LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Mark Harrison-WR-Rutgers

Wow, I never believed that this guy was actually the height and weight they had him listed at, but at the Combine today he had some incredible measurements.

He came in at 6'3", 234 pounds with arms measured at 35". I'm shocked because for that size, he's relatively athletic, shows good speed, has fairly reliable hands, and obviously the length to reach up and snag passes out of the air. If the 49ers want a WR with potential to develop as h-back type player to replace Delanie Walker down the road, this guy seems like a very good candidate to do it. He's quite physical, plays aggressively, he'd need to be coached up to not get called for a ton of pass interferences at the next level, but for a late round pick, he could be well worth a look.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM ]
Why not? What round do u think he'll go in?
Early 6th to undrafted.
Any relation to Marvin Harrison??
Any relation to Rodney Harrison??

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Any relation to Marvin Harrison??

If he does, then we know he's going to be packing heat...literally.

Originally posted by PTulini:

He outplayed Sanu last year for most of the season but this year fell off quite a bit. The raw talent is definitely there and late in the draft, a guy with his kind of imposing physical presence would be a nice addition as a a WR/TE....etc.
looks like terrell owens with his size and #81 on his back
I like Harrison too. Living in NJ for the entirety of his Rutgers career, I've seen a lot of him. He's not only big and physical, but he's been reasonably productive too given the limitations of the QBs he's played with and the nature of their offense.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He outplayed Sanu last year for most of the season but this year fell off quite a bit. The raw talent is definitely there and late in the draft, a guy with his kind of imposing physical presence would be a nice addition as a a WR/TE....etc.

He actually only caught 14 balls last year as he struggled with injuries. It was 2010, his sophomore year, that he outplayed Sanu.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by PTulini:

That video was not very impressive nice stats but that cb didn't stand a chance. He may be fast but don't like the way he catches, over the shoulder bobble and catching with his body based on the video. Outplayed Sanu? I remember seeing his highlights, running out the backfield, I wanted us to draft him but we got A.J. Jenkins.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
He actually only caught 14 balls last year as he struggled with injuries. It was 2010, his sophomore year, that he outplayed Sanu.

You're right, getting my seasons mixed up. He's got the talent to be a good player, he's just been up and down a lot and this past season he didn't really step up the way he should have, however, for a 7th round pick, considering his physical size and abilities, he's worth the risk......easily.
How would you compare/contract Harrison with Marcus Davis? Davis is quite a bit faster (timed speed), but as far as on the field skills, whose's the better player?

Mark Harrison WR Rutgers Sr 6-3 234 4.58
Marcus Davis WR Virginia Techr Sr 6-3 230 4.47
I think he goes UDFA. Him and Tasker out of Cornell are guys i would like to target as UDFA's if they indeed end up being undrafted like i think.
Share 49ersWebzone