There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stones first 2013 9ers Mock

I am traveling and figured this would b a great time to do my Pre Combine Mock.
This draft will be nothing sexy and contains no Comp picks or trades. Very quick look.
Here We Go.
Rd1 Desmond Trufant CB Wash
Rd2 Michael Buchanan DE/OLB Illinois
Rd3 Travares King Wr Georgia
Rd3 Brian Schwenke C Cal
Rd4 Joe Kruger DE Utah
Rd5 JJ Wilcox S Georgia Southern
Rd5 Keenan Davis Wr Iowa
Rd6 Chase Thomas OLB Stanford
Rd6 Cierre Wood RB Notre D
Rd7 Gilbert Pena DT Mississippi
Rd7 Dustan Hopkins PK Fla St

There it is guys and gals. Rip it apart;).
[ Edited by stonecold590 on Feb 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wow what did Chase Thomas do to drop that far?
Dont like it. Sorry, I think you have Buchanan, King, Schwenke. Kruger all drafted a round or two higher than where they will probably go. I also dont like that you neglect the DL early which I feel is a huge priority for this team. I just think there would be much better options in rounds 2-4.
As i said this is an early mock. Which will change alot after the combine and FA. But it isnt a popularity mock.
In the end we will end up drafting 8-9 players total with trading up and trading out.
I really like trufant
Why are we taking another lightweight offensive lineman?
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Why are we taking another lightweight offensive lineman?

I agree. Why are we taking any lineman. We are young and we have a number of backups (looney, kilgore, wiggins, etc.) ready to take the next step.
Decent mock. As an ND fan I'd swap Riddick for wood though. Riddick hits the holes quickly and breaks tackles. Wood does too much dancing and normally goes down after the first contact.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Dont like it. Sorry, I think you have Buchanan, King, Schwenke. Kruger all drafted a round or two higher than where they will probably go. I also dont like that you neglect the DL early which I feel is a huge priority for this team. I just think there would be much better options in rounds 2-4.

Co-sign. The DL is the biggest priority along with the secondary and waiting till round 4 is too late when you have this many picks. Do like the Trufant and Wilcox picks to enhance the secondary.

By the way, why do think Chase Thomas drops to the sixth round? For a 4-3 team maybe, but he is a much better value to a 3-4 teams.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Feb 9, 2013 at 4:54 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home