There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mark Harrison-WR-Rutgers

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I think he goes UDFA. Him and Tasker out of Cornell are guys i would like to target as UDFA's if they indeed end up being undrafted like i think.

I don't mind taking both as well as Steinkhuler to bring in another defensive lineman.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You're right, getting my seasons mixed up. He's got the talent to be a good player, he's just been up and down a lot and this past season he didn't really step up the way he should have, however, for a 7th round pick, considering his physical size and abilities, he's worth the risk......easily.

Absolutely. I would attribute a lot of his up and down play to the inconsistency Rutgers has had at QB too.

Another good call by you on a potential late round sleeper.
More amped up about this guy than before. He had an excellent Combine, has very good blocking skills for a WR, I do think this guy can take over down the road for Delanie Walker, has much better size to begin with.
If he's not related to Marvin Harrison, then i don't want him.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
If he's not related to Marvin Harrison, then i don't want him.

Idk man, Marvin Harrison did kill a guy. He probably has murderer genes in him. I wouldn't draft him.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
If he's not related to Marvin Harrison, then i don't want him.

Idk man, Marvin Harrison did kill a guy. He probably has murderer genes in him. I wouldn't draft him.



i forgot about that

PASS
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Wow, I never believed that this guy was actually the height and weight they had him listed at, but at the Combine today he had some incredible measurements.

He came in at 6'3", 234 pounds with arms measured at 35". I'm shocked because for that size, he's relatively athletic, shows good speed, has fairly reliable hands, and obviously the length to reach up and snag passes out of the air. If the 49ers want a WR with potential to develop as h-back type player to replace Delanie Walker down the road, this guy seems like a very good candidate to do it. He's quite physical, plays aggressively, he'd need to be coached up to not get called for a ton of pass interferences at the next level, but for a late round pick, he could be well worth a look.



I think he could potetially offer some things out wide as well. I have a few other thoughts after seeig that picture. 1) Redzone, and 2) I'd love for Richard Sherman to have to deal with that twice a year; He's built like T.O. ( obviously that doesn't mean he will be a T.O. type of player, but still). It was also mentioned durring the combine coverage that he has been working out with Brandon Marshall in Florida. I find this last point to be a very encouraging occurance. He may at the very least be worth a mid-round flyer as a player with potential. After that who knows?
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Wow, I never believed that this guy was actually the height and weight they had him listed at, but at the Combine today he had some incredible measurements.

He came in at 6'3", 234 pounds with arms measured at 35". I'm shocked because for that size, he's relatively athletic, shows good speed, has fairly reliable hands, and obviously the length to reach up and snag passes out of the air. If the 49ers want a WR with potential to develop as h-back type player to replace Delanie Walker down the road, this guy seems like a very good candidate to do it. He's quite physical, plays aggressively, he'd need to be coached up to not get called for a ton of pass interferences at the next level, but for a late round pick, he could be well worth a look.



I think he could potetially offer some things out wide as well. I have a few other thoughts after seeig that picture. 1) Redzone, and 2) I'd love for Richard Sherman to have to deal with that twice a year; He's built like T.O. ( obviously that doesn't mean he will be a T.O. type of player, but still). It was also mentioned durring the combine coverage that he has been working out with Brandon Marshall in Florida. I find this last point to be a very encouraging occurance. He may at the very least be worth a mid-round flyer as a player with potential. After that who knows?

I actually dont see him as a HB quite as much as Phoenix does. He could certainly fill some of those rolls, but i actually see him as a wideout. Would be a great wideout to pair with Crabtree in two TE sets in the RZ. Can Block well, and hopefully would offer the big physical body we need in the RZ.

I see why phoenix is making that jump, but if we got him i would prefure we develope him as a wideout firt, the other stuff should be secondary.
Very athletic and big and definitely worth a look later in the draft. Looks like he has unnatural hands, kind of like Terrell Owens and Delanie Walker.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Very athletic and big and definitely worth a look later in the draft. Looks like he has unnatural hands, kind of like Terrell Owens and Delanie Walker.

Yeah, he's big and athletic but has stone hands
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Wow, I never believed that this guy was actually the height and weight they had him listed at, but at the Combine today he had some incredible measurements.

He came in at 6'3", 234 pounds with arms measured at 35". I'm shocked because for that size, he's relatively athletic, shows good speed, has fairly reliable hands, and obviously the length to reach up and snag passes out of the air. If the 49ers want a WR with potential to develop as h-back type player to replace Delanie Walker down the road, this guy seems like a very good candidate to do it. He's quite physical, plays aggressively, he'd need to be coached up to not get called for a ton of pass interferences at the next level, but for a late round pick, he could be well worth a look.


Would be a nice late round pickup for the 49ers.
As a Niners fan and Rutgers alum, Harrison has potential to be nasty. He just needs to work on his hands. He would get open and drop the easiest passes. The fact that the QB threw to the other team in close games doesn't help measure his abilities that much either. That being said I'd be happy if we got him in the 7th. A lot of upside.
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
As a Niners fan and Rutgers alum, Harrison has potential to be nasty. He just needs to work on his hands. He would get open and drop the easiest passes. The fact that the QB threw to the other team in close games doesn't help measure his abilities that much either. That being said I'd be happy if we got him in the 7th. A lot of upside.

How come he had solid production in 2010 and then didn't do much at all in 2011 and 2012?
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
As a Niners fan and Rutgers alum, Harrison has potential to be nasty. He just needs to work on his hands. He would get open and drop the easiest passes. The fact that the QB threw to the other team in close games doesn't help measure his abilities that much either. That being said I'd be happy if we got him in the 7th. A lot of upside.

Sounds like Delanie walker for 20% of the money (based off his old 49ers deal).
He goes in the 5th round at 6'3'' 231 and runs a 4.47 40 i'd love to have him