LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 366 users in the forums

Pre Combine Mock

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by juycho:
Maybe we should change our colors to blue and our name from 49ers to smurfs.

Relax, I will redo the draft later, and I promise not to have a short wide receiver in that redo.

Does that help?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

Relax, I will redo the draft later, and I promise not to have a short wide receiver in that redo.

Does that help?

It's ok, buck. Just think taller, bigger, faster.
  • cools
  • Veteran
This draft is pretty thin for big split end types, K.Allen would be great, but I doubt we move up for him

I like small school prospect/project A.Mellete, Elon later in the draft

maybe bring in an affordable free agent like L.Murphy, have him and Manningham share duties at SE
Crabs stays at flanker, Jenkins, Williams and a rookie as depth
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Does that help?

Taller, bigger, ok, but it is going to hard to find faster.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM ]
  • Riot
  • Veteran
I actually like the Austin pick. We'll likely move to more spread sets in the next few years in which explosive players in space are a huge asset. Tavon Austin can fill that role nicely.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cools:
This draft is pretty thin for big split end types, K.Allen would be great, but I doubt we move up for him

I like small school prospect/project A.Mellete, Elon later in the draft

maybe bring in an affordable free agent like L.Murphy, have him and Manningham share duties at SE
Crabs stays at flanker, Jenkins, Williams and a rookie as depth

I also like Mellte. Very productive player.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Does that help?

Taller, bigger, ok, but is going to hard to find faster.

Yeah, I hear you, but we should be able to find some 4.4 guys with size.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Maybe, we could draft Austin in the 2nd, and a bigger receiver later in the draft.

I just find Austin's explosiveness and versatility fascinating.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 14, 2013 at 12:12 PM ]

Maybe, we could draft Austin in the 2nd, and a bigger receiver later in the draft.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Thanks.

I guess it's back to the drawing board, my draft pool, to find a big, fast wide receiver that can be added.

I've seen far worse. I actually like Austin a lot and think he could be a real weapon for this team. I dont like Kelce at the top of the 3rd nor Hopkins in the 4th. WAY too high for both of those guys in my opinion.
Not liking it. Austin is too small. It'd be like picking Jenkins all over again. Let's wait and see how AJ does in year two before drafting a similar type of player that high.

Besides, if you want Buffalo's 2nd rounder, why not trade them Alex Smith and our 2nd pick straight up.

That way we could keep our 1st and get Datone Jones, DE 6-4, 280, UCLA.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I've seen far worse. I actually like Austin a lot and think he could be a real weapon for this team. I dont like Kelce at the top of the 3rd nor Hopkins in the 4th. WAY too high for both of those guys in my opinion.

Disagree with you on Kelce, who I think is going to surprise a lot of people with his 40 time at the combine, and the 3rd round looks about right for him (IMO). Definitely agree with you on Hopkins though.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blm7754:
Not liking it. Austin is too small. It'd be like picking Jenkins all over again. Let's wait and see how AJ does in year two before drafting a similar type of player that high.

Besides, if you want Buffalo's 2nd rounder, why not trade them Alex Smith and our 2nd pick straight up.

That way we could keep our 1st and get Datone Jones, DE 6-4, 280, UCLA.

I am not convinced that Buffalo wants Alex Smith. At least, I have not heard any solid rumors, if a rumor can be considered sold, about that.

I do not think that Tavon Austin and A.J. Jenkins are all that similar.

I think that unfortunately we are not going to be able to get a 3-4 defensive end at the beginning of this draft.
Sheldon Richardson will long gone, and I seriously doubt that Sharrif Floyd or Datone Jones will be on the board when we pick.
I doubt that we want to pay the cost to move up to get one of them.
They're not going to be drafting a receiver early. They need to tweak their defense. Everyone knows that. They're going to be drafting defensive line and backfield. Last year was offense. This year is defense. This year's draft is heavy with defensive linemen. They'll have early opportunities to get big, tall powerful d-linemen for the inside and the outside. They need depth and they need size. That's what's going to happen.
Share 49ersWebzone