There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Reid-CB/KR/PR-Valdosta State

Worth a flyer in the late 7th round. Has had some off the field issues while he was at Florida State. He transferred to Valdosta and tore his ACL at the beginning of the season. By all accounts he should be available for the start of next season. He's undersized, but a very good cover cornerback. He's very feisty, hard-nosed as a competitor, explosive and has punt and kick return skills. He was one of the top return men in college football his freshman year and projects out as a slot corner in the NFL. He got dismissed from Florida State due to marijuana possession, but before that had a reputation as a very dedicated athlete and team leader.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM ]
7th round pick sounds about right. But even then, he has 3 major issues to overcome...size (probably closer to 5'7"), character (da weed) and the knee. Not a big deal to use a 7th round pick on him, but I don't like his chances with those 3 major strikes against him.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
7th round pick sounds about right. But even then, he has 3 major issues to overcome...size (probably closer to 5'7"), character (da weed) and the knee. Not a big deal to use a 7th round pick on him, but I don't like his chances with those 3 major strikes against him.

Hence the 7th round selection, I do think he's got a lot of upside, had he stayed healthy and kept himself clean he could have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder with his talent. For his size, he plays pretty physical and even if he was only used as a punt returner, his explosiveness could be very useful.
As much as I like G5. I'd rather pass. Reid will never be more than a role player in the NFL. All he will ever do is special teams and our front office prefers more value.