LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Mel Kipers Mock

Does anyone have espn insider? I dont want the whole mock just the niners pick.
Sharrif Floyd *
San Francisco 49ers (11-4-1)

COLLEGE: Florida
HT: 6-3
WT: 303
POS: DT

Analysis: At some point, San Francisco has to assume that the ageless Justin Smith might finally need a breather, and Floyd is the type of versatile defensive lineman who profiles well as a 3-4 defensive end. Florida moved Floyd to the inside during his sophomore season, but he was back at defensive end this season, and just kept getting better. Like Smith, he's a powerful player who can push the pocket with power and will free up other pass-rushers, while making tackles for loss on his own.

I would be happy with Shariff Floyd in round 1. We need to get a solid defensive lineman first and foremost.
Kiper has Geno Smith falling out of the first round entirely, with no quarterbacks being selected there, that's nuts.
thanks phoenix
I really hope we get Floyd, hes my draft crush this year. One of the very few positions that we can get immediate production from a rookie.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Kiper has Geno Smith falling out of the first round entirely, with no quarterbacks being selected there, that's nuts.

if Geno Smith falls to pick 32, I would not mind if Baalke took a head scratcher pick and took Geno Smith.

Kaepernick/Geno Smith/Tolzien- QB position set for years. GS would be good at the modified pistol. I personally think two qb's will be gone in round 1. FA qb class sucks and desperate teams will reach for a qb.
Anybody like Jesse Williams from Alabama? He could be a future replacement for Sopoaga.
Originally posted by 9erred:

if Geno Smith falls to pick 32, I would not mind if Baalke took a head scratcher pick and took Geno Smith.

Kaepernick/Geno Smith/Tolzien- QB position set for years. GS would be good at the modified pistol. I personally think two qb's will be gone in round 1. FA qb class sucks and desperate teams will reach for a qb.

You're crazy, now that would be a freaking waste of a pick. Now if a team wants to trade up fine, but taking a qb in the 1st would be the stupidest thing the harbaugh/baalke era can do. Draft a dline man or someone who will make an impact
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

You're crazy, now that would be a freaking waste of a pick. Now if a team wants to trade up fine, but taking a qb in the 1st would be the stupidest thing the harbaugh/baalke era can do. Draft a dline man or someone who will make an impact

Did you read where I said a head scratcher pick?? I agree, but after last years first round debacle where the commentators yelled out loud "wow" when the niners picked AJ Jenkins and no producers had any game tape to show because no one thought he would be picked on day 1 or day 2 for that matter.

Mark my word, the niners will not go DL (even though I think they should). They will go with a head scratcher Baalke pick. They are 1 for 2 so far, hitting on Aldon and whiffing on AJ Jenkins.

Did you read where I said a head scratcher pick?? I agree, but after last years first round debacle where the commentators yelled out loud "wow" when the niners picked AJ Jenkins and no producers had any game tape to show because no one thought he would be picked on day 1 or day 2 for that matter.

Mark my word, the niners will not go DL (even though I think they should). They will go with a head scratcher Baalke pick. They are 1 for 2 so far, hitting on Aldon and whiffing on AJ Jenkins.

Difference is that WR is a position where you can have 2-3 guys on the field at once and upwards of 5-6 on the roster and it's considered normal.

But, there's only 1 QB ever on the field, a 2nd one active for emergencies and very few teams even carry a 3rd on their roster.

Bottom line: you don't take a QB with a 1st when you have a guy you trust with your future already. Baalke may be a gambler, but he's not an idiot.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners23:

Difference is that WR is a position where you can have 2-3 guys on the field at once and upwards of 5-6 on the roster and it's considered normal.

But, there's only 1 QB ever on the field, a 2nd one active for emergencies and very few teams even carry a 3rd on their roster.

Bottom line: you don't take a QB with a 1st when you have a guy you trust with your future already. Baalke may be a gambler, but he's not an idiot.

Might as well just keep Alex Smith for the remainder of his contract if Baalke were to draft Geno Smith in Round 1.

Picking 30th???

FU Kiper

We're picking 32nd fool!

Originally posted by btthepunk:
I really hope we get Floyd, hes my draft crush this year. One of the very few positions that we can get immediate production from a rookie.

What's his motor like? Can he go full-out like Cowboy for 60+ plays?

I like Margus Hunt in the 2nd if he makes it down to us, simply because he has that freak motor. I'm not excited about his age, though.
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Anybody like Jesse Williams from Alabama? He could be a future replacement for Sopoaga.

I want either Sharrif or Williams. We need someone else for our aging Dline.
Share 49ersWebzone