There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

14 draft picks

We wont use them all on selections. We'll stockpile for next yr. with some. That being I see us using picks to target Sheldon Richardson and moving back up to grab the best corner then depth at the dl,pass-rusherwr,ol,te
What u thimk?
We have a lot of needs on D and some on Offense. We need another pass rusher,cornerbacks,DT,Wideout,and Back up QB, A replacement for Gore,TE,and a center.
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
We wont use them all on selections. We'll stockpile for next yr. with some. That being I see us using picks to target Sheldon Richardson and moving back up to grab the best corner then depth at the dl,pass-rusherwr,ol,te
What u thimk?

I disagree with this stockpiling notion....stockpiling for what exactly? This team is in its prime right now, they should be loading up to win it all next year. I feel like they should add at least 9 guys through the draft because they'll have that many holes to fill. They can garner additional picks next year by trading down here and there but they need to solidify the roster and there's a lot of spots that are potentially major weaknesses.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
What u thimk?

I disagree with this stockpiling notion....stockpiling for what exactly? This team is in its prime right now, they should be loading up to win it all next year. I feel like they should add at least 9 guys through the draft because they'll have that many holes to fill. They can garner additional picks next year by trading down here and there but they need to solidify the roster and there's a lot of spots that are potentially major weaknesses.

Agreed.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I want entertain the idea of having great position next year in the draft but I think that this might be the best way to go.
we need to address CB depth, Rogers had a average year and Brock is dreadful.
Trent may get a few for the following season BUT I feel he'll make moves to win ASAP.

That said, we need a REAL rotation for the DLine. It's no secret that the D perfromance slipped when Justin went out n the Pats game. BUT there were signs of fatigue before that. We can't have a rotation unless we have players to rotate. IMO drop kick Tuk & Dobbs and draft a NT, DE that can contribute effectively from day One.

Pick up a quality DE in Free Agency or draft another DE. We need 2 DE to develop. One to eventually replace Justin and the other to effectively rotate.

Draft a cover corner.

Draft a BIG, fast WR. No more little guys - we've got that base covered. We need a BIG WR who can stretch the field and be a red zone target.

Draft a Safety - Whittner look slow.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Trent may get a few for the following season BUT I feel he'll make moves to win ASAP.

That said, we need a REAL rotation for the DLine. It's no secret that the D perfromance slipped when Justin went out n the Pats game. BUT there were signs of fatigue before that. We can't have a rotation unless we have players to rotate. IMO drop kick Tuk & Dobbs and draft a NT, DE that can contribute effectively from day One.

Pick up a quality DE in Free Agency or draft another DE. We need 2 DE to develop. One to eventually replace Justin and the other to effectively rotate.

Draft a cover corner.

Draft a BIG, fast WR. No more little guys - we've got that base covered. We need a BIG WR who can stretch the field and be a red zone target.

I don't know if he looks slow but he's piss poor in coverage. I say move Goldson to SS and draft a FS
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
we need to address CB depth, Rogers had a average year and Brock is dreadful.

Brock? The guy was barely on the field. It was Culliver's horrific performance yesterday and in front of the mic on Media day along with Donte Whitner that lost us a shot at world title.
Richardson will be long, long gone. I'd be surprised if he is not a top ten pick.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Brock? The guy was barely on the field. It was Culliver's horrific performance yesterday and in front of the mic on Media day along with Donte Whitner that lost us a shot at world title.

Hard to blame the CB's when Flacco has 11 seconds to literally walk around back there and pick his targets, the pass rush was atrocious, even when they got hands on him, they were having trouble bringing him down, it was pretty awful.
Culliver is this year's KW.
Originally posted by ninergold:
Culliver is this year's KW.

Disagree with that, corners are going to get burnt every now and then, on the Jacoby Jones touchdown why did Whitner sit on the short route when clearly we had it covered?? While Culliver didn't play the greatest game of his career, comparing him to Kyle Williams' performance last year isn't even a comparison.

As far as the draft is concerned, Harbaugh and Baalke need to evaluate the team and figure out what the missing pieces to the puzzle are. I would start with a solid cover corner, then d line depth, after that the best safety available that could come in and compete with whitner, a big bodied wide reciever, and then a kicker is where I would start. And I agree our time is now and I feel that in the draft we will see the niners trading up to get the guys that they feel fit the teams needs the best, and i think we need to get guys that can come in and make an impact RIGHT AWAY.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Draft a cover corner.

I don't know if he looks slow but he's piss poor in coverage. I say move Goldson to SS and draft a FS
I've been saying this for weeks. Goldson is great in run support, a solid hitter, and is above average in coverage. Adding a ball hawking FS would definitely upgrade the secondary.
The question of the stockpiled picks this year is very easy in my opinion. Just keep trading up. Package a 2nd and a 4th and move up a few spots. Package a 3rd and a 5th and move up. Whatever the combination, if they can find someone who wants to move down, just keep packaging the picks.

The Niners do have a lot of needs, but they need quality, not quantity.

This is off because they didn't win, but it puts us in the ball park. And this doesn't even count what they get IF they can trade Alex Smith

1st 32
2nd 64
3rd 74 (CAR)
3rd 96
4th 128
4th Comp
5th 152 (Indy)
5th 160
6th 172 Mia
6th 189
7th 214 Cincy
7th 224
7th Comp
7th Comp

Just keep packaging them together and making a sequence of trades to keep moving up.