There are 147 users in the forums

jonathan cooper of north carolina

niners are well set at guard with 2 standout young players in iupati and boone----however they need to look for an eventual replacement in jonathan goodwin

so if a guy like cooper were to fall to 31 could he be a guy niners can take and covnert into a center? he is by all acoounts a great athlete
Originally posted by hofer36:
niners are well set at guard with 2 standout young players in iupati and boone----however they need to look for an eventual replacement in jonathan goodwin

so if a guy like cooper were to fall to 31 could he be a guy niners can take and covnert into a center? he is by all acoounts a great athlete

Once again, I'm not a fan of taking a center in the 1st round. 49ers have Kilgore who is being groomed to replace Goodwin.
Way to many other needs for a center.

Kilgore/Looney are being groomed for that.
Yes.

I know we have much greater needs, but a guy like Cooper, who could be a top 10 player regardless of position in this draft, should be taken if he magically falls to 31. I really believe defense should be the foremost priority of this draft, especially the DLine (me and everyone else), but we also need to recognize that Kaep is the most important player on the team this year and for the next ten years, and protecting him now and in the future should take second place to nothing. Another elite line prospect would be a step in that direction. Plus he would contribute added push to an already great ground game.

You build through the trenches, offensively and defensively. If Cooper is available at 31 I'd be willing to bet my left pinky toe he's the best player available and definitely the best available player along either of the lines. Take him.
There is also no way Jonathan Cooper drops to 31 so the point is moot
I'm a big BPA guy, but there are certain positions I'd pass on. If the value isn't there at CB, S, DE, NT, or even WR, then we need to trade down.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'm a big BPA guy, but there are certain positions I'd pass on. If the value isn't there at CB, S, DE, NT, or even WR, then we need to trade down.

Perfectly stated
Justin Cowboy needs help, he needs Beef alongside him & Aldon. Pass and get a DE/DT type. atleast 2 Dlineman
Huge UNC fan here and Cooper is one of the top ten if not five players in this draft. No chance he drops to #31. He's a guard not a center anyway
Share 49ersWebzone