There are 178 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I'm ending drat**tchers, need suggestions on a new domain name

Things are messed up with GoDaddy, and I dont want to go through the transfering of the domain name, so thinking of a new name.

have these I'm thinking,

draftreference.com
draftdirection.com
"James Marshall found gold while working for John Sutter at his ranch in northern California on January 24, 1848. He had been hired to build a mill for Sutter. This place would enter American lore as 'Sutter's Mill'. Word quickly spread through California, the rest of America and eventually the world and people flocked to California to make their fortune. In fact, according to some estimates, the population increased by 86,000 people in two years. Most of these treasure seekers left for California in 1849, hence our name for them: 49ers. Many of the 49ers themselves picked an appropriate name from Greek mythology: Argonauts. These Argonauts were in search of their own form of a golden fleece - wealth free for the taking. The trek was arduous for those who came over land. Many made their journey on foot or by wagon. It could sometimes take up to nine months to get to California. For the immigrants who came from across the ocean, San Francisco became the most popular port of call. In fact, San Francisco's population grew from about 800 in 1848 to over 50,000 in 1849."

ArgonautsDraftCenter.com
Both are good. Also consider:

draftbullseye.com

draftdart.com

both available...
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
"James Marshall found gold while working for John Sutter at his ranch in northern California on January 24, 1848. He had been hired to build a mill for Sutter. This place would enter American lore as 'Sutter's Mill'. Word quickly spread through California, the rest of America and eventually the world and people flocked to California to make their fortune. In fact, according to some estimates, the population increased by 86,000 people in two years. Most of these treasure seekers left for California in 1849, hence our name for them: 49ers. Many of the 49ers themselves picked an appropriate name from Greek mythology: Argonauts. These Argonauts were in search of their own form of a golden fleece - wealth free for the taking. The trek was arduous for those who came over land. Many made their journey on foot or by wagon. It could sometimes take up to nine months to get to California. For the immigrants who came from across the ocean, San Francisco became the most popular port of call. In fact, San Francisco's population grew from about 800 in 1848 to over 50,000 in 1849."

ArgonautsDraftCenter.com

Originally posted by dtg_9er:

draftbullseye.com

draftdart.com

both available...

good stuff, I like draftbullseye, is that better than draftreference and draftdirection?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

draftbullseye.com

draftdart.com

both available...

good stuff, I like draftbullseye, is that better than draftreference and draftdirection?

They would appeal to different readers I would think. Using reference would appeal to serious researchers, while bullseye is just a catchy visual...draftdart is fun to say...alliteration. Draftdirection I am less sure about...sounds like it could be a site for pilots to check air currents.

draftbullseye.com

draftdart.com

both available...

They would appeal to different readers I would think. Using reference would appeal to serious researchers, while bullseye is just a catchy visual...draftdart is fun to say...alliteration. Draftdirection I am less sure about...sounds like it could be a site for pilots to check air currents.

I want a catchy name, that attracts viewers, and overall content to be good.
Www.yourdraftgreenroom.com
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
draftdodgers.com and profile players teams should avoid. Don't be another generic draft site, be unique.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Draft101.com
I want a catchy name, that attracts viewers, and overall content to be good.

49erdraftroom.com is available. This takes any question out of the name.

NFLeDraft.com

sixlombardisdraft.com

Keep bumping this and someone may come up with the winner. I agree about the catchy name attracting viewers but it has to be short and memorable as well. Too many parts to remember keep folks from visiting and recommending. The sixlombardisdraft.com is a bit long and presumptive. LOL!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Profootballanalytics.com
www.draftbeer.com
I would recommend a name that doesn't start with draft. I use a number of draft sites, and it's a pain in the ass browsing some of them because they all are draftsomething.com

Also, many (drafttek.com for example) are one letter off of sites with the same name, but different content. (Draftek.com is about drafting, as in drawing blueprints.)

Far and away the easiest one to remember and to navigate to and from in my browser is Walter Football, because the name is different from anything else. As soon as I hit "w" in my browser history, it comes up. Or if I type "Walt" into google search bar, it comes up. With any of the sites that start with draft or NFL or anything like that, navigation and finding them in the sea of similarly named sites is more difficult.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
I would recommend a name that doesn't start with draft. I use a number of draft sites, and it's a pain in the ass browsing some of them because they all are draftsomething.com

Also, many (drafttek.com for example) are one letter off of sites with the same name, but different content. (Draftek.com is about drafting, as in drawing blueprints.)

Far and away the easiest one to remember and to navigate to and from in my browser is Walter Football, because the name is different from anything else. As soon as I hit "w" in my browser history, it comes up. Or if I type "Walt" into google search bar, it comes up. With any of the sites that start with draft or NFL or anything like that, navigation and finding them in the sea of similarly named sites is more difficult.

Problem is getting all the search engines to recognize your site in this category...and for users to recognize it as well. Something like roundone.com would be less usual but would not indicate the NFL or draft directly. It's been a while since I studied how searches go but google and others are getting pretty sophisticated these days...perhaps the name tags are less important?
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 24, 2013 at 6:50 AM ]