There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Any kickers worth drafting?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

One of my favorites as a UDFA is Brett Baer of Louisiana-Lafayette, who shown very good accuracy the past 2 seasons.

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
How about Brett Baer of Louisiana Laffayette?

20-29 Range: 7-8
30-39 Range:5-5
40-49 Range:6-8
50+ Range:2-2

Not the strongest leg but he has been pretty accurate.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Walsh was a very nice find indeed. Zuerlein missed a lot of FG's this year, not sure if you want to use him as an example of success, he was 2nd to last in accuracy just ahead of Akers. Big leg with iffy accuracy.

I'm not saying these guys are worthless, just that they don't have higher draft value than 6th or 7th round. As far as overall accuracy goes, Quinn Sharp has been the best out of the major prospects available this year.

One of my favorites as a UDFA is Brett Baer of Louisiana-Lafayette, who showed very good accuracy the past 2 seasons.

He is accuracy is low because he attempted a league high 13 50+ FGs
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Dustin Hopkins, FSU
Caleb Sturgis, Florida
Zach Brown, Portland State (though he did miss a FG in the East West Shrine game)
Brett Maher, Nebraska

Those are the 4 I can think of.

zach brown band
so who the one you guys want
I'd be very surprised if the team did not use a pick by the 5th round on a kicker.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'd be very surprised if the team did not use a pick by the 5th round on a kicker.

I dont think they would take one before the 5th round. However, I could easily see the Niners packaging a 6th and 7th to move up to the 5th to draft Hopkins or Sturgis.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I dont think they would take one before the 5th round. However, I could easily see the Niners packaging a 6th and 7th to move up to the 5th to draft Hopkins or Sturgis.

Yeah I would like to have Hopkins on our roster, kid has a strong leg
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jan 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM ]