There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*Updated 2/23* Idaho's Draft 3.0 Post Senior/Super bowl

If the rumors a re true, looks like i hit on my second round pick prediction for AS.

Make it happen balkie. Thomas and Alford in the second.
Funny, I stopped reading after you traded Smith for a 2nd. Will re-read
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

Im sure alot of people did. I was called crazy in alot of threads around here. Have been saying we would get Atleast a second round value for months.
Good call, happy to be wrong. But you forgot to mention the future pick(s)
Looks like we will get two 2nds one is 2013 and one potential pick in 2014. Baalke is a good negotiator. You did a good job predicting it as well. Now that the combine is over any adjustments in your picks?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

Im sure alot of people did. I was called crazy in alot of threads around here. Have been saying we would get Atleast a second round value for months.

he was dead on, kinda thought it was fishy niners settled so fast so it had to be good value.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Looks like we will get two 2nds one is 2013 and one potential pick in 2014. Baalke is a good negotiator. You did a good job predicting it as well. Now that the combine is over any adjustments in your picks?

Actually there are reports of 4 pics now, so who really knows, but it does look certain we will get their 2nd round this year.

I actually modified this draft slightly on the 23rd instad of making a new thread. Some minor spot adjustments, and Added Ace Sanders and JJ wilcox.
Ben Obaseki went to a UDFA Prospect(really like the kid, would be willing to use a 7th on him, but ultimately he will go undrafted) and dropped Mellette(really like him as well, but Kaufman could add better value where he will be drafted, though i would still be thrilled if we draft Mellette).

My First four pics are pretty much set in stone if we were to stay put, and the chips fall like i think they will.

The one guy that impressed me at RB was Knile Davis. I wouldnt be opposed to taking him in say the 4th and not taking Lattimore.

Overall my draft will probably not change much, im pretty content ith its current form. the only thing i would fiddle with would be the RB or WR's taken, but the general area where i would be looking to take one would stay the same.
I know you are content with your mock draft as it is. Do you predict much movement up or down by Baalke when it comes to trade time?
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I know you are content with your mock draft as it is. Do you predict much movement up or down by Baalke when it comes to trade time?

I could see some trading back, or up into the 2-4 rounds. Alot of solid players to be had in those rounds.

Now tat we ave the early second, i would be opposed to moving back out of the first if it looks like we can still target a NT with that early second, and pick up another second and a 3rd/4th, whatever the value adds up too. I think NT is the biggest need right now, and should be filled ASAP.

If we could trade back into the mid second, pick up Jenkin or another top NT with the early second, get Thomas in the mid second, Get Alford with our original second, and pick up a third, that would be ideal.

I dont see us trading up into the first unless there is a player that really really intrigues them. Its always better to drop back and gain more pics if you can.

I do however expect us to have a pretty good size draft class. We certainly do/will have a sizable amout of holes to fill.