LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Introducing PigskinProspects.com

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Lets Bump This up. Check the site out now guys. Different design(Wordpress theme I should say). Plus a NFL Salaries database, http://pigskinprospects.com/nfl-salaries/

Site looks good. I did see one error.. Gavin Escobar did not go to San Jose St. (jasons big board)

thanks. And ha, I get San Jose State and San Diego State confused at times for some reason.
Great job and looking forward to seeing how it develops. Good luck!
You should add an share button AB.
http://pigskinprospects.com/

Bookmark the new site guys. Will have all new content, NFL and College, plus Draft info.

In your opinion, would our first round pick and Alex sent to KC or Cle for thier 2nd and 3rd round picks a logical/realistic move??KC/Cle move back into the first round and get Alex for a 3rd round pick. 9ers move from the 31st pick to the 33rd or 38th. And recieve an early 3rd round pick that could potenially be packaged to get back into the 2nd. I have this hope that we package some mid round picks to bring in some needed quality depth and use our comp picks and perhapes move some other picks to stock pile next year. Your thoughts
Originally posted by suckafree17:

Bookmark the new site guys. Will have all new content, NFL and College, plus Draft info.

In your opinion, would our first round pick and Alex sent to KC or Cle for thier 2nd and 3rd round picks a logical/realistic move??KC/Cle move back into the first round and get Alex for a 3rd round pick. 9ers move from the 31st pick to the 33rd or 38th. And recieve an early 3rd round pick that could potenially be packaged to get back into the 2nd. I have this hope that we package some mid round picks to bring in some needed quality depth and use our comp picks and perhapes move some other picks to stock pile next year. Your thoughts

I'm having a tough time gauging the value of Alex, one day it's no interest, then next day 5 teams may have interest in him. But If I am a GM, and namely KC , I rather trade my 2nd or 3rd for Nick Foles, who has a insanely great contract, and upside galore, over a 8 year Alex Smith, who's best year was 2011. I have a hard time seeing Alex netting us more than a mid 3rd. It wouldn't surprise me if he nets us a high 3rd, or as low as a 5th-7th. He isn't an option to stay. Dont read into Jed York and his cap crap b******t piece. The 49ers are $2.557M over the cap, they need the cap space if they even plan on keeping anyone of the Walker, Goldson and RJF. I have given up on us re-signing Sopoaga, seems like this years Rachal, no interest from us.

But for Alex, I can't see a team doing a big trade for him. March 12th-14th are the dates to watch. Something will happen then, 3 days into league year(which starts March 11th, FA 12th), we need to decide on trade or cut to save $9.75 million, or pay him a roster bonus of $1M. I see people having a trade in draft, I can't see them holding onto Alex. It's 1 not good cap wise, and 2 isn't right to Alex to force him to stay and not participate since he wouldn't be allowed on field with the players.

If anything happens, I hope, and I pray a 3rd for him. He makes $7.5 million in base the next 2 years. Not sure whether he will be required to take a pay cut, or play under that contract.
Originally posted by suckafree17:

I'm having a tough time gauging the value of Alex, one day it's no interest, then next day 5 teams may have interest in him. But If I am a GM, and namely KC , I rather trade my 2nd or 3rd for Nick Foles, who has a insanely great contract, and upside galore, over a 8 year Alex Smith, who's best year was 2011. I have a hard time seeing Alex netting us more than a mid 3rd. It wouldn't surprise me if he nets us a high 3rd, or as low as a 5th-7th. He isn't an option to stay. Dont read into Jed York and his cap crap b******t piece. The 49ers are $2.557M over the cap, they need the cap space if they even plan on keeping anyone of the Walker, Goldson and RJF. I have given up on us re-signing Sopoaga, seems like this years Rachal, no interest from us.

But for Alex, I can't see a team doing a big trade for him. March 12th-14th are the dates to watch. Something will happen then, 3 days into league year(which starts March 11th, FA 12th), we need to decide on trade or cut to save $9.75 million, or pay him a roster bonus of $1M. I see people having a trade in draft, I can't see them holding onto Alex. It's 1 not good cap wise, and 2 isn't right to Alex to force him to stay and not participate since he wouldn't be allowed on field with the players.

If anything happens, I hope, and I pray a 3rd for him. He makes $7.5 million in base the next 2 years. Not sure whether he will be required to take a pay cut, or play under that contract.

Well we know he wont take a pay cut and I agree that he isn't going to attract much more than mid round value however, it is his last year in that contract any way. Perhaps a team will bring him in and cut him a new deal like 3 years 16 million? This is of course if they want to retain him. Our salary cap number is important this year but with Harlonson being cut and a few other moves I feel like our cap number will be ok. Next year 2 years are the important years, 2014, 2015. A. Davis, Iupati, Crabtree, Kaep, Aldon, Culliver, and a handful of ST and backups are due. So if we bite the bullet and keep an unhappy Smith, he walks at the end of the year and we get the same cap relief, possible comp pick if he starts, and had a 9 million dollar insurance policy on Kaep for the 2013 season. If Alex did play at all next year as a 9er, it would give him a chance to show teams that he can still play in the leage even though he has been carring a clipboard........But again, what is Alex's value??????
already love your site and i am spreading it to my football buddies here in germany! so many valuable information! one thing: maybe you can add a date to your mocks and your positionals, so that people realize when you did your last changes (e.g. after combine).
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
already love your site and i am spreading it to my football buddies here in germany! so many valuable information! one thing: maybe you can add a date to your mocks and your positionals, so that people realize when you did your last changes (e.g. after combine).

Good idea, I like it.

Notes, doing more updated scouting reports. Some notes, Eric Fisher in the Mich State game looked over powered from what I saw, doesn't look top 10 pick to me, still second tackle.

Joeckel is clearly the top tackle, good in pass and run protection.

Lotuelei, aside from medical issues, is a beast, eats blockers up, good sack machine, tackling machine, and all around playmaker.
Update: Everything is rolling smoothly, wanted to just bump this for anyone who didn't see this, the old DraftWatchers.com, is now PigskinProspects.com. I would like to thank everyone who has viewed the site, I appreciate the feedback, still looking for right design template from wordpress. If anyone has any ideas on color scheme, PM me or let me know here.

And a big thanks to Andrew(SunDevilNiner79), he is amazing at what he does. Learning a lot as I go. Also added the insight of Mr.McGibblets, aka Oldie from footballsfuture.com. Real excited for that addition.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Looks great

Clear easy to find stuff

AB--this is fantastic! Great look and very clean. Will look forward to many hours of perusing on your site!
Update: Everything is rolling smoothly, wanted to just bump this for anyone who didn't see this, the old DraftWatchers.com, is now PigskinProspects.com. I would like to thank everyone who has viewed the site, I appreciate the feedback, still looking for right design template from wordpress. If anyone has any ideas on color scheme, PM me or let me know here.

And a big thanks to Andrew(SunDevilNiner79), he is amazing at what he does. Learning a lot as I go. Also added the insight of Mr.McGibblets, aka Oldie from footballsfuture.com. Real excited for that addition.

Thanks man update looks good. I'm excited about Oldie's additions too, I was looking at his stuff and it looks pretty good.

I'll try to get you more material this week. Almost done with final offensive position rankings, that I'm sure many will cringe at!

Thanks for your work man. For those curious, this stuff takes a TON of work.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Thanks man update looks good. I'm excited about Oldie's additions too, I was looking at his stuff and it looks pretty good.

I'll try to get you more material this week. Almost done with final offensive position rankings, that I'm sure many will cringe at!

Thanks for your work man. For those curious, this stuff takes a TON of work.

Thanks Andrew. Appreciate all the hard work you have put into it. Means a lot with the help.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
AB--this is fantastic! Great look and very clean. Will look forward to many hours of perusing on your site!

Thanks man, couldn't do it without the help from SunDevil and now Oldie on board. Helps to have people I can rely on and trust.
Bump.

My Positional Rankings:

http://pigskinprospects.com/jasons-posr-rank/

My Big Boards:

http://pigskinprospects.com/jasons-big-board/
Share 49ersWebzone