There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Combine thread

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Agree and the ravens are looking hard to replace ray lewis. But even at 32 I just don't see the value for this guy looks like he's not going in the first round.

After his poor showing at the Combine and the circus he'll bring with him into town, I think some teams have written him off completely and for others he might be well in mid 2nd round territory or later now.

the Pats will grab him and have him in the probowl
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Agree and the ravens are looking hard to replace ray lewis. But even at 32 I just don't see the value for this guy looks like he's not going in the first round.

After his poor showing at the Combine and the circus he'll bring with him into town, I think some teams have written him off completely and for others he might be well in mid 2nd round territory or later now.

No doubt a 2nd to 3rd round a real bad performance

He could fall much farther than we imagine.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

I dunno... some people have a pretty good imagination.

Idk Brandon Spikes & Rey Maauluga got drafted around the 2nd/3rd round and ran worst 40 times

Idk Brandon Spikes & Rey Maauluga got drafted around the 2nd/3rd round and ran worst 40 times

He's a Bengal in the making.
Originally posted by bulldog54:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
What's the story on Cornelious Washington?

Working on the right now, he tends to go unnoticed on film due to all the other talent they had on their defense. Halfway through one game know and have this:

stronger at POA than his counterpart Jones
physical specimen
plays special teams

Certainly strong
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS

RT @ProFootballTalk: Te'o blames slow 40 time on Combine stress http://wp.me/p14QSB-7qUt

OMG talk about taking something and blowing it totally out of proportion. Where in there does it say he blames running a slow 40 on the Combine??

But for what its worth Te'o has been running slow 40's since high school.

Neither of those guys had their own legions of paparazzi following them around basically 24/7. I can't wait until Teo's future teammates get asked how they feel about him making up a fake girlfriend and asking about any erratic behavior, strange fascinations with chubby Samoan's that he may have.......its going to be a circus, the media has dug its claws in and they aren't about to pull them out anytime soon.

He will be fine. Still late first round IMO.

Neither of those guys had their own legions of paparazzi following them around basically 24/7. I can't wait until Teo's future teammates get asked how they feel about him making up a fake girlfriend and asking about any erratic behavior, strange fascinations with chubby Samoan's that he may have.......its going to be a circus, the media has dug its claws in and they aren't about to pull them out anytime soon.
If he gets a dui or caught with drugs his career will be over the way people are looking at him
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

I highly doubt that. His first round shot went out the window. Too much uncertainty and weirdness involved, a lot of teams are also concerned about him being gay(no Culliver) and that he came out making excuses about his Combine performance rather than simply saying "Yep, I wasn't prepared. my bad" made it worse.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

RT @ProFootballTalk: Te'o blames slow 40 time on Combine stress http://wp.me/p14QSB-7qUt

OMG talk about taking something and blowing it totally out of proportion. Where in there does it say he blames running a slow 40 on the Combine??

"Today was just a long, long day." ........ Media interpretation............ "Manti still lives in a fantasy land and we blame him for all the bad things on this planet. One way or another we will beat him down until he pays for lying to his parents about having met his fake girlfriend."
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by gold49digger:

If he gets a dui or caught with drugs his career will be over the way people are looking at him

Well, its settled then he has nothing to worry about. I swear its like the world has turned on him or something. You people act like he got busted for marijuana, beat up his wife, assaulted a police officer, beat up his mom or shot himself in the foot at a night club.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

"Today was just a long, long day." ........ Media interpretation............ "Manti still lives in a fantasy land and we blame him for all the bad things on this planet. One way or another we will beat him down until he pays for lying to his parents about having met his fake girlfriend."

Media interpretation I agree. But if you watched the interview (not you but people that are taking this the wrong way), he said "Today was just a long, long day" at the end of his sentence. Not, I usually run my 40's in the 4.60-4.50 range, but i probably ran it slow cause it was a long long day....I swear talk about BS around here.

So we're gonna draft him