OLB- Parys Haralson- Cut
WR- Randy Moss
OG- Leonard Davis
OLB- Clark Haggins
MLB- Larry Grant
WR- Ted Ginn

Re-sign:

FS- Dashon Goldson 5 yrs, 40 mil, 21 guaranteed
Goldson is too valuable to our team and we don't have anyone who can replace him. I think he will take over for Whitner at SS after next season and we draft his replacement at FS.

TE- Delanie Walker 3 yrs, 7.5 mil
NT- Issac Sopoago 1 yr, 2.5 mil
DE- Ricky Jean Francois 3 yrs, 2.7 mil (300K per year raise from last year)
CB- Tramaine Brock 3 yrs, 2.5 mil
MLB- Tavares Gooden 1 yr, 800k
OG- Leonard Davis 1 yr, 800k

Trade:

-Alex Smith and our 5th to the Cleveland Browns for a 2013 3rd round pick (68th overall)

Sign:

WR- Greg Jennings. GB 2 yrs, 8.5 mil
With receivers such as Bowe, Welker, Wallace, Amendola and Hartline all expected to hit the market there might not be enough suitors for Jennings. Jennings would be the perfect WR to start opposite Crabtree. He runs great routes, has great hands and had very good production throughout his career.

K- Rob Bironis, Tennesee 3 yrs, 9 mil

PUP-

WR- Mario Manningham
Keep him around for the playoffs

Draft:

2a. (40) David Amerson CB/FS- NC State 6'2, 193 f.m Tennesee
**Trade the 32nd pick to Tennesee for their 2nd round pick (40) and 4th round pick (104)

Amerson was a dynamic corner for NC State with a whopping 18 INTs in his two seasons including 13 as a sophomore. He has hands like a WR and great instincts. We will move Amerson to FS which will allow us to move Goldson over to SS when Whitner leaves and gives us a great ball hawking duo with Whitner doing what he does closer to the line of scrimmage.

2b. (52) Datone Jones DE- UCLA 6'4, 280 f.m Cincinatti
***Trade our two 3rd round picks, and a 6th round to Cincinatti for the 52nd overall pick

Perfect 1 gap DL to play in Fangio's D. This kid could be something special and can add 10-15 pounds and not lose any speed. He is an un-believably strong kid and will learn from the best for a year or two until Cowboy is ready to shut it down.

2c. (58) Quinton Patton WR- Louisianna Tech 6'2, 195 f/m Denver
**Trade Clevelands 3rd round pick (68) and Tennesee's 4th round pick to Denver for their 2nd round pick (58)

This guy is a Greg Jennings clone. He isn't a burner and he isn't that big but has great quickness, hands and run after the catch skills. I still think AJ Jenkins will be a good player and adding Patton will give us three nice young WR's.

4a. (103) EJ Manuel QB- FSU 6'4, 225 f/m NY
Trade our 4th (126) and our two 6th's (172 and 190) to the NY Jets for the 103rd overall.

Manuel needs some coaching but he has the skills. He is a poor mans version of Kaepernick and if he was to miss any time, Manuel would be able to slot in without having to change the playbook.

4b. David Baas OLB- Missouri Western 6'4, 263 COMP.
39 sacks and 56 tackles for loss in NCAA Div II. He didn't look out of place with the quickness and hand strength at the Senior Bowl. He needs to refine his pass rush moves but he has the potential to be a real good player.

5. Michael Williams TE- Alabama 6'6, 272 f/m Indy
Williams is surprisingly athletic for a big man. Although he hasn't done much as a receiver, he has done a great job as a blocker to free up some of the nations best runners. Adding a blocker like Williams will allow Vernon to line up wide or in the backfield more often instead of being used as a blocker.

7. Bruce Taylor MLB- V. Tech 6'2, 235
Experienced 3-4 inside linebacker.

Offense:

LT- Joe Staley
LG- Mike Iupati - Leonard Davis
C- Jonathan Goodwin - Daniel Kilgore
RG- Alex Boone - Joe Looney
RT- Anthony Davis

RB- Frank Gore - LeMichael James - Kendall Hunter - Anthony Dixon
FB- Bruce Miller

QB- Colin Kaepernick - EJ Manuel - Scott Tolzien

WR- Michael Crabtree - Kyle Williams - *Mario Manningham
WR- Greg Jennings - AJ Jenkins - Quinton Patton

TE- Vernon Davis - Delanie Walker - Michael Williams

Defense:

LDE- Ray McDonald - Datone Jones
NT- Issac Sopoago - Ian Williams
RDE- Justin Smith - Ricky Jean Francois - Will Tukuafu

LOLB- Ahmad Brooks - Darius Fleming - Michael Wilhoite
MLB- Patrick Willis - Tavarres Gooden
MLB- Navarro Bowman - Bruce Taylor
ROLB- Aldon Smith - David Baas

RCB- Tarell Brown - Perrish Cox
FS- Dashon Goldson - David Amerson - Trenton Robinson
SS- Donte Whitner - CJ Spillman
LCB- Chris Culliver - Carlos Rogers - Tramaine Brock

Teams:

K- Rob Bironis
P- Andy Lee
LS- Brian Jennings
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Jan 30, 2013 at 8:49 PM ]
I hate to be that guy.. But there are sooooo many trades. I can't take a mock seriously with a trade almost every round.

And Alex extended????
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I hate to be that guy.. But there are sooooo many trades. I can't take a mock seriously with a trade almost every round.

And Alex extended????

Nope. Justin and Goodwin extended. Alex traded

And since when are mocks 'serious'??
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Jan 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM ]
And trades will be expected this year.

We have so many picks and so few holes to fill. There will be trades.
There is NO chance that Datrone Jones lasts until the 52nd pick.
dont think goodwin will get extended, hes either a salay cap cut or he just finishes his curent contract paving the way for kilgore or a draftee to take over
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

And Alex extended????

Nope. Justin and Goodwin extended. Alex traded

And since when are mocks 'serious'??

Misread that about Alex. I don't know I thought most people targeted realistic mocks is all...
Misread that about Alex. I don't know I thought most people targeted realistic mocks is all...

So trades aren't realistic?

Not that many...............

Jennings is looking for a big payday. He will not sign for less than the $ 6.7 million he has made on average from his last deal.

Brock and L. Davis will be gone as well as the rest of the guys you predicted.

Amerson runs hot and cold, so that is a risky pick. Datone Jones will be long gone by #52 and EJ Manuel will not be there in the 4th. Patton is the only great value pick in this draft.

love the pics and the mock, only thing i would change would be o-line depth, good job.
If it went that way I would be happy as heck. Might wanna extend Brown, he just got a $2M bump, so an extension would be ideal to lower base and get him signed past 2013.

I would adjust to switch Amerson and Jones, and Manuel may go higher with a great senior bowl.
There will be trades, but I'm guessing we will consolidate more with fewer trades by picking up another first round pick. With a Smith trade, we have enough firepower to add a 1st in this draft and next.
Good job S.Y. I enjoy this mock. I like to see us trade our 1st pick for next years pick 1st pick to any team Like will give our first this year you give yours next year and we will have two 1st rounds pick in 2014
[ Edited by JD9671 on Jan 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM ]
Not bad...there are a lot of trades...but its not like dont have the picks to make those moves. no big deal.

Hate bringing back Leonard Davis and the E.J. Manual pick. I would say let Davis go and draft a kid at 4 then take a flyer on a developmental qb late.

I like the Jennings idea and I know people are going to tell you he will be expensive..and he might be. But if he ends up being expensive, somebody else will have to settle...and we go after that guy. Who ever we do get...say its Bowe instead, maybe we draft a slot guy in the 2nd when you take Patton...nobody's mock is perfect, but I would like to see an upgrade on the field over Moss, without giving up too much on the leadership if possible. Plus Rio and Williams may be slow to return.

I like that you addressed depth at safety, LB, and Dline...these are big needs in my opinion. I would like to see us be able to sub out a little more and give these guys a breather during the year. I really think that our lack of subsitution is what lead to the 2 wins, 1 loss pattern during the year. Fresh horses are a luxury for sure, but our roster is at the point where it can afford that luxury.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Not that many...............

Jennings is looking for a big payday. He will not sign for less than the $ 6.7 million he has made on average from his last deal.

Brock and L. Davis will be gone as well as the rest of the guys you predicted.

Amerson runs hot and cold, so that is a risky pick. Datone Jones will be long gone by #52 and EJ Manuel will not be there in the 4th. Patton is the only great value pick in this draft.

I sure wish I had your crystal ball.......