LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Would you draft Manti Te'o if he slipped to the 3rd or 4th round??

• MarkD
  • Veteran
No he would be a distraction and the talent does not out weight that coupled with his immaturity.
Originally posted by MarkD:
No he would be a distraction and the talent does not out weight that coupled with his immaturity.

How would he be a distraction? By the time the season starts all this "controversy" will be ancient history. He's shown lots of maturity since this happened.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:

How would he be a distraction? By the time the season starts all this "controversy" will be ancient history. He's shown lots of maturity since this happened.

This whole thing has been a distraction. People will be asking and question this for a hell of a long time. The media will not let it go because the thrive on negativity. It gives them more news etc and so on. It has been 3 months and the media is still obsessing about the story.

This whole thing has been a distraction. People will be asking and question this for a hell of a long time. The media will not let it go because the thrive on negativity. It gives them more news etc and so on. It has been 3 months and the media is still obsessing about the story.

But after seeing how hes been handling himself and saying the right things in Combine interviews this won't even be talked about anymore when he's in the NFL.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

How will that affect Te'o's attitude toward the game, teammates and work ethic?? All Te'o wants to do is get past this stupid story, yes its embarrassing and his teammates will sure as hell mess with him about it, but in no way will it affect the team. My brother-n-law has played with Te'o and my co-worker is a real good friend of his family and Te'o in no way is a bad kid, naive, sure, but that doesn't make him a bad person.
He is going to be a first round pick when its all said and done. Chicago and Baltimore are 2 teams that need to replace MLB stars and Te'o would fit right in for those clubs.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
He is going to be a first round pick when its all said and done. Chicago and Baltimore are 2 teams that need to replace MLB stars and Te'o would fit right in for those clubs.

I could see him go as high as #8 to Buffalo.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I say Chicago, no way he falls to the 32nd pick (where we were suppose to be, no I won't let it go just yet). Besides, I'd hate to cheer him on as a Raven.....Fugg the Ravens!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I say Chicago, no way he falls to the 32nd pick (where we were suppose to be, no I won't let it go just yet). Besides, I'd hate to cheer him on as a Raven.....Fugg the Ravens!!!!

Cincy and Tampa as well. Chargers could also upgrade for Takeo Spikes but they will most likely go Oline. Also, Denver has Old man Keith Brooking playing LB. Don't know if it's inside or out though. Te'o won't make it out of the first.
He can play any LB position in a 4-3 or 3-4.

According to ESPN's Todd McShay, Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o ran forty times of 4.71 and 4.75 at the Irish Pro Day Tuesday.

He also repped 225 pounds 21 times on the bench. Te'o's forty times are an improvement on his 4.81 at the Combine, but that's typical for prospects running on faster Pro Day surfaces. NFL teams may even tack on a half-tenth of a second if they deem Notre Dame's surface a "fast track."
Not hard to tell we're now in that lull...after the main FA period and before the draft.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Not hard to tell we're now in that lull...after the main FA period and before the draft.
The Pro Day's are just about over as well so now we will see the same mock draft's over and over and bad QB's get alot of buzz and rise fly up the boards...
Share 49ersWebzone