LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

pd24's Mock Draft

• pd24
  • Veteran
1 Datone Jones DE - D-Line Depth and can rotate with Smith and McDonald and can become a starter

2 Bacarri Rambo FS - COuld replace Whitner soon is ready to play

3 (Alex Smith Trade to KC) Justin Hunter WR - WR depth, Big fast target

3 Sylvester Williams DT - D-Line Depth and could replace someone in a year or 2

3 Landry Jones QB - Back up QB, Big arm, Good size, Harbaugh tried to get him at Stanford

3 (Comp pick) Tyrann Mathieu CB - Can cover slot

4 Tharold Simon CB - Big CB from SEC

5 Travis Long OLB - Depth at OLB, Solid player and a decent pass rusher

5 Cierre Wood RB - Gore is getting older, has good size to be an every down back with Hunter and LMJ

6 Josh Boyd DT - More D-line depth

6 T.J. Barnes DT/NT - a real big dude, will need to be coached up

7Ray Ray Armstrong SS - Worht a shot, has great height, weight, speed will be good on ST

7 Zach Boren FB - Played LB also, good back up and ST to replace Dixon

7 (Comp pick)Ryan Griffin TE- Big TE that can block and catch

7 (Comp pick)Roger Gaines OT - Just threw him in
Thank you for the drafts views you have. It will be interesting to see what Baalke does.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Nice job, pd. Looks good.
I think 3rd round is too high for Mathieu, he still has coverage problems. I wouldn't mind taking him later though.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like your Hunter and Jones picks.
If we end up having 4 3rd round picks... I'd like to see one of them be an OT. We are dangerously thin at the most important offensive position after QB. We need to develop a swing tackle so that we can keep Boone fixed at RG (where he is very good).
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blm7754:
If we end up having 4 3rd round picks... I'd like to see one of them be an OT. We are dangerously thin at the most important offensive position after QB. We need to develop a swing tackle so that we can keep Boone fixed at RG (where he is very good).

I see what you are saying, but I just viewed this draft as a tool to fix the defense, get Kaep andther weapon, and another young QB to groom. I think we can get by 1 more year with signing lower leval FA's for back uo O line spots and hit it harder in the next draft. It's fun to play the guessing game during draft time and play GM, I don't think the draft falls like the mock I put up, but I wouldn't be upset if it did. We have a top defense, if we invest heavily in the draft to get starters and rotation players, we should have a better defense than we did the last 2 years.
Love your first 4 picks. Hate Mathieu and Landry Jones in the 3rd. Way too many questions on the Honey Badger to take him that early, and I've never been impressed with Landry Jones.
Not allowed to post topics yet, but what do you guys think of Walterfootball's 4 round mock?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_4.php

31. Joathan Cyprien, S, FIU
61. Margus Hunt, DT/DE, SMU
74. Aaron Dobson, WR Marshall
93. Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
125. Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB,Florda State
I'd love it if we got Datone Jones. Will he become too popular to where he won't be around when we pick? Seems like there will be a massive run on defensive lineman early in the draft.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Love your first 4 picks. Hate Mathieu and Landry Jones in the 3rd. Way too many questions on the Honey Badger to take him that early, and I've never been impressed with Landry Jones.

Landry would be ideal as strictly a backup. Don't care much for the Honey Badger.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 12, 2013 at 3:18 PM ]
Started strong with your first few picks and then fizzled. Hate Landry and Mathieu in the 3rd. We dont need to draft a QB in the 3rd, four defensive lineman, and a fullback; The Niners need to get a VERY good corner and a better pass rusher than what you have here in my opinion.
My favorite mock yet. I don't think Hunter will last til the third though and you also forgot our future kicker Dustin Hopkins, arguably our biggest need!
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Not allowed to post topics yet, but what do you guys think of Walterfootball's 4 round mock?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_4.php

31. Joathan Cyprien, S, FIU
61. Margus Hunt, DT/DE, SMU
74. Aaron Dobson, WR Marshall
93. Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
125. Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB,Florda State

This guy does a new mock every 3 days or so. He cant pick games as a handicapper anymore, I think he just does mocks to get people to come to his dying website and he may need to get a real job.

To the OP, I like Rambo, think we take him in the 2nd?
[ Edited by frozen49er on Feb 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone