Originally posted by matt49er:
Understanding how talented Lattimore is and how much value he represents the question that comes to my mind is why would the 49ers draft him before the late rounds? Gore/Hunter/LMJ are all we need at RB and with needs on the DL, secondary, WR, K, I see no reason to draft another RB to sit on the inactive list each week?
1. Injurys do Happen(see Hunter)
2. Hunter is coming off an acheles injury. Who knows if/when he will fully recover.
3. While gore is still a top back he is getting up there in age.
4. LMJ is not, nor will he ever be the type of back i want to carry the load every down.
5. Even with the three backs, we carried Jacobs nearly all season on the inactive list
6. In the 3rd round Lattimore offers extreme value.