There are 360 users in the forums

Take RB Marcus Lattimore late 3rd Round & Redshirt him

If Lattimore somehow falls to the late 3rd round, we should take him, let him sit all 2013, let Gore retire after next year and by 2014 we'll have a STUDD RB with amazing starter skills!!
If he falls to round 5 I say grab him
High risk. Very high reward

Doctors these days are amazing and the guy says he is workin his butt off.

If the team docs say his knee is going in the right direction I say take him and let him sit for awhile because god knows we have that luxury

This guy is gonna be a boss in the nfl

You heard it here first.
[ Edited by RealShaloop on Feb 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM ]
I really don't think he'll go as early as some people are predicting, I see him picked in the mid 4th to mid 5th round range.
If we can get him in the 3rd or later I'd be very happy taking him.

We have very few positional weaknesses so we can afford to take a flyer on him and let him recover and develop for a year. How many snaps did our entire 2012 draft class even play combined? It reminds me of the Patriots at the peak of their dynasty - they'd take risky guy or people you had never heard of, then sure enough 2 years later they were starters and Pro Bowlers.
The 2nd coming of Gore!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I really don't think he'll go as early as some people are predicting, I see him picked in the mid 4th to mid 5th round range.

It all depends on team needs. I can see a team jumping the gun and taking him in the 3rd, but typically most GMs would be hesitant to pick someone with that injury history that early, especially at running back when they can get good value at RB that is ready to produce in 2013. This plays into our hands. I wouldn't mind if we used our own 3rd round pick on Lattimore, but if I were making the call, I'd wait until the 4th or 5th as well, depending on who else is available at some positions we have that are more immediate needs. With the first four picks we currently have, we can get a good 3-4 DE, NT, DB (CB or S), and WR. I only see us going for Lattimore after those needs are met.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Would have been the #1 RB in the draft pre injury. I think he gets taken in the 3rd.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Would have been the #1 RB in the draft pre injury. I think he gets taken in the 3rd.

early third.
The paralell between him and Gore coming out of college is uncanny. Both with bad knee injuries and project to 3rd-4th round, but huge upside. Even in some pic of Lattimore has similar looking body and wearing #21. If he could be Gore rerun I take him in a second.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

early third.

I agree. I also think there is a chance a team takes him in the second, depending on how his recovery as progressed prior to the draft.

Originally posted by gold49digger:
The 2nd coming of Gore!

This, and with, as far as I have read; a great head on his shoulders. It was said early take the man, red-shirt him, then play him the next year when he is way past his injuries ------> Perfect. Gore2v Haa, Maybe Gire will still be around, and I wonder what they would be like both in a pro set!! Look the f**k out!
Originally posted by pdizo916:

early third.

We have enough picks to trade up, if need be..Ahhh, the luxury of 14-15 picks in one draft..
Let's go and get him
Most teams can't afford to redshirt a player his first year. The 49ers are stacked, few teams have the luxury to do this. I remember during Coach Walsh's tenure they had a player named Mike Sherrard, he sat an entire season and came back and produced. Before coming to the Niners he had broken his leg twice in 87 and 88 while with Dallas.
If he is not playing this year he will drop to the 3rd day.
Share 49ersWebzone