There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Countdown to 2013 NFL Draft (April 25-27): 0 days!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Let the countdown begin.

100 days
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 15, 2013 at 12:04 AM ]
Whooooooo!!!!

1/ 15

rd 1 = DE / Sharrif Floyd {Florida}
rd 2 = TE / Zach Ertz {Stanford}
rd 3 = OLB / John Simon {Ohio State}
rd 3 = NT / Brandon Williams {Missouri Southern}
rd 4 = CB / Darius Slay {Mississippi State}
rd 5 = WR / Aaron Mellette {Elon}

then safety, RB, OT depth

And away we go...

One of the added bonuses of being in the playoffs is a shorter offseason. I haven't looked into the draft much since the season is still going on. Will be another fun draft with all the picks and the extra 3rd. A lot will depend on free agency but we can get some serious depth and future starters if we draft right. Should be another interesting offseason as well... Do we lose any of our coaches? Do we trade Alex or re-work his deal? Who is our NT next year? Do we work out a long term deal with Goldson or do we tag him again? Who will be our kicker? That being said we haven't finished our season and we have business to take care of.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 15, 2013 at 8:04 AM ]
All I expect is the unexpected from Balke
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Jan 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM ]
VERY nice draft McGibblets!
I like the draft but I refuse to get hyped up over Zach Ertz. I'd love for us to draft him but it seems that we have consistently passed on the train of solid players that have come out of Stanford in the last few years. But here we go again :-).
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
99 days
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
98 days
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
97 days
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Whooooooo!!!!

1/ 15

rd 1 = DE / Sharrif Floyd {Florida}
rd 2 = TE / Zach Ertz {Stanford}
rd 3 = OLB / John Simon {Ohio State}
rd 3 = NT / Brandon Williams {Missouri Southern}
rd 4 = CB / Darius Slay {Mississippi State}
rd 5 = WR / Aaron Mellette {Elon}

then safety, RB, OT depth

You have good taste in WR's. Mellette and Tasker are my two WR darlings this year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
96 days
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
All I expect is the unexpected from Balke

Go for our number 1 need in the first round (it was O-Line in 2010, pass rusher in 2011, and WR in 2012), but pick up an unknown?

If the pick is more Aldon Smith like, I'm all for it. The jury is still out on AJ Jenkins. I think the talent is there. I haven't seen Baalke totally whiff on a high pick yet so I am reserving judgement. I think we will see more from our top picks (if they go DE and NT early) in this draft because they will have the opportunity to come in and give our defensive line guys breathers. A top tier TE would also get significant playing time as well as a receiver or 2 if Manningham and Williams aren't healed here. All other positions most likely would be in the same role our 2013 draft picks were in. Redshirting, barring injury.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
95 days
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
94 days