive back you want to bring into your defense.
Heading into the draft and free agency, should we copy the Sehawks and go bigger and physical in our secondary? After reviewing the playoffs: our main problem was bigger receiver(s) and after looking at the draft we need to get a nose tackle. Sop is not a true nose, we should look into Casey Hampton and drafting a true nose tackle. With our need at cb we should target


David Amerson*, CB, N.C. State
Xavier Rhodes*, CB, Florida State
Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
[ Edited by KEGster on Mar 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Wubbie:
There's good things and bad things about big cornerbacks and small cornerbacks.

Big cornerbacks like Richard Sherman have no problem playing against the big, physical "Terrell Owens mold." But how does he do against quick, smallish receivers like Cruz, Welker, and Amendola?

And then the reverse... There's the quick, short, speedy cornerbacks who have awesome change of direction skills. They can keep up with the speedy guys deep, and the agile guys on short routes. But how do they do against the likes of big guys like Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson?

It's tough to tell. Yeah, let's say you want to get a big cornerback, but what happens if he's not available at the time you *can* draft a cornerback? I just think that they should get the best cornerback they can at whatever pick they can get a cornerback. Obviously in free agency though, you can pick and choose what kind of defensive back you want to bring into your defense.
if jason webster was like 5 inches taller he woulda been the best corner ever lol. the little dudes can play but receivers keep getting bigger and bigger, gotta be able to muscle the taller receivers
why not, pete carroll has been copy cat-ing harbaugh for the last two years.
Bigger and faster and younger is always better in the NFL IMO. It's what you always want to do. It's not just recent.
We need a bigg CB x.Rhodes is my #1 Guy also I think we need a bigg WR in tha draft ...
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Any of those guys except "Johnthan"

dude can't even spell his name right.

His mom or dad, or both, are the ones that can't spell.


antawn jamison and dwyane wade
We should absolutely copycat the Seahawks by pulling off the "draft a CB in the 5th round who becomes a superstar lockdown CB one year later" maneuver.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
We should absolutely copycat the Seahawks by pulling off the "draft a CB in the 5th round who becomes a superstar lockdown CB one year later" maneuver.


Chris Culliver?
Originally posted by KEGster:
Heading into the draft and free agency, should we copy the Se[a]hawks and [get] bigger and [more] physical in our secondary? After reviewing the playoffs[,] our main problem was [handling] bigger receivers. After looking at the draft[,] we need to get a nose tackle. Sop is not a true nose, we should look into Casey Hampton and [also] [look into] drafting a true nose tackle. With our need at CB we should target[:]

- David Amerson*, CB, N.C. State
- Xavier Rhodes*, CB, Florida State
- Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State

I see what you did there. That was kind of mean, so I went ahead and edited your corrections as well.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Any of those guys except "Johnthan"

dude can't even spell his name right.

His mom or dad, or both, are the ones that can't spell.


antawn jamison and dwyane wade

Brett Favre
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home