There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I agree we need depth but the one person we have to draft is D Hopkins

  • rtj03
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 567
We have to get this guy. I'm ok with using a fourth round pick on him. He has excelled at every level.
Originally posted by rtj03:
We have to get this guy. I'm ok with using a fourth round pick on him. He has excelled at every level.

49ers should totally get Sheldon Richardson too, he's the DE they need, I'm ok with using a late 2nd round pick on him....oh yeah, and Marcus Trufant in the 3rd round as well, all of those guys.



Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers should totally get Sheldon Richardson too, he's the DE they need, I'm ok with using a late 2nd round pick on him....oh yeah, and Marcus Trufant in the 3rd round as well, all of those guys.




... He's a Kicker so I don't understand your sarcasm.
Originally posted by Elrossoneri:
... He's a Kicker so I don't understand your sarcasm.

I was assuming he meant Deandre Hopkins of Clemson, because anything more than a 6th round for Dustin Hopkins is utterly ludicrous.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I was assuming he meant Deandre Hopkins of Clemson, because anything more than a 6th round for Dustin Hopkins is utterly ludicrous.

I don't know about "utterly ludicrous". Not ideal to use a 4th on a kicker, but don't be shocked if the kickers come off the board in Round 4 or 5. The Jags used a 3rd on a punter last year, and the success of other rookie kickers will start to increase the premium placed on the position in the draft.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Elrossoneri:
... He's a Kicker so I don't understand your sarcasm.

I was assuming he meant Deandre Hopkins of Clemson, because anything more than a 6th round for Dustin Hopkins is utterly ludicrous.

LOL
I wouldn't use a 4th BUT a 5th would be acceptable for a guy who can win close games for 10+ years.
Originally posted by rtj03:
We have to get this guy. I'm ok with using a fourth round pick on him. He has excelled at every level.

I agree. He will be taken by the 5th. You want to draft guys who can make an impact. He will make an impact from day one and will win games for us right away. Pretty solid choice in my view.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Elrossoneri:
... He's a Kicker so I don't understand your sarcasm.

I was assuming he meant Deandre Hopkins of Clemson, because anything more than a 6th round for Dustin Hopkins is utterly ludicrous.

I think the Niners would use one of two 5th round picks on him if they have already addressed their most pressing needs at d line, WR, and in the secondary.