LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Gil Brandt's Mock @ NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/gil-brandt/155116?module=HP11_content_stream

Johnathan Hankins

BOTTOM LINE Hankins, who carried the nickname "Big John" or "Big Hank" around Ohio State's campus, is a load to handle on the defensive line with impressive fluidity and coordination skills for a big man, playing with an active motor. He played all over the defense line in college, lining up both outside at DE and inside at DT. Hankins rarely left the field and his coaches talk positively about his football character, but he often looked fatigued and worn down throughout games, meaning his snaps (and weight) will need to be monitored at the next level. Hankins has a rare combination of size, strength and foot quickness for a defensive lineman to be a force against both the run and the pass. Although he only looks half-speed at times when his tank isn't full, Hankins can tear through blocks like paper -– a potential top-12 pick with the versatility to line up as a traditional 3-technique DT in a four-man front or an effective two-gapping 0-technique NT for a 3-4 defense.

I wouldn't be disappointed to get him there. Then, we can move up to get Magus in the second.

Good to be back in the Draft Room.
Have you not watched the draft under Baalke. His first round pick will be a head scratcher where everyone yells, who?? What??

I agree with the analysts that NT or 3-4 DE is needed, which leads me to believe we will draft a RB with the first pick, leaving everyone speechless, including me.
Yea I saw this draft. This happens to be the only one where Hankins makes it to us, and when we win the Super Bowl (knock on wood) Atlanta and New England who he has mocking a DT will definitely scoop him up. That being said I don't think it's impossible because management has showed they don't mind trading up.
Hmm, he has Star Lotulelei falling to #10.

If that were the case, I wouldn't mind seeing the niners aggressively moving up to trade for him. With Soap possibly leaving and Smith getting up there in age, he would be an amazing fit.
I just don't see a scenario where Matt Barkley goes ahead of Jarvis Jones and Star Lotulelei.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Have you not watched the draft under Baalke. His first round pick will be a head scratcher where everyone yells, who?? What??

I agree with the analysts that NT or 3-4 DE is needed, which leads me to believe we will draft a RB with the first pick, leaving everyone speechless, including me.

No 9erred, I've been in a frickin' cave. Who?

Yea, I think he jumps up to get his man or stays put n moves up in the second. Either way, he will leave us .
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I just don't see a scenario where Matt Barkley goes ahead of Jarvis Jones and Star Lotulelei.

I want me some Lui Lui!!! Star would be epic in this D. Sell the Farm Baalke, sell it!!!!!! LOL Would be nice though. Hell, Seattle took Irvin so they wouldn't have to jump up to get him. How much better is Star over let's say Ngata or Raji?

Watch it be a cornerback. Wouldn't shock me in the slightest and I'd be quite content with that.
If we getHankins he'll get into the best shape of his life at Camp Harbaugh.

Agree that Baalke will shock us.

Trading WAY up would ort of shock me.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I guess my pipe dream of getting Kenny Vaccarro is just that. He's really shot up boards, guess staying his SR year was the right call.
Originally posted by ninertico:

No 9erred, I've been in a frickin' cave. Who?

Yea, I think he jumps up to get his man or stays put n moves up in the second. Either way, he will leave us .
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I want me some Lui Lui!!! Star would be epic in this D. Sell the Farm Baalke, sell it!!!!!! LOL Would be nice though. Hell, Seattle took Irvin so they wouldn't have to jump up to get him. How much better is Star over let's say Ngata or Raji?

Hey tico, long time no see! I think Star is closer to Ngata than Raji, which is a good thing...but just can't see a scenario where he falls to an area where we could (or would) draft him without giving up half of our picks.

Hankins falling all the way to the bottom of the 1st? Not saying it isn't possible when it's all said and done as a lot of things can change from here till then with senior bowls/pro-days/combine but that's a bit of a shocker at this point.
Gil Brandt knows football but his mocks are usually pretty whacked.
wouldnt mind that pick at all, we need depth at the Nose.
Share 49ersWebzone