There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cooper Mock Draft 2.0

Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Don't see the Niners picking two WRs in the first five rounds AND keeping Moss. I think that, regardless, Moss will not be resigned. His skills are greatly diminshed and and will only regress further with time. Roster spots are precious.

I like the first pick, but doubt that he lasts to the end of the round. However, stranger things have happened and, I'm sure, will.

Nice job.

Well, it looks like I nailed that one! Harbaugh just said that he wanted Moss back next year! Lol !

Haha I actually want Moss back for his attitude, experience, and willingness to help our young receivers rather than for his on field production. Never thought I'd be saying that about Randy Moss..
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
What are the cons on Jesse Williams? Why is he expected to go late first/early second behind Hankins and Jenkins?

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013jwilliams.php

I guess it's because his pass rushing stats aren't so great. That's not a big deal at all really for the NT in our scheme

That report was written prior to the start of last season. It might be true, but it is a bit dated.

If he breaks the bench press record at the combine, his stock will, rightly or wrongly, go up.
No way in hell Jesse Williams falls to the mid 2nd round short of robbing a bank or being caught selling crack cocaine to Roger Goodell's daughter.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
No way in hell Jesse Williams falls to the mid 2nd round short of robbing a bank or being caught selling crack cocaine to Roger Goodell's daughter.

Or teams not valuing a run-stuffing, 2-gap NT as highly as they used to...more teams see this is a specialty as opposed to a necessity. Agreed that it's highly unlikely that Williams falls out of the first round because he's an absolute stud. But IMO as defenses play more nickel/dime and place a higher emphasis on players that can defend the pass/rush the passer, a guy like Williams might fall a little.
Originally posted by buck:
That report was written prior to the start of last season. It might be true, but it is a bit dated.

If he breaks the bench press record at the combine, his stock will, rightly or wrongly, go up.

Yeah that was my bad, I didn't realize it was a pre-season report. But he only had one sack this year, so I think that will still be the knock on him
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Or teams not valuing a run-stuffing, 2-gap NT as highly as they used to...more teams see this is a specialty as opposed to a necessity. Agreed that it's highly unlikely that Williams falls out of the first round because he's an absolute stud. But IMO as defenses play more nickel/dime and place a higher emphasis on players that can defend the pass/rush the passer, a guy like Williams might fall a little.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_2.php

This is a pretty credible website which he is picked at 57. And like Ghost said, run-stuffing NT's aren't that high in demand. I do agree with you that he is a stud and we would definitely be lucky if he falls that far. I just think there's a better chance of him falling to the second than you do

This is a pretty credible website which he is picked at 57. And like Ghost said, run-stuffing NT's aren't that high in demand. I do agree with you that he is a stud and we would definitely be lucky if he falls that far. I just think there's a better chance of him falling to the second than you do

I stopped reading there. LOL.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

WalterFootball is pretty entertaining....but that's about it. William's motor and impressive power will get him a look, he's got tremendous push, even if he doesn't have pass-rush skills, he's going to represent a lot of value to someone and his basement is probably the 10th pick of the 2nd round. Just too much upside for him to fall any further. So like I said, unless he goes full felon mode before the draft, you're not getting him in the 2nd round.

I'd happily take him in the late 1st and not think twice about it though. Plug him in as the starter at NT from the get-go.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 19, 2013 at 2:52 PM ]
I stopped reading there. LOL.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

WalterFootball is pretty entertaining....but that's about it. William's motor and impressive power will get him a look, he's got tremendous push, even if he doesn't have pass-rush skills, he's going to represent a lot of value to someone and his basement is probably the 10th pick of the 2nd round. Just too much upside for him to fall any further. So like I said, unless he goes full felon mode before the draft, you're not getting him in the 2nd round.

I'd happily take him in the late 1st and not think twice about it though. Plug him in as the starter at NT from the get-go.

Haha yeah I just started looking at that website before the draft last year and I go to it a lot actually. I thought he did a pretty good job of predicting where prospects would go in last year's draft and that's kind of what I based my mock draft off of. But yeah I think Williams was really undervalued and idk about NFL gm's but a lot of people tend to undervalue run stuffing NT's
Haha yeah I just started looking at that website before the draft last year and I go to it a lot actually. I thought he did a pretty good job of predicting where prospects would go in last year's draft and that's kind of what I based my mock draft off of. But yeah I think Williams was really undervalued and idk about NFL gm's but a lot of people tend to undervalue run stuffing NT's

I think the focus will be on more athletic, 3 down NT's, Williams fulfills those caveats.

Versatility helps....he can play 3-4 DE, NT, 4-3 DT, even a really monster 4-3 DE. Because of these qualities, he can fit in with teams running hybrid 3-4/4-3 defenses.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

he would be really good on running downs and then bring in floyd for passing downs. that would be a really good rotation
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
he would be really good on running downs and then bring in floyd for passing downs. that would be a really good rotation

Not gonna happen. Williams will likely be taken before Floyd.
Nice draft but I would keep rjf and instead of Swopes I like corderell patterson and I love the brandon jenkins pick. Good Job.
I would pick a kicker in the 5th, the niners need the best kicker available.
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
Nice draft but I would keep rjf and instead of Swopes I like corderell patterson and I love the brandon jenkins pick. Good Job.

Patterson is gonna go in the first round.
This is bar none my favorite draft I have seen, hits a bunch of our needs and includes a few of my draft crushes( re: Swope). I am curious about Honey Badger....this is the highest I have seen him go, and many have him as late as a seven. I don't know where to grab him myself so I am curious why you went so high.