There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pre Combine Mock

  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,025
Trade #1:

Trade Alex Smith to the Raiders for their 3rd round pick--#66
Raiders cannot afford to keep Carson Palmer, and Alex Smith wants to stay in the Bay Area.

Trade #2

Trade picks #31 and # 93(728 points) to Buffalo for picks #41 and #71(725 points.)
Buffalo trades back into the first to draft Ryan Nassib, QB from Syracuse.

Trade # 3

Our 5th and two 6th round picks (about 65.8 points) to Chicago for their 4th round pick (about 62 points.)
Chicago only has 5 picks in the draft and they want more picks.

Re-Sign: Dashon Goldson, Ricky Jean-Francois, and Larry Grant

Lost Free Agents: Ted Ginn, Leonard Davis, Randy Moss, Delanie Walker, Brandon Jacobs and Isaac Sopoaga

Cap Cuts: Parys Haralson (2.57 M), David Akers (3 M) Alex Smith—trade (6.5 M)

Free Agency: nadia, zilch, zero

2nd 41 BUF Tavon Austin WR West Virginia 5-09 175

2nd 61 SF Brandon Williams NT Missouri Southern St 6-2 340

3rd 66 Oak Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati 6-5 260

3rd 71 BUF Darius Slay CB Mississippi St 6-1 190

3rd 74 CAR Bernie Logan DE LSU 6-3 295

4th ?? CHI David Bass OLB Missouri Western 6-3 262

4th ?? SF Dustin Hopkins K Florida St 6-2 190

7th ?? CIN Manase Foketi OT West Texas A&M 6-5 320

7th ?? SF Kapron Lewis-Moore DE Notre Dame 6-4 306

UDFA:

1. Armonty Bryant OLB East Central U 6-4 250
2. Jared Smith DE New Hampshire 6-3 302
3. Quanterus Smith OLB Western Kentucky 6-5 250
4. Sean Renfree QB Duke 6-4 225
Lots of Dline and OLB that would be a defensive haul. QB, Kicker, TAckle, Wr all secured and those are our weakspots. Hopefully we will get some solid backups that are trainig to take over their spots.
Originally posted by buck:
Trade #1:

Trade Alex Smith to the Raiders for their 3rd round pick--#66
Raiders cannot afford to keep Carson Palmer, and Alex Smith wants to stay in the Bay Area.

Trade #2

Trade picks #31 and # 93(728 points) to Buffalo for picks #41 and #71(725 points.)
Buffalo trades back into the first to draft Ryan Nassib, QB from Syracuse.

Trade # 3

Our 5th and two 6th round picks (about 65.8 points) to Chicago for their 4th round pick (about 62 points.)
Chicago only has 5 picks in the draft and they want more picks.

Re-Sign: Dashon Goldson, Ricky Jean-Francois, and Larry Grant

Lost Free Agents: Ted Ginn, Leonard Davis, Randy Moss, Delanie Walker, Brandon Jacobs and Isaac Sopoaga

Cap Cuts: Parys Haralson (2.57 M), David Akers (3 M) Alex Smith—trade (6.5 M)

Free Agency: nadia, zilch, zero

2nd 41 BUF Tavon Austin WR West Virginia 5-09 175

2nd 61 SF Brandon Williams NT Missouri Southern St 6-2 340

3rd 66 Oak Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati 6-5 260

3rd 71 BUF Darius Slay CB Mississippi St 6-1 190

3rd 74 CAR Bernie Logan DE LSU 6-3 295

4th ?? CHI David Bass OLB Missouri Western 6-3 262

4th ?? SF Dustin Hopkins K Florida St 6-2 190

7th ?? CIN Manase Foketi OT West Texas A&M 6-5 320

7th ?? SF Kapron Lewis-Moore DE Notre Dame 6-4 306

UDFA:

1. Armonty Bryant OLB East Central U 6-4 250
2. Jared Smith DE New Hampshire 6-3 302
3. Quanterus Smith OLB Western Kentucky 6-5 250
4. Sean Renfree QB Duke 6-4 225

No............
I guess I don't understand why they would expend their first pick on a smallish receiver when they've already got K Williams, Manningham and Jenkins to work on during the off season.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I guess I don't understand why they would expend their first pick on a smallish receiver when they've already got K Williams, Manningham and Jenkins to work on during the off season.

.......because Tavon Austin could be Percy Harvin 2.0 without the migraines, bad attitude and $ 8 million per year contract till later.
More like the next Darren Sproles.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I guess I don't understand why they would expend their first pick on a smallish receiver when they've already got K Williams, Manningham and Jenkins to work on during the off season.

.......because Tavon Austin could be Percy Harvin 2.0 without the migraines, bad attitude and $ 8 million per year contract till later.


I'd prefer we went bigger at WR. Someone who would pose more of a redzone threat. But I understand your thinking as well.
If we don't take a receiver who stands at least 6'3" I will scream.
Tavon Austin - smurfs get hurt.
armonty bryant will be drafted, probably pretty high--he isnt a undfa--
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,025
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I guess I don't understand why they would expend their first pick on a smallish receiver when they've already got K Williams, Manningham and Jenkins to work on during the off season.

Austin is the most explosive player in this draft, by far. These are the explosive plays, he has had in the last three years.

30 + Yds 57 plays
40 + Yds 33 plays
50 + Yds 16 plays
60 + Yds 12 plays
70 + Yds 10 plays
80 + Yds 4 plays
90 + Yds 3 plays

In the last three years, he has played in 39 games. It really seems that he has not missed a game.

Not only is he quick and fast, but he is also tough.

edit: Manningham, Williams, and Jenkins have not really been all that productive.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 13, 2013 at 9:17 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,025
Originally posted by hofer36:
armonty bryant will be drafted, probably pretty high--he isnt a undfa--


Based upon his skill set and production, he should be drafted, and in my opinion in at least the third round.

But, he got busted for felonious distribution of weed. That felony charge, and it is still hanging over his head, is going to hurt his stock.
edit: if he screws up again, he goes straight to prison, and he does not pass goal.

He was not invited to either the Senior Bowl or the Combine.

Those snubs, if you will, seem to indicate that his character isses are going to hurt him.

We will see what happens. I would not mind if we drafted him on the third day.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 13, 2013 at 9:11 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,025
Originally posted by 60sfan:
No............

yes......
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,644
We don't need anymore smurf recievers. Got to go with size and speed at WR.