There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Thoughts on Sylvester Williams.

Hes about 6'3" 315 and seems to be slipping to the second round. Do you guys think he could fit our defense very well or more suited as a 4-3 DT? Too many nightmares from Balmer to get another DT from UNC?
I know everyone likes Datone Jones but which fits the 3-4 better?
I wouldn't be against him in the 2nd especially since some teams like to do nothing but run 3 or 4 wr sets trying to force us to choose between Willis or Bowman for which to leave on the field.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Hes about 6'3" 315 and seems to be slipping to the second round. Do you guys think he could fit our defense very well or more suited as a 4-3 DT? Too many nightmares from Balmer to get another DT from UNC?
I know everyone likes Datone Jones but which fits the 3-4 better?

Jones....
I've seen on some sites that Sylvester Williams could play the nose. What do people think of that?
I'm a big UNC fan and Williams is either great or nowhere to be seen. He has some focus issues IMO, would be a nice pickup in the 2nd round though
Originally posted by matt49er:
I'm a big UNC fan and Williams is either great or nowhere to be seen. He has some focus issues IMO, would be a nice pickup in the 2nd round though

Heck that sounds exactly like what they said about Kentwant Balmex when he came out of UNC. PASS!
Should you really pick a guy who can't get motivated to play in the NFL?

Past examples? Balmer, Woods, Coffee...
Jones is a better fit and player. Draft Jones
datone jones in the 1st and sylvester with the first 3rd! book it!
Originally posted by matt49er:
I'm a big UNC fan and Williams is either great or nowhere to be seen. He has some focus issues IMO, would be a nice pickup in the 2nd round though


Balmer had the same issue when he was coming out. Boom or bust. UNC has NFL type players every year...I haven't seen a ton of his games or film. I'ma Jenkins or Williams fan
Originally posted by suckafree17:
Balmer had the same issue when he was coming out. Boom or bust. UNC has NFL type players every year...I haven't seen a ton of his games or film. I'ma Jenkins or Williams fan

Sly is def better than Balmer ever was, he can play but has motor issues, I just don't see him fitting into our DL. Now if he's available in the 2nd round then he's worth it, not a 1st rounder though.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Sly is def better than Balmer ever was, he can play but has motor issues, I just don't see him fitting into our DL. Now if he's available in the 2nd round then he's worth it, not a 1st rounder though.

I never like hearing that about any player. That's right at the top of the list when it comes to identifying potential bust's.


I'd like to see Datone Jones in the 1st, Brandon Williams in the 2nd or early third, an another DE, a real high effort guy with good size such as Baker Steinkuhler in the later rounds.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Sly is def better than Balmer ever was, he can play but has motor issues, I just don't see him fitting into our DL. Now if he's available in the 2nd round then he's worth it, not a 1st rounder though.

I never like hearing that about any player. That's right at the top of the list when it comes to identifying potential bust's.


I'd like to see Datone Jones in the 1st, Brandon Williams in the 2nd or early third, an another DE, a real high effort guy with good size such as Baker Steinkuhler in the later rounds.

I really like the idea of Kapron Lewis-Moore in the 6th or 7th. Guy tears his ACL and will miss all of the pre-draft workouts and so he's dropped far and even off of a lot of draft boards, but the kid can play. And at 6'4" 306, he'd be a great fit as a rotational DE and could eventually become a solid starter IMO. Wouldn't be a terrible idea with a late round pick. Take a chance on this guy!