There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mayock's 2013 Draft Rankings - Offense

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/16/3995012/mike-mayock-nfl-draft-2013-rankings-offense

Quarterbacks:

Geno Smith, West Virginia
Matt Barkley, USC
Mike Glennon, North Carolina State
Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
Landry Jones, Oklahoma

Running back:

Eddie Lacy, Alabama
Montee Ball, Wisconsin
Andre Ellington, Clemson
Giovani Bernard, North Carolina
Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina

Wide receiver:

Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
Keenan Allen, California
Terrance Williams, Baylor
Tavon Austin, West Virginia
Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech

Tight End:

Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
Zach Ertz, Stanford
Gavin Escobar, San Diego State
Travis Kelce, Cincinnati
Jordan Reed, Florida

Center:

Travis Frederick, Wisconsin
Brian Schwenke, California
Barrett Jones, Alabama
Khaled Holmes, USC
Braxston Cave, Notre Dame

Guard:

Chance Warmack, Alabama
Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
Larry Warford, Kentucky
Kyle Long, Oregon
Brian Winters, Kent State

Tackle:

Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
D.J. Fluker, Alabama
Menelik Watson, Florida State
Justin Pugh, Syracuse
I must be the only one who thinks Tavon Austin is WAY to tiny (5, 9, 176) to be a first rounder.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I must be the only one who thinks Tavon Austin is WAY to tiny (5, 9, 176) to be a first rounder.

Wait until he measures in at 5'7 5/8", 170 pounds. Call me a skeptic as well. Second rounder.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Wait until he measures in at 5'7 5/8", 170 pounds. Call me a skeptic as well. Second rounder.

I think he will go in 2nd but believe he can be a great slot WR. I would take him for sure at the end of the 2nd.
Just sayin'.... Desean Jackson was 5' 9" and 169 lbs when drafted... and I think many did or would now select him in the 1st rd.

He is tiny...He also scored 17 TD's combined last year with sub 4.4 speed!!! I also like this fact http://www.kffl.com/player/27679/nfl/injury_history/tavon-austin . I would select him in a heartbeat
Wouldn't be shocked if Keenan Allen fell to the end of the 1st after he runs a pretty pedestrian 40 at the combine.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Wouldn't be shocked if Keenan Allen fell to the end of the 1st after he runs a pretty pedestrian 40 at the combine.

I'd be shocked. It might allow Patterson to leap frog Allen to be the #1 WR choice in the draft, but a lot of teams need WRs right now. I don't think there's a chance for Allen to fall below early 20's.

Would draft in the late 1st round, plus those with a WR size fetish would be thrilled beyond words.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Would draft in the late 1st round, plus those with a WR size fetish would be thrilled beyond words.

Keenan Allen seems like a slightly taller Crabtree. Not a burner, but does really well in the short to intermediate routes. He could be the answer to the big redzone target many fans are calling for. I'd personally like to see someone who is more of a compliment to the current Niners receivers. Someone with true deep speed who can blow past the DB and stretch the defense if they try to cheat up and jump routes or play down in the box against the run. That would be awesome in the play action pass.
Originally posted by Butter:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Keenan Allen seems like a slightly taller Crabtree. Not a burner, but does really well in the short to intermediate routes. He could be the answer to the big redzone target many fans are calling for. I'd personally like to see someone who is more of a compliment to the current Niners receivers. Someone with true deep speed who can blow past the DB and stretch the defense if they try to cheat up and jump routes or play down in the box against the run. That would be awesome in the play action pass.

That's what I'm looking for... I thought that's what we were looking for with Moss, but I guess not.
Remember how a lot of us wanted that center last year? Wouldn't mind us taking an eventual replacement to Jonathan Goodwin.