There are 257 users in the forums

New 7-round mock (4th and 5th round comp picks)

the 1st 2 picks i like i like corderelle patterson and chase thomas in the 3rd
I am not much of a draftnik but this draft does address need for defensive depth.

I don't see the 49ers using all these picks,. Too many picks for too few spots.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I am not much of a draftnik but this draft does address need for defensive depth.

I don't see the 49ers using all these picks,. Too many picks for too few spots.

I keep hearing people say this, but it isn't necessarily true.

Ginn won't be back, that creates an opening at WR.

Manningham probably won't be available for the starter of the season, creates more need at WR.

Delanie Walker may not return, if so that creates a need at TE.

Haralson might get released, no telling what they have with Fleming and Johnson, an upgrade could be needed there.

Brock is a goner, that creates an opening at CB, they need an upgrade at the spot anyways as Rogers is aging.

Goldson may or may not return, if he doesn't, now you have an opening at safety.

Soap might be gone, you have to fill in the hole at NT, even if Williams becomes your starter there.

RJF could be gone, potential hole at DE that needs to be filled.

Gore is going to be 30, Hunter might not be ready at the beginning of the year, James is not a fulltime back, this still leaves a need for more depth at RB.

More depth along the OL is needed unless the 49ers decide to rely on one of the guys on the practice squad. If Goodwin gets released...well, now you really need
more OL depth.

They could be looking at replacing 6 or 7 players plus filling in existing holes....along with kicker..etc. I could see 8 or 9 of the drafted players making the team next year.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM ]
Great Mock, I don't think Swearinger falls to the end of the 5th but if he did that would be great, overall very nice mock!
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Its Baalke, you know its gonna happen because nobody expects it to happen.

The better Kaepernick does, the higher Manuel gets drafted.

personally, I think he ends up in the first round anyways after shredding the combine

Would be a great fit as a back-up QB, just don't see him falling out of 1st two rounds in the draft.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I keep hearing people say this, but it isn't necessarily true.

Ginn won't be back, that creates an opening at WR.

Manningham probably won't be available for the starter of the season, creates more need at WR.

Delanie Walker may not return, if so that creates a need at TE.

Haralson might get released, no telling what they have with Fleming and Johnson, an upgrade could be needed there.

Brock is a goner, that creates an opening at CB, they need an upgrade at the spot anyways as Rogers is aging.

Goldson may or may not return, if he doesn't, now you have an opening at safety.

Soap might be gone, you have to fill in the hole at NT, even if Williams becomes your starter there.

RJF could be gone, potential hole at DE that needs to be filled.

Gore is going to be 30, Hunter might not be ready at the beginning of the year, James is not a fulltime back, this still leaves a need for more depth at RB.

More depth along the OL is needed unless the 49ers decide to rely on one of the guys on the practice squad. If Goodwin gets released...well, now you really need
more OL depth.

They could be looking at replacing 6 or 7 players plus filling in existing holes....along with kicker..etc. I could see 8 or 9 of the drafted players making the team next year.
I agree. I think people are assuming that most of the picks won't be used, but depending on where we draft, we could have lots of guys making the team. You mentioned positions we need future starters and key backups at. Also, if there are any rookies that can come in and not have much of a drop off compared to the vets already on the roster (I'm referring to the backups), the rookie is making the roster. Time to bring in some younger talent that can play with some type of regularity.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
The better Kaepernick does, the higher Manuel gets drafted.

personally, I think he ends up in the first round anyways after shredding the combine

Im a huge seminoles fan and i just dont see it in him. He can move but he seems more like a culpepper rusher then kaep.
Share 49ersWebzone