There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post combine mock from Rotoworld

Josh Norris has post combine mock up:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/42642/344/post-combine-mock-draft?pg=1

Like Rob Rang, he has the 9ers taking Jessie Williams at #31.

What's interesting is that both Keenan Allen, WR, and Desmond Trufant, CB are still on the board. With the Ravens picking Ray Lewis' replacement, Kevin Minter ILB, at #32, one of them would still be available at #34.

Williams and either Allen or Trufant would be a very good beginning to our draft.
Would be stoked with either of those 2 picks in rd 2. But Allen is definitely a 1st rd talent, but could fall for some odd reason. I have him as my top WR, and have for a while. Him, Terrance Williams, Patterson, and Justin Hunter are 1st rd caliber WRs.
Originally posted by mebemused:

What's interesting is that both Keenan Allen, WR, and Desmond Trufant, CB are still on the board. With the Ravens picking Ray Lewis' replacement, Kevin Minter ILB, at #32, one of them would still be available at #34.

Williams and either Allen or Trufant would be a very good beginning to our draft.

I hadn't noticed that --- great info. Can hardly wait for Mar 12. Trade to good to be true.
Would also love either of these guys, but the mocks are all over the place after the combine and the Smith trade has already been considered in some! Why wait until it actually happens? LOL! Love this time of year, always some odd things taking place...but this year is special in many ways, with the 9ers becoming major players.

Edit--the niners have put themselves in a position to be major players for several years. They can trade forward and create the same type of situation for next year, then the next, and the next...Now they need to execute the draft well and I hope none of the scouts went to Philly with Gamble.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 28, 2013 at 7:30 AM ]
I like Williams, we do need help at NT right away. But I also really like Datone Jones. If this mock plays out, we could trade up to 24 (from 34) and get both Jones and Williams.

Can you imagine RayMac, Jessie Williams, and Datone Jones as our long term DL? That would be awesome.

We'd have both the best OL and best DL in the league pretty soon. It's all won in the trenches.
[ Edited by blm7754 on Feb 28, 2013 at 9:52 AM ]
14. Carolina Panthers -- S Johnathan Cyprien, FIU
21. Cincinnati Bengals -- S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
26. Green Bay Packers -- S Matt Elam, Florida

Originally posted by mebemused:

LOL...if the 49ers first two picks are Jesse Williams and Keenan Allen or Jesse Williams and Desmond Trufant......I'm done, don't care who else they draft at that point, that's quite a haul.

If I wanted to be f**king greedy, Datone Jones at #31, Johnthan Banks at #34. BOOM.
Horrible mock.
Be greedy Phoenix - please be VERY greedy.
Originally posted by blm7754:
I like Williams, we do need help at NT right away. But I also really like Datone Jones. If this mock plays out, we could trade up to 24 (from 34) and get both Jones and Williams.

Can you imagine RayMac, Jessie Williams, and Datone Jones as our long term DL? That would be awesome.

We'd have both the best OL and best DL in the league pretty soon. It's all won in the trenches.

RayMac has been wonderfully durable but by the time Justin is out he may be fading a bit. The nice thing is that they would have time to think about that next year or the next. I always like to look at the group as a whole and with Justin, Mac, Williams and Jones they would need one more stud to back up. If they keep either Sopoaga or RJF then case closed.
Wishful thinking to snatch Allen in the 2nd but the niners never draft players from cal.
I'm all about getting a couple of "bigs" early in the draft...think it's safe to say Fangio has little confidence in the DL b/u's now, so time to upgrade. The Williams' (Jesse & Sylvester), Hankins, Jenkins, Sharrif, Richardson, et al are all guys who can play inside & out. Baalke can still get a very good WR and/or TE, secondary, OLB, even QB in later rds. Go for the gold is my motto...use some of those 15 picks to get some real quality, not so much quantity.