There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pass Rushers

I for one will say I was disappointed Bruce Irvin did not fall to the Niners last year. However with the horrific postseason this team had getting after the quarterback I believe there is not a better time to address the need. Jarvis Jones will be drafed well ahead of the 31st pick, but isn't there another option that may fall to us? Or should the team trade up? Is there really a need for another pass rusher or is it just me?
Team is in need for depth/youth at alot of positions. We can't continue to play 12 players on defense for an entire season. We need rotation players at DT,DE,OLB,CB and safety.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Team is in need for depth/youth at alot of positions. We can't continue to play 12 players on defense for an entire season. We need rotation players at DT,DE,OLB,CB and safety.

I completely agree with you. If Haralson sticks around then I believe the defensive line will be addressed in the first round. Baalke could do anything with the number of picks this year, I would not be surprised if he decides to move up a few slots for one of the stud ends (3-4 end) or pass rushers in the first round.
Thoughts on Chase Thomas? Would love to grab him in the 4th if he's still there. Not every player has to be an athletic superfreak.
Personally, I think that the plays of our DTs this year was the difference.. When we were putting pressure up the gut last year, we were able to constantly harrass the QB from he outside.. This year, our DTs did not do much as a pass rusher and just look at how Flacco was able to stepped up of the pocket and launch a bomb..

In my opinion, we should go after DTs after DTs and just like the old Bill Walsh's day, rotate them so that the starter will be fresh late in the 4th qtr.
I have a feeling Darius Fleming will be a pleasant surprise for us next year.

I also like Carradine from FSU in the 3rd or 4th.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Feb 10, 2013 at 9:30 PM ]
cornellius washington!!!!
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
cornellius washington!!!!

He only had a half sack in 14 games and never more than 5 in a season. I dont know anything else about him so can you tell me what excites you about him? Potential?
I like Cornellius Carradine. 11 sacks and 13 TFL in 12 games and also had 5.5 sacks and 8 TFL the year before.
I REALLY think we should try and trade up for Sheldon Richardson. I think he's the best guy for replacing Justin smith when smith is done.
Originally posted by Mann716:
I REALLY think we should try and trade up for Sheldon Richardson. I think he's the best guy for replacing Justin smith when smith is done.

He's a dream pick. Three Missouri guys on the front line. All the mocks have him going between 5-15. Would take a bundle to get him.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
We have a guy on the roster now who will be pretty good going into next season. Cam Johnson will be a good pass rusher.
Can never have too many pass rushers.... Getting 1 quality pass rusher should be something we try to adress in just about every draft... Doesn't have to be an early pick... We should be playing with a lead more often next season right ?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I have a feeling Darius Fleming will be a pleasant surprise for us next year.

I also like Carradine from FSU in the 3rd or 4th.

I agree with both.