There are 369 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mel Kipers Mock

Originally posted by TJA85:
Might as well just keep Alex Smith for the remainder of his contract if Baalke were to draft Geno Smith in Round 1.


Agree. It would suck for Smith, but given Kaep's low price tag and how much he runs, they should keep them both. If Kaep got hurt you know Smith would play balls out for a little payback on the job loss. You couldn't lose. Depends on what they could get for Smith in trade value, I suppose.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by TJA85:
Might as well just keep Alex Smith for the remainder of his contract if Baalke were to draft Geno Smith in Round 1.


Agree. It would suck for Smith, but given Kaep's low price tag and how much he runs, they should keep them both. If Kaep got hurt you know Smith would play balls out for a little payback on the job loss. You couldn't lose. Depends on what they could get for Smith in trade value, I suppose.


I am not advocating getting Geno Smith, but one does have to look at the ROOKIE salary cap for round I. Picking at pick 32, it is a four year 6 million dollar contract with 4 million guaranteed. 1.5 million a season for a back up qb is not bad. Smith is scheduled to make 16 million over two seasons.

Again, I want a DL, I was doing a tongue in cheek for qb, but baalke et al surprise me.
Originally posted by 9erred:
if Geno Smith falls to pick 32, I would not mind if Baalke took a head scratcher pick and took Geno Smith.

Kaepernick/Geno Smith/Tolzien- QB position set for years. GS would be good at the modified pistol. I personally think two qb's will be gone in round 1. FA qb class sucks and desperate teams will reach for a qb.

Lol I was thinking the same thing earlier. If he makes it to us I hope they pick him. Just for the comedy.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I really hope we get Floyd, hes my draft crush this year. One of the very few positions that we can get immediate production from a rookie.

What's his motor like? Can he go full-out like Cowboy for 60+ plays?

I like Margus Hunt in the 2nd if he makes it down to us, simply because he has that freak motor. I'm not excited about his age, though.

Sounds like he has a pretty good motor. Should be able to develop and progress nicely.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/1/16/3877854/sharrif-floyd-2013-nfl-draft-scouting-report
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
Picking 30th???

FU Kiper

We're picking 32nd fool!



No no no... Kiper means that we will move up from 32 to 30 because we have so many picks
I think we go DL, this draft is deep on the DL and we end up with a good one
Originally posted by luis1985:
No no no... Kiper means that we will move up from 32 to 30 because we have so many picks

IF a DL stud makes it to pick #24 I would like to see the Niners trade up to the #24 spot (one spot a head of Seattle) and take that DL before Seattle has the chance to take that player.
Williams is a tough guy, played rugby in Australia, they look upon American football as a sissy sport. When I've watched them on television they seem to be in remarkable condition. Can't really pin Baalke down, he's a tough read when it comes to the draft. With all those #3's he can maneuver.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Kiper has Geno Smith falling out of the first round entirely, with no quarterbacks being selected there, that's nuts.


if Geno Smith falls to pick 32, I would not mind if Baalke took a head scratcher pick and took Geno Smith.

Kaepernick/Geno Smith/Tolzien- QB position set for years. GS would be good at the modified pistol. I personally think two qb's will be gone in round 1. FA qb class sucks and desperate teams will reach for a qb.

Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
Picking 30th???

FU Kiper

We're picking 32nd fool!

That's what I thought. He must of had us trade up 2 spots.
Originally posted by saj4423:
That's what I thought. He must of had us trade up 2 spots.


His picks are based on the seeding right now. When the 49ers win the Super Bowl they'll have the 32nd pick.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,860
I think that Baalke is predictable in his drafting - at least when it comes to position. We needed Oline help, he drafts 2 OL in the first. We need pass-rush, he drafts an OLB. We need a WR, he drafts one. He probably will draft DL this year, we may just be surprised by the player.
We will pick #32.....
Love the pick, but hopefully the draft position is a couple of picks lower say....32.
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
IF a DL stud makes it to pick #24 I would like to see the Niners trade up to the #24 spot (one spot a head of Seattle) and take that DL before Seattle has the chance to take that player.

LOL. The ESPN announcers would be like "damn thats cold".