That looks like a pretty solid draft to me. Yeah I never know who in the blue hell Baalke and Harbaugh will go after. They never seem to get the guys I want.
For all I know they'll end up drafting Ronald Mcdonald in the 1st round and Grimace in the 2nd and we'll all be like wtf?? Those were some terrible picks!
And then Ronald Mcdonald and Grimace will end up becoming All Pros and we'll all be like damn those were some great picks!
There are 764 users in the forums
Out of Left Field Mock (Pre-Combine)
- 1 2
Feb 18, 2013 at 7:45 PM
- pwillis52beasty
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,410
Feb 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM
- eonblue
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,852
I love the Gholston pick. Michigan played him as an.edge.rusher but i think if he was just attacking the gap b between guard and tackle he could be a force. His long arms just push off blocks. He can swat balls straight out of the air. Justin smith could develop him into a beast. I think this is the kinda guy we need. A raw product with a high ceiling that can take over in a couple of years. Tank could potential rush opposite Aldon. That would be feirce. Also could rotate with.him and Ahmad. Another great pick. I would love that pick.
Feb 19, 2013 at 12:18 AM
- YouGotGored
- Veteran
- Posts: 663
Good Job, dude. Diggin' this draft.
Feb 19, 2013 at 5:27 AM
- 9erred
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,195
Very solid mock, a stretch for the 1st round pick, but then again I never saw Aldon or AJ as the 9ers round 1 pick.
I love the QB from AZ. I would pick the best kicker in the draft sooner than round 6. It could potentially be a game changer, and the team needs game changers. Round 4 or 5 for kicker.
I also am a Levine Toliolo fan. Would prefer Ertz, but I am starting to think your top pick should not be for a back up TE. (then again Walker was on the field for 57% of the offensive plays.)
My only change would be
1. round 1. Kenny Vacaro Safety from texas,
I love the QB from AZ. I would pick the best kicker in the draft sooner than round 6. It could potentially be a game changer, and the team needs game changers. Round 4 or 5 for kicker.
I also am a Levine Toliolo fan. Would prefer Ertz, but I am starting to think your top pick should not be for a back up TE. (then again Walker was on the field for 57% of the offensive plays.)
My only change would be
1. round 1. Kenny Vacaro Safety from texas,
Feb 19, 2013 at 6:12 AM
- RishikeshA
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,720
Logan Ryan could be a stretch at #1 but after the Combine many opinions will change. I really like Kenny Vacaro, he could turn into the Kaep of the defense.
Feb 19, 2013 at 6:33 AM
- PhillyNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,995
A lot of Raw guys...but I like them all, so its hard to get too down on you for that. The only thing I can say is we will have to address D-line in free agency a little bit with your draft. Not that thats a bad thing, as many are pushing for a Reciever that will cost a lot more. Going to need a Nose tackle or two.
Feb 19, 2013 at 6:46 AM
- JamesGatz83
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,534
Too high for Gholston, but I like his potential too. You make a good point about how he may have been misused at MSU.
Feb 19, 2013 at 6:47 AM
- JamesGatz83
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,534
Originally posted by 9erred:
Very solid mock, a stretch for the 1st round pick, but then again I never saw Aldon or AJ as the 9ers round 1 pick.
I love the QB from AZ. I would pick the best kicker in the draft sooner than round 6. It could potentially be a game changer, and the team needs game changers. Round 4 or 5 for kicker.
I also am a Levine Toliolo fan. Would prefer Ertz, but I am starting to think your top pick should not be for a back up TE. (then again Walker was on the field for 57% of the offensive plays.)
My only change would be
1. round 1. Kenny Vacaro Safety from texas,
Kenny Vaccaro, by all indications, isn't going to be there at 31.
Feb 19, 2013 at 7:35 AM
- kentc1978
- Veteran
- Posts: 297
I like it. Addresses needs without reaching too far
Feb 19, 2013 at 7:42 AM
- blm7754
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,785
I like the early defensive focus.... it's time to start thinking about restocking the unit that got us to where we are. I really like the Ryan and Gholston picks.
However, I don't like that our offensive needs are not being addressed until the late rounds. Sanders could help our return game, but not likely to help out at WR much. I'd like to see those 2 3rd round picks used on a big WR and a TE (or maybe an OT if we resign Walker). Or use them both to trade up into the 2nd and get a more talented WR prospect.
I also don't think we should waste a pick on a QB. We have two young QBs in Kaep and Tolzien. It would be nice to find a veteran backup to add to the mix. No need to use a draft pick on a weak QB class. Perhaps a FS with good coverage skills would be a good pick here instead.
However, I don't like that our offensive needs are not being addressed until the late rounds. Sanders could help our return game, but not likely to help out at WR much. I'd like to see those 2 3rd round picks used on a big WR and a TE (or maybe an OT if we resign Walker). Or use them both to trade up into the 2nd and get a more talented WR prospect.
I also don't think we should waste a pick on a QB. We have two young QBs in Kaep and Tolzien. It would be nice to find a veteran backup to add to the mix. No need to use a draft pick on a weak QB class. Perhaps a FS with good coverage skills would be a good pick here instead.
Feb 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM
- miked1978
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,631
Solid. Would be happy.
Feb 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM
- RollinWith21n52
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,948
Really into this draft. I don't think the value is always there, but really like the players you take
Feb 19, 2013 at 10:12 AM
- Giggidy
- Veteran
- Posts: 435
Solid mock. I like the Sanders, Scott, and Toilolo picks. Hopefully we can get Walker resigned and get Toilolo. If we can get Johnson in round 7 then that would be great, as I've seen some big boards having him go in round 6.
Feb 19, 2013 at 12:30 PM
- Travisty13
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,269
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Trying to figure out what Baalke would do is near impossible. I was just trying the mock out as just a different view on a mock. I mainly wanted to go with some guys that are potential filled and might be consider somewhat of a semi-"reach" at our draft position (seems we always go with guys that experts think is to early and that need coached up).
While FA will surely affect how the draft plays out, predicting what Baalke will do there, is again, near impossible. I'm not a Delanie fan, but I can see us re-signing him. He's an important cog in our offense in Harbaugh's eyes. I also see us re-signing either RJF or Soap and I believe they see something in Ian Williams, so NT wasn't a huge necessity for my draft.
Those are just some of the thoughts I had when making this. Thank you all again for the feedback. I may just have to make another one, a little before the draft, once draft positions become somewhat solidified.
While FA will surely affect how the draft plays out, predicting what Baalke will do there, is again, near impossible. I'm not a Delanie fan, but I can see us re-signing him. He's an important cog in our offense in Harbaugh's eyes. I also see us re-signing either RJF or Soap and I believe they see something in Ian Williams, so NT wasn't a huge necessity for my draft.
Those are just some of the thoughts I had when making this. Thank you all again for the feedback. I may just have to make another one, a little before the draft, once draft positions become somewhat solidified.
- 1 2