There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*Updated 2/23* Idaho's Draft 3.0 Post Senior/Super bowl

So it appears a deal has been made for AS.

We will see how close my predition is.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
So it appears a deal has been made for AS.

We will see how close my predition is.

Mark Harrison was blowing up today at the Combine. Don't think he'll be undrafted anymore after this. 4.47 40 at 230+ pounds is no joke. I can see him winding up in the 6th round area, would love to have him, he's similar in many ways to Delanie when he was coming out, just much better size.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
So it appears a deal has been made for AS.

We will see how close my predition is.

Mark Harrison was blowing up today at the Combine. Don't think he'll be undrafted anymore after this. 4.47 40 at 230+ pounds is no joke. I can see him winding up in the 6th round area, would love to have him, he's similar in many ways to Delanie when he was coming out, just much better size.

Yea. He definately upped his draft stock today. May have secured being drafted, I wouldnt be mad spending a 6th/7th on him, thats for sure. I just want a big target from the later rounds.

weather that Mellette, Kaufman, or Harrison, i dont really care much. would be happy with any of them.

Did you check out my other UDFA, late round prospects?
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Feb 24, 2013 at 6:17 PM ]
No Mont St players this year?
Nice mock Idaho. I don't care to much for the Jenkins pick. I think he lacks the technique to compete on the next level but the rest of the picks are solid. William Gholston is so intriguing. Whats your opinion on him?
Originally posted by stonecold590:
No Mont St players this year?

Not after i got my heart broken with Elvis.

In all seriousness, i like Caleb Schreibeis DE. Hes a bit of a tweener, position wise.

Actually was gonna add him as a small school UDFA prospect, but forgot all about it. Thanks for reminding me.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Yea. He definately upped his draft stock today. May have secured being drafted, I wouldnt be mad spending a 6th/7th on him, thats for sure. I just want a big target from the later rounds.

weather that Mellette, Kaufman, or Harrison, i dont really care much. would be happy with any of them.

Did you check out my other UDFA, late round prospects?

Not yet, I'll go look now.


As far as Harrison, I wouldn't complain one bit if they took him in the 6th or 7th, a big target like that is always nice to have and could be developed into a H-back type of player, just like Walker was.
Another small school UDFA prospect. Caleb Schreibeis-DE-Montana state- 6-2, 255, Sr. But of a tweener possition wise, but possibly a good prospect for tomsula to ork on. he has a great motor and absolutely dominated his competition. Buck Buchanon award winner, Last seson set a school record 8 FF and had 7 hurries, 12.5 sacks,and 15 TFL's

https
Originally posted by eonblue:
Nice mock Idaho. I don't care to much for the Jenkins pick. I think he lacks the technique to compete on the next level but the rest of the picks are solid. William Gholston is so intriguing. Whats your opinion on him?

Thanks man

As far as Gholston goes, he is a great prospect for tomsula. Good kid off the field, but straight nasty on it. He will have to temper that back a bit in the NFL. needs some work, and needs to control his mental state on the football field. relys alot of his physical gifts and will need to develop some better fundamentals an techniques, but IMO he would be a great guy to have tomsula and Smith take under their wings.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
We will need more than 6 players from the draft to fill roster holes. 6 players will not fill the holes we will have this offseason. I fully expect alot of pics to be made. We will needs of 2 wr's, a TE, DE depth, NT, CB, S, OL, OLB depth, and a Kicker.

Alfords size is not an issue. He elevates very well and can play the ball at its highest point with the best of the CB's in this draft. He also adds good ST value.

We do not need a RB that will play this year. We have Gore, Hunter, LMJ, and Hampton. Lattimore could sit the bench and fully recover. He was the best back in the counrty before his injury, and if he falls to the third he would be a steal. Modern medicine is a beautiful thing, and Gore did alright, as well as other backs whp had signifigant college injurys.

I'm looking at the possibility of 10 rookies added to this roster. There's going to be a lot of holes to fill, not necessarily huge ones like replacing some backups, but still, they need to fill those spots and there's no cheaper way to pickup a backup ILB, a backup CB, a kicker, than in the draft. They also have to upgrade certain spots such as NT, DE and so on so I have no trouble seeing them utilizing a great deal of these picks. If they get a 3rd for Alex, that would be awesome as that is another top player that can be added to the roster.


I do like Alford a lot, I think he can be a very good CB but if they're looking for a CB, there's plenty that will be around between the 2nd-4th round range, guys like Leon McFadden, Terry Hawthorne, Logan Ryan and more.


As far as RB goes, getting that additional pick for Alex might allow for the luxury of drafting Lattimore and letting him recover and get game ready. I'm also quite a proponent of drafting Dennis Johnson, I think he's got the full spectrum of ability, able receiver, able pass blocker, good physical north-south runner that would be a complement to both Hunter and James.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
We will need more than 6 players from the draft to fill roster holes. 6 players will not fill the holes we will have this offseason. I fully expect alot of pics to be made. We will needs of 2 wr's, a TE, DE depth, NT, CB, S, OL, OLB depth, and a Kicker.

Alfords size is not an issue. He elevates very well and can play the ball at its highest point with the best of the CB's in this draft. He also adds good ST value.

We do not need a RB that will play this year. We have Gore, Hunter, LMJ, and Hampton. Lattimore could sit the bench and fully recover. He was the best back in the counrty before his injury, and if he falls to the third he would be a steal. Modern medicine is a beautiful thing, and Gore did alright, as well as other backs whp had signifigant college injurys.

I'm looking at the possibility of 10 rookies added to this roster. There's going to be a lot of holes to fill, not necessarily huge ones like replacing some backups, but still, they need to fill those spots and there's no cheaper way to pickup a backup ILB, a backup CB, a kicker, than in the draft. They also have to upgrade certain spots such as NT, DE and so on so I have no trouble seeing them utilizing a great deal of these picks. If they get a 3rd for Alex, that would be awesome as that is another top player that can be added to the roster.


I do like Alford a lot, I think he can be a very good CB but if they're looking for a CB, there's plenty that will be around between the 2nd-4th round range, guys like Leon McFadden, Terry Hawthorne, Logan Ryan and more.


As far as RB goes, getting that additional pick for Alex might allow for the luxury of drafting Lattimore and letting him recover and get game ready. I'm also quite a proponent of drafting Dennis Johnson, I think he's got the full spectrum of ability, able receiver, able pass blocker, good physical north-south runner that would be a complement to both Hunter and James.

Dennis Johnson is intrigueing, as is the other kid from arkansas Knile Davis. I admit knile davis wasnt on my radar as much as he should have been, after that 40 time i wtched some film and the guy has talent.

Check out the videos of the guys from small schools i posted up. im interested in hearing your opionions on the CB Walker and the three DE's. Jefferson translates more to OLB than DE.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Feb 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
No Mont St players this year?

Not after i got my heart broken with Elvis.

In all seriousness, i like Caleb Schreibeis DE. Hes a bit of a tweener, position wise.

Actually was gonna add him as a small school UDFA prospect, but forgot all about it. Thanks for reminding me.

Caleb is not going to play football anymore. He is leaving the sport.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
No Mont St players this year?

Not after i got my heart broken with Elvis.

In all seriousness, i like Caleb Schreibeis DE. Hes a bit of a tweener, position wise.

Actually was gonna add him as a small school UDFA prospect, but forgot all about it. Thanks for reminding me.

Caleb is not going to play football anymore. He is leaving the sport.

Is he? I had not heard that. Could you give me an article to read? What are his reasons?

Have to scratch him off the UDFA list i guess.
http://www.ktvq.com/mobile/news/msu-s-schreibeis-to-forgo-nfl/
Good for him for starting his career. I tought he had a real shot at making it in the NFL.